Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,725 members, 7,955,740 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:08 PM

How To Receive Power: 7 Biblical Sources - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Receive Power: 7 Biblical Sources (175 Views)

Receive Power To Be Free From Hell Right Now. / 7 Biblical Reasons For Divine Healing (3) / A List Of Extra-biblical Sources For The Biblical Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Receive Power: 7 Biblical Sources by topshore(f): 10:58am On Sep 13, 2022
Scripture Text: Ecclesiastes 8:4

" Where the word of a king is, there is power, who may say unto him, what doest thou?"- Eccl. 8:4 KJV

There are many sources of power but the best source of power is from God.

There are seven(7) Bible references that give an expository on how we can source for and receive God's Power.

1. Hebrews 4:12
"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."
- The more the Word of God we know, meditate, memorise and use or do, the more "Power" we receive from God.

2. Romans 1:6
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."
- If we are not ashamed, and do spread the "Gospel of Christ", we will receive the Power of God. There's no salvation anywhere else but in Christ Jesus.

3. James 5:16-18
"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.
And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit."
- Another source of God's Power is through prayer. The more we pray, the more we discover. The more we discover, the more we recover. The more we recover, the more revelation. The more revelation, the more successful we become.

4. Revelations 12:11a
"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony".
- We can get the Power of God through the Blood of Jesus to overcome satan and his agents.

5. Acts 1:8
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
- The Holy Ghost is another source we can get God's Power. When we have received the Holy Spirit, He will fill us afresh and to the brim daily with God's life.

6. Philippians 3:10
"That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death."
- The Resurrection Power of God is the sixth Power source from God to us. We should connect to it everyday.

7. Isaiah 57:15
"For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones."
- Holiness and Brokeness give Power. The humble spirit and contrite heart attract and receive God's Power.

However, if you are not born again you cannot receive God's Power.

This is another opportunity for you to give your life to Christ, repent from your sins or re-dedicate your life to Christ so that you can connect to the sources of the Power of God.

If you would like to give your life to Christ, just say this short prayer:

"Lord Jesus, I come to You now, come into my life, take control of my life, and change my world. I say bye-bye to the devil, I enter into the Kingdom of Light. Thank You Jesus in Jesus mighty name I pray, amen."

Congratulations!!!

God bless you.

Peace.

Culled from Dr. D.K Olukoya Message
Re: How To Receive Power: 7 Biblical Sources by Righthussle: 11:35am On Sep 13, 2022
Good

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Christians Do Diabolism? / God's Belonging / You Can Do Better - If You Want To...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.