Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,135 members, 7,845,776 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Kindly Advice On This Relationship Issue - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Kindly Advice On This Relationship Issue (475 Views)

A Car Or A Land- Kindly Advice / Lesson And Experience With My Wife And His Elder Brother, Kindly Advice / This Is Not A Relationship Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Advice On This Relationship Issue by Penflame(m): 10:55am On Sep 13, 2022
Hi!

I am a graduate, 25 years old and currently working even though the salary isn't much while my girlfriend is a school cert holder, 21 years old and a fashion designer earning little by little too. She is willing to further her education but her parents seems not really interested in that.
I really love this girl because she has everything I want in a woman except the education.

I have always want to be in a serious relationship with someone as educated as I am or at least an ND holder, but I am not that financially buoyant to sponsor her education.

The uneducated part of her do show up sometimes and it's really annoying. I have tried to make sure she doesn't look like she's not educated but it is still easily known.

Kindly advice on what to do in this situation. Should I leave her and find another girlfriend or stick with her like that?
No insults abeg!

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advice On This Relationship Issue by PlayMaker14: 11:02am On Sep 13, 2022
Dear Penflame,

Kindly listen to Simi's “Love Don't Care” song word for word and come back later.
Re: Kindly Advice On This Relationship Issue by faithfull18(f): 11:05am On Sep 13, 2022
She can always further as long as she is willing. Then, there's NOUN. Going back to school would even help expand her network of potential customers.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advice On This Relationship Issue by Acidosis(m): 11:11am On Sep 13, 2022
Just to be clear, spending 3-4 years attending a tertiary institution will not change that "uneducated" side.

3-4 years with ASUU lecturers cannot correct the failures of her primary and secondary school teachers. She had 12 years to get it right.

Encourage her to invest in self-learning.

5 Likes

Re: Kindly Advice On This Relationship Issue by pansophist(m): 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2022
Education should not be confused with schooling.

School is one of the vehicles to access education. For example, if your destination is Abuja, then the vehicles to reach there can be via plane, car, walk, bicycle, etc. She can educate herself in numerous ways that are cheap, flexible, location independent, and so on.

Traditional schooling at best just gives you certificates, hence you see so many graduates that are so dumb, that you begin questioning the schools that award them certificates and call them their alumni. So now that I got that cleared up, be intentional.

Don't commit resources to her education in a hope that she will marry you later. Only do that with the intention that if she leaves, you are okay. So if you can't give without expecting something back, then don't do it at all. Schooling in Nigeria at this time is where young people go to get corrupt and spoilt beyond redemption.

A school that should be a place people go to become formidable and sharpen their resolve has become a fork fest, degeneracy, and occultism, that it's better to be illiterate than for school to happen to you. So if you must help her transcend her uneducated state, let her see other methods that don't involve schooling, since they are cheaper.

Personally, I have learned more online than in traditional classrooms. Self-education (also known as autodidactism) is the true path to knowledge, as you cannot be brainwashed, indoctrinated, or miseducated this way. Most of the respected scientists and philosophers studied and discovered things themselves, materials which school now uses to teach others.

13 Likes

Re: Kindly Advice On This Relationship Issue by IyaTola: 3:49pm On Sep 13, 2022
Penflame:
Hi!

I am a graduate, 25 years old and currently working even though the salary isn't much while my girlfriend is a school cert holder, 21 years old and a fashion designer earning little by little too. She is willing to further her education but her parents seems not really interested in that.
I really love this girl because she has everything I want in a woman except the education.

I have always want to be in a serious relationship with someone as educated as I am or at least an ND holder, but I am not that financially buoyant to sponsor her education.

The uneducated part of her do show up sometimes and it's really annoying. I have tried to make sure she doesn't look like she's not educated but it is still easily known.

Kindly advice on what to do in this situation. Should I leave her and find another girlfriend or stick with her like that?
No insults abeg!
Sweetie, it will end in tears, once a woman gets into school the game changes. Men marry down, women marry up. It's okay she has a skill, save up an open a shop for her to practice what she has learnt.

We have senn countless times on this forum and real life where a man sponsors a lady to school and at the end if the day, the man that trained her is no longer in his class.

Use your tongue and count your teeth.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advice On This Relationship Issue by Helpout12345: 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2022
IyaTola:
Sweetie, it will end in tears, once a woman gets into school the game changes. Men marry down, women marry up. It's okay she has a skill, save up an open a shop for her to practice what she has learnt.

We have senn countless times on this forum and real life where a man sponsors a lady to school and at the end if the day, the man that trained her is no longer in his class.

Use your tongue and count your teeth.

IyaTola has points here

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advice On This Relationship Issue by Helpout12345: 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2022
1. Don't sponsor her until you are married to here to avoid story that touches the heart later. Encourage here to start online or distance learning school but be very careful how much you invest into someone not married to you.

2. You can marry her, collect one or two children from her. Then enroll her in online or distance learning school.

3. School certificate sometimes does not translate to education or intelligence. There are many school cert holders more educated or intelligent than many degrees carriers.

(1) (Reply)

Swimming Pool Safety / Suicidal Thoughts / Man Breaks Piggybank, Packs Money He's Been Saving To Buy Xmas Gifts For GF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.