Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,167 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu (611 Views)

2023: You Are The Next President - Ondo Monarchs Tell Tinubu / Re: Akeredolu, Ondo Governor's Convoy Crushes Man / Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Has ‘taken Over’ As Ondo Governor – Pastor Giwa (2) (3) (4)

It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by Ctorch: 7:52am On Sep 13, 2022
It is Yoruba's turn to be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu.

The Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, has apologised to Christian clerics over the Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket of the All Progressives Congress.

He also appealed to them to help talk to their followers about the need to forgive and give the party a chance.

This was contained in a statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr Richard Olatunde, on Monday

According to the statement, the Chairman of the Southern Governors’ Forum spoke on Sunday at the 40th Holy Ghost Convention Dinner of The Sword of the Spirit Ministries held at the International Conference Centre, University of Ibadan.

The governor hinged his call for understanding on the need for power to return to the southern part of the country after eight years in the northern part.

He said, “I understand our feelings because I am one of you. I am a Christian. All of us here are worried. What will be our gain, and that, why is my party, the APC, throwing up a Muslim-Muslim ticket?

“It has been a real issue for all of us; even members of the party. We have debated it, fought it and done so many things about it. I have always said to people, that my fight was for a Southern President. Now it has come to the South-West, will I now throw the baby away with the bathwater? Can I, in all honesty, do it? Should I, in all honesty, do it?

“We call it a matter of coincidence. It is a matter of conscience. All of us are here, why don’t we look at it from one angle? The buck stops on the table of the President. Do we have a capable hand who can manage the affairs if given the opportunity? Do you have a man who is bold enough to challenge incursions into our land? That is it.

“All of us here have lived together for years, and we didn’t allow religion to cause a fight among us. We have Muslims in our families and there is no fight. We have many leaders in Yoruba land who have both Muslims and Christians in their families and there is no fight.

“So, we want to appeal to our people that this is our time. I want to appeal to all our senior pastors and general overseers to help talk to their followers. We politicians can only do little. This is our time, please don’t be angry.”

https://punchng.com/akeredolu-apologises-to-clerics-over-muslim-muslim-ticket/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR22J_gelBQERJ1vzVJa7n-e1qjZ0EcGIxTZKJthgeFGzXtDC9IQVoRLog0#Echobox=1663041389
Re: It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by clanholies: 7:57am On Sep 13, 2022
Exactly
Re: It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by Ndibunna: 8:02am On Sep 13, 2022
All forms of tribalistic comment from one part of the country

This is serious.

Re: It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:04am On Sep 13, 2022
Let me bookmark this comment.
Re: It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by Ndibunna: 8:09am On Sep 13, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Let me bookmark this comment.

Tinubu's law
Re: It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by SpatialKing(m): 8:13am On Sep 13, 2022
It is Nigerians turn to decide who will lead them

Re: It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 13, 2022
Vote for me grin
Re: It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by Currentblog: 8:20am On Sep 13, 2022
angry angry
Your state being govern by you as not for once been settle since u had yr reign as a drunkard with beard on yr forehead..
You dey cap yoruba AGBADOLISM for
President,
With due respect sir
Yr excellency
You are very stupid for saying this.

Re: It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:25am On Sep 13, 2022
Vote OBIDATTI.

Don't allow them use tribal divisions cause you another 4 years suffering. Those trying to deceive you are being paid in dollars. They are part of the reason for high dollar naira exchange. If you join them to mortgage your future, while you don't have money to spend in the harsh economy, they will be spending theirs and travelling around the world.

Allowing tribalism becloud your sense of reasoning is giving room to enslavement.
Don't listen to their fake promises and do not be deceived by the gifts they want to use and deceive you.

In your country, students cannot school comfortably without cultists dealing with them. There is high occultism, sex for grade, money for grade and other vices. Their children cannot school in Nigeria in their quest to escape those vices. But they come to higher same gangs to win elections. Their children spend the best of money in biggest clubs in Europe and even wash their hands with costly champagne.

They do not seek medical attention in Nigeria because they know that expert doctors have flee to other countries. How long will you be praying to japa to go and become slave in other countries? Everyday your people abroad snap beautiful pictures to intimidate you. As if they are in heaven while you are in hell. Is it not about time you too started taking similar pictures to humble them. Why do you think it's difficult baba mi?

You cannot farm in peace again. You cannot travel in peace again. The possibility of you dieng prematuredly is daily flashing in your eyes. Tribalism or religion will not save you my brother. Your PVC is your power. If you vote the old order, they will assume it's business as usual and reinforce the same stealing. If you vote out the old order, even the new order will be afraid of what you can do and will behave properly. A word is enough for the wise.

VOTE WISELY.

Re: It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by APCnaPDP: 8:51am On Sep 13, 2022
Nope, it is a Nigerian’s turn. Let Nigerians decide. If you wanted to be president, you should have brought out Adesina or someone good for us to vote.

Re: It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by Racoon(m): 8:53am On Sep 13, 2022
Just imagine! This is so terrible of Akeredolu.

Re: It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by Honjoshy4u: 8:59am On Sep 13, 2022
I always know that all the call for southern presidency is for selfish purpose. After 16years presidency you're still shouting your turn....
If East won't get it, please North should continue.
Re: It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by ASAPFERG: 9:00am On Sep 13, 2022
Yes.. If tinubu doesn't win, make Nigeria divide
Re: It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 13, 2022
Why can't all the ethnic groups go their seperate ways?? .

Ethnic leadership is really uncalled for

Must we be one Nigeria under this circumstances

Rubbish
Re: It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by Sergio103(m): 9:20am On Sep 13, 2022
No much letters to waste
Re: It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by asanausana91: 9:28am On Sep 13, 2022
I know that this fool will backstab the igbos. You had your turn why are you still claiming it's your turn. I will appeal to Peter obi to join hand with Atiku so that we can send this calamity out.
Re: It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by Iliveforever(m): 9:36am On Sep 13, 2022
It’s no longer the turn of a southerner??

Even an old man is a fool, once tribalism is involved

Re: It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by Iliveforever(m): 9:37am On Sep 13, 2022
So that tinubu will come and sink Nigeria the same way Lagos you all claimed he built singlehandedly is sinking.

Re: It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by toneroforever(m): 9:38am On Sep 13, 2022
Ctorch:
It is Yoruba's turn to be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu.

The Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, has apologised to Christian clerics over the Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket of the All Progressives Congress.

He also appealed to them to help talk to their followers about the need to forgive and give the party a chance.

This was contained in a statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr Richard Olatunde, on Monday

According to the statement, the Chairman of the Southern Governors’ Forum spoke on Sunday at the 40th Holy Ghost Convention Dinner of The Sword of the Spirit Ministries held at the International Conference Centre, University of Ibadan.

The governor hinged his call for understanding on the need for power to return to the southern part of the country after eight years in the northern part.

He said, “I understand our feelings because I am one of you. I am a Christian. All of us here are worried. What will be our gain, and that, why is my party, the APC, throwing up a Muslim-Muslim ticket?

“It has been a real issue for all of us; even members of the party. We have debated it, fought it and done so many things about it. I have always said to people, that my fight was for a Southern President. Now it has come to the South-West, will I now throw the baby away with the bathwater? Can I, in all honesty, do it? Should I, in all honesty, do it?

“We call it a matter of coincidence. It is a matter of conscience. All of us are here, why don’t we look at it from one angle? The buck stops on the table of the President. Do we have a capable hand who can manage the affairs if given the opportunity? Do you have a man who is bold enough to challenge incursions into our land? That is it.

“All of us here have lived together for years, and we didn’t allow religion to cause a fight among us. We have Muslims in our families and there is no fight. We have many leaders in Yoruba land who have both Muslims and Christians in their families and there is no fight.

“So, we want to appeal to our people that this is our time. I want to appeal to all our senior pastors and general overseers to help talk to their followers. We politicians can only do little. This is our time, please don’t be angry.”

https://punchng.com/akeredolu-apologises-to-clerics-over-muslim-muslim-ticket/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR22J_gelBQERJ1vzVJa7n-e1qjZ0EcGIxTZKJthgeFGzXtDC9IQVoRLog0#Echobox=1663041389

Akeredolu, how can u in all clear conscience say that it is the turn of the Yorubas, & to make such a claim in a church for that matter. Abeg try fear God nah
Re: It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by NwaMamaIwota(f): 9:39am On Sep 13, 2022
that's the plan
do the damage and apologize later

yoruba Christians will never support that devilish ticket.
Re: It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:42am On Sep 13, 2022
Iliveforever:
It’s no longer the turn of a southerner??

Even an old man is a fool, once tribalism is involved
Their coming out small small

Re: It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by EndsarsReloaded: 10:00am On Sep 13, 2022
Theif! Ole!! Barawo!!! Onye oshi!!!!

Your turn again after Obasanjo's 8 years and Osinbajo's 8 years?

Na only you waka come??!!!
Re: It Is Yoruba's Turn To Be President - Ondo Governor Akeredolu by EndsarsReloaded: 10:03am On Sep 13, 2022
asanausana91:
I know that this fool will backstab the igbos. You had your turn why are you still claiming it's your turn. I will appeal to Peter obi to join hand with Atiku so that we can send this calamity out.

Atiku is no different, both of them are dishonest criminals. If Atiku has conscience, he should support Obi, after all Igbos have always supported him in the past.

Throwback: Obiano Denies Obi’s N75bn Handover / See How Tinubu Is Milking Lagos ... Is this what we want in Nigeria? / Leave The Missing Baby To God Apostle Suleman Attacks Ijelespeaks VIDEO