Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency (8113 Views)

New Band A Tariff: NERC Orders Automatic Downgrade After 7 Days Non-Performance / IDPs: Peter Obi Excuses Ortom's Non-Payment Of Salaries, Pensions (Video) / Lawmaker, Tijjani Abdulkadir Jobe Beaten By Kano Youths Over Non-Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by Jamiubond009(m): 7:29am On Sep 13, 2022
cool
Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by Akfrenzy(m): 7:29am On Sep 13, 2022
grin
Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:29am On Sep 13, 2022
Vote OBIDATTI.

Don't allow them use tribal divisions cause you another 4 years suffering. Those trying to deceive you are being paid in dollars. They are part of the reason for high dollar naira exchange. If you join them to mortgage your future, while you don't have money to spend in the harsh economy, they will be spending theirs and travelling around the world.

Allowing tribalism becloud your sense of reasoning is giving room to enslavement.
Don't listen to their fake promises and do not be deceived by the gifts they want to use and deceive you.

In your country, students cannot school comfortably without cultists dealing with them. There is high occultism, sex for grade, money for grade and other vices. Their children cannot school in Nigeria in their quest to escape those vices. But they come to higher same gangs to win elections. Their children spend the best of money in biggest clubs in Europe and even wash their hands with costly champagne.

They do not seek medical attention in Nigeria because they know that expert doctors have flee to other countries. How long will you be praying to japa to go and become slave in other countries? Everyday your people abroad snap beautiful pictures to intimidate you. As if they are in heaven while you are in hell. Is it not about time you too started taking similar pictures to humble them. Why do you think it's difficult baba mi?

You cannot farm in peace again. You cannot travel in peace again. The possibility of you dieng prematuredly is daily flashing in your eyes. Tribalism or religion will not save you my brother. Your PVC is your power. If you vote the old order, they will assume it's business as usual and reinforce the same stealing. If you vote out the old order, even the new order will be afraid of what you can do and will behave properly. A word is enough for the wise.

VOTE WISELY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by Kingxchange44: 7:30am On Sep 13, 2022
seunmsg:
What defined your tenure as governor of Anambra state? What are your achievements that can be verified today? Who are the young people you mentored back then and where are they today?

Oga Obi Pass una, no cap.
Go and Verify.

I don't do blind argument. This is just little, you can still go and fact check una nonsense

1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by GavelSlam: 7:30am On Sep 13, 2022
SWATMan:

Political mentoring is not a virtue in politics. Go through American, British and other advanced democracies political history, you will observe that mentorship is not used as a campaign strategy to woo the electorate. It's only hare-brained blind loyalist like you that preach about it as if it is a panacea to the problems confronting us as a nation. Even at that all those students of his failed woefully in this govt. That Is what brought us to where we are presently.
SMH

What was Obi able to do for Anambra that Ugwuanyi has not done for Enugu?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by NwaMamaIwota(f): 7:30am On Sep 13, 2022
we believe you my president

Hahahaha
e pain Tinubu urchins ooo
Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by bhella10: 7:32am On Sep 13, 2022
It defined your Governorship sir
Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by Jeffmek(m): 7:34am On Sep 13, 2022
Realist12:
But his supporters have been giving excuses for his under performance in Anambra.
Whilst he compares Nigeria to China you dare not compare the developments in Anambra to Lagos, their excuses are Lagos was the former capital, Anambra was created in 1991.
They keep saying Anambra is a poor state hence couldn't embark on capital projects yet Obiano didn't give such excuses when building the Airport and we know Obi always reiterating that Nigeria is broke and in trouble.

You're so naive and speak like an ignorant fellow, why calling out Obiano who executed airport project from the proceed of Obi legacy which him Obiano testified about it...
Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by ezechi242: 7:36am On Sep 13, 2022
SocialFinance:
Example of performance: 25mill found in his car while many youths from his state were inside dun selling gala before they could eat

Another performance indices: he packed Anambra looted fund to Pandora. Waoh

Thirdly, he performed so well, after his 8 years, he had to migrate to toll collectors party to avoid prosecution and defraud his people with lie on 2nd niger bridge

Another one, he developed Anambra so well that he can't live there but make Lagos his home.

A round of applause for Ipob sponsor.

You mean the same Lagos that flood has taken over everybody's house3 and shops?.

And I am sure you haven't for once in your life traveled out of your hut in osun.

We know Ronaldo and messi for the awards they've won in their carrier, same way we know obi for the awards his won from international bodies as a governor. What do you know about tinubu as a governor.
Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by EgunMogaji2: 7:37am On Sep 13, 2022
He's saying all that now but wait till you get in there and "The Cabal" and "Special Interest Groups" are sitting on your throat.

It'll be more believable just to say that you will honour the oath of the constitution that you will swear to and do your very best.

Also lay out what you "hope" to accomplish on your first day, 90 days, 6 months, 1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year and in your final year in office.

Over promising and under delivering kills candidates.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by ipobarecriminals: 7:37am On Sep 13, 2022
grin grin grin clown

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by ezechi242: 7:43am On Sep 13, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
He's saying all that now but wait till you get in there and "The Cabal" and "Special Interest Groups" are sitting on your coat.

It'll be more believable just to say that you will honour the oath of the constitution that you will swear to and do your very best.

Also lay out what you "hope" top accomplish ion your first day, 90 days, 6 months, 1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year and in your final year in office.

Over promising and under delivering kills candidates.

You can only be controlled by cabals when they are the ones that put you there. And he doesn't have to put that kind of pressure on himself simply because he wants to please people like you. Because even your new year revolution no rest two days before you brake am not to talk about a nation that has one of the biggest debt in Africa.
Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 13, 2022
Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by israel90: 7:52am On Sep 13, 2022
Peterobi90:

The young people he mentored and have kept mentoring are doing very well today as business men, captains of industry, academicians, bankers and other various aspects of life.... if you really understand what "Tinubu's mentoring" means, you would know its just nepotism at permanent grip on power.. how come he chased away Ambode one of his mentee despite good governance?
ok how do u justify someone that has two plane but he doesn't have a company or business of his own
Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by seunmsg(m): 7:58am On Sep 13, 2022
Peterobi90:

The young people he mentored and have kept mentoring are doing very well today’s as business men, captains of industry, academicians, bankers and other various aspects of life.... if you really understand what "Tinubu's mentoring" means, you would know its just nepotism at permanent grip on power.. how come he chased away Ambode one of his mentee despite good governance?

It’s fine if your argument is that he did not mentor politician but career businessmen and academics. Can you mention the names of these guys so that we can go and verify.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by kingRagnarr: 8:07am On Sep 13, 2022
Kingozymandias:
cool
One thing I find admirable about this gentleman is his unbridled intelligence and easy charisma.

Nothing is forced with him. He makes the opposition feel uncomfortable hence why the Southwest are constantly attacking him and abusing him grin.

In my earlier thread where I stated that this election has exposed the hidden deep hatred the southwest has for the southeast I was called a dooms sayer , a tribalsitic prophet etc.

Alas recent events have shown I was all too correct for decades they told you that the southwest are accomodating and kind and don't hate anyone that it's the Ibo and Hausa that hate each other. Alas this election is exposiing it all to be false.

Read more here
https://www.nairaland.com/7292122/truth-coming-elections-exposed-yoruba
lol u really think peter obi is making the the opposition uncomfortable? Bro where i come from are like 100k+ people nd i can tell u 75% dont even knw him nd they are the voters nd we that knw him will not vote for igbo man nd am not voting for yoruba man either... u can insult me or whatever i dont care cos like it or not we are all the same in this country ‘tribalist and religious bigots’

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 13, 2022
Just as the case was way back then when you're Governor in Anambra. You have a solid reference point in your stewardship in Anambra. But other Nigerians may have a different opinion, you know. Question is, would you grant those Nigerians the right of freedom of speech? What of your militant supporters? Are we going to be safe from their weapons of mass destruction, physical and verbal? Because these are strange times, when the electorate must accept LIES as the truth from Imperial presidential candidates willy nilly!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:16am On Sep 13, 2022
seunmsg:

It’s fine if your argument is that he did not mentor politician but career businessmen and academics. Can you mention the names of these guys so that we can go and verify.
The only people tinubu mentored is Mc olowo
Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by kcubani: 8:20am On Sep 13, 2022
The Man of the moment
Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 13, 2022
Jeffmek:

You're so naive and speak like an ignorant fellow, why calling out Obiano who executed airport project from the proceed of Obi legacy which him Obiano testified about it...

The Sun Newspaper

Politics

I Inherited N127bn Debt From Obi– Obiano

18th October 2017

By Obiora Aghadinuno

The governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano has revealed that contrary to the sanctimonious posturing of his predecessor, former Governor Peter Obi, the state was saddled with a huge domestic debt of N127 billion when he left office in March 2014.

Speaking in the Governor’s Lodge, Amawbia, Governor Obiano explained that his silence over the debt his predecessor sought to tie his hands with had been mainly because he did not want to allow his regime to be distracted at inception. He explained that he wanted to concentrate on the delivering his promise of good governance to Ndi Anambra.

According to him, the N127 billion debt came mostly from the 101 road contracts that the former governor hurriedly awarded at the dying minutes of his regime without making any provision whatsoever for them in order to create probles for his administration from the very first day.

Obiano listed other disingenuous designs by his predecessor to make sure that his regime never really took off. He mentioned the last minute employment of 6000 workers without provision for their welfare as well as the various hotels and independent power projects which he had no plans to complete.

He however revealed that he has quietly completed 51 out of the 101 roads and assured Ndi Anambra that the remaining 50 would soon be completed.

Obiano’s revelation came on the heels of the growing inconsistencies in the figures being thrown up by Obi which have left many discerning observers wondering just how much the former governor actually left behind.

They point at Obi’s sudden volte-face from his earlier declaration that he handed N75 billion cash to his successor and his declaration at the flag off of the PDP campaign in Onitsha yesterday that the actual amount he handed over was N48,626 billion.

While delivering an address that has been mostly cdismissed by political analysts as suicidal, Obi was caught on camera saying “when I was leaving this place, we left in savings N26bn. We set aside for important projects, N23,629 billion. If you put the two together, it will come to N48, 626 billion.”

The former governor’s contradictory accounts of the exact amount he bequeathed his successor leaves huge gaps in the emerging narrative of dubious accountability and an even more doubtful integrity.

This becomes more so in the light of the revelation that in Obi’s so called N75 billion handover are embedded all manner of moribund and toxic assets which he cleverly reported as profitable investments in the handover note.

For instance, Obi’s reportage of the 16.5% equity stake in emenite, a fibre cement roof and ceiling manufacturing company set up by the premier of the old Eastern Region, Dr M.I. Okpara, which was shared between the five states that made up the as part of the trumpeted investments he had handed over to Obiano is nothing but pure fraud.

Observers also complained that it speaks volumes about Obi’s vaunted integrity to realize that he also reported that he had invested the sum of N3.5 billion in Interfact Beverages Limited, when in reality what he invested was N1.4 billion only. This followed Obiano’s announcement that his administration would soon revise the discrepancy to reflect the actual equity stake of the state in the company.

Other dead bodies buried in Obi’s handover note include the N9 billion involuntary investment in the Nigerian Independent Power Project, conceived in 2004 by the Obasanjo regime which the Federation Account was charged to fund on behalf of the 36 states. One wonders how this investment could have found its way into Obi’s phantom savings that he handed over to Obiano in cash.

Other components of Obi’s “famous” N75 billion cash handover include the N4 billion estimated value of the land resources of Anambra State on which the oil installations of Orient Petroleum Resources stands which he “cleverly” converted into the state’s shareholding in Orient Petroleum Plc and quickly reported as his own wise investment while in actuality, the only investment in the company when Obi handed over was the N100 million invested by former governor Chris Ngige who also issued the C of O for the land.

Another embarrassing falsehood reported as part of the N75 billion cash handover is the Federal Government refund to Anambra State on the repair of federal roads in the state which stood at N10 billion during Obi’s regime.

It smacks of utter mischief to report this debt owed the state by the Federal Government as a part of the cash handover as the Federal Government has yet to clear the debt while the Obiano regime has responded to more distress calls on federal roads in the state, pushing the debt overhang now to N43.8 billion to date.

Indeed, Obi’s ill-advised decision to speak up on the actual amount he left his successor has blown up on the faces of his admirers who cringe at the embarrassing inconsistencies in his accounts which now dangles between N75 billion and N48,626 billion.

At this rate, many political observers bet that Obi may not have any reputational capital left by the end of the current electoral campaign in Anambra State.
Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by Goodoldays(m): 8:34am On Sep 13, 2022
polite2:
This man should stop talking already....granting press and TV station audience at any slight given opportunity.

Plz be more honourable by keeping quite ...

Go and keep him quiet
Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by kally90(f): 8:55am On Sep 13, 2022
Realist12:
But his supporters have been giving excuses for his under performance in Anambra.
Whilst he compares Nigeria to China you dare not compare the developments in Anambra to Lagos, their excuses are Lagos was the former capital, Anambra was created in 1991.
They keep saying Anambra is a poor state hence couldn't embark on capital projects yet Obiano didn't give such excuses when building the Airport and we know Obi always reiterating that Nigeria is broke and in trouble.

He didn't under perform and will never under perform. Go and verify
Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by Peterobi90: 8:58am On Sep 13, 2022
seunmsg:

Thats the thing with good leaders... they better the system not individuals...
Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by EgunMogaji2: 9:01am On Sep 13, 2022
ezechi242:

You can only be controlled by cabals when they are the ones that put you there. And he doesn't have to put that kind of pressure on himself simply because he wants to please people like you. Because even your new year revolution no rest two days before you brake am not to talk about a nation that has one of the biggest debt in Africa.

I don’t remember quoting you sha.
Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by drlateef: 9:14am On Sep 13, 2022
seunmsg:
What defined your tenure as governor of Anambra state? What are your achievements that can be verified today? Who are the young people you mentored back then and where are they today?

Don’t worry yourself bro. Do you expect to hear any truth from Obi the Olympic gold medal liar? He will lie from the pit of hell. Any lies will do in desperation to win election. Obi the liar is a failure. He will never do what he could not do in the past.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by Zorn: 9:18am On Sep 13, 2022
Realist12:

You were probably in prison when he was the governor of Anambra state. Criminal.
Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by LalastiklaIa(m): 9:21am On Sep 13, 2022
SocialFinance:
Example of performance: 25mill found in his car while many youths from his state were inside dun selling gala before they could eat

Another performance indices: he packed Anambra looted fund to Pandora. Waoh

Thirdly, he performed so well, after his 8 years, he had to migrate to toll collectors party to avoid prosecution and defraud his people with lie on 2nd niger bridge

Another one, he developed Anambra so well that he can't live there but make Lagos his home.

A round of applause for Ipob sponsor.
No apology you just sounded like a 5 year old crying small girl
Re: Peter Obi: Excuses, Non-performance Won’t Define My Presidency by polite2(m): 9:36am On Sep 13, 2022
Goodoldays:

Go and keep him quiet
Lolz.. I like him. But sometimes it's better to remain silent. It keeps ur opponent wandering

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Soldiers Did To Ambulance Carrying Casualties From The Lekki Toll Gate / NDLEA Arrests Fake Security Agent, Brazil Returnee, Recovers Cookies, Others / Governor Akeredolu Leads APC Campaign Rally On Ondo Central

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.