Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Between Aba And Lagos, Which Is Dirtier? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Aba And Lagos, Which Is Dirtier? (368 Views)

Fights Gets Dirtier As Seun Kuti And Okoye Brothers, Engage In Public Exchange / Apart From Lagos,which Other Yoruba State Can Obi Get 25%? / Abia Government Imposes Curfew In Aba And Umuahia Metropolis Between 10pm & 6am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Aba And Lagos, Which Is Dirtier? by ScamHunter: 6:14pm On Sep 13, 2022
As someone who has lived in both cities, I want to say that your experience depends on your location.

I stayed in a place called Umungasi in Aba and it's just like living in any urban area of Nigeria. Having said that, I'll add that Aba is an extremely chaotic and near lawless city. If you're even remotely educated and disciplined, this is certainly not a town for you unless you limit the parts of the town you wouldn't want to go to. Most of the outskirts are practically slums and this is compounded by the flatness of the city. Calling the town one big dirty supermarket isn't out of order. There are decent places that are not affected by dirtiness and slightly livable during the rains.

Lagos...
I lived in an estate in Lagos. The fact that the estate nearly straddle an expressway means that I didn't experience what the ordinary residents pass though in terms of horrid dirt. I wouldn't want to talk about the many slums of Lagos, but even a visitor would have observed these on transit. The problem of Lagos is compounded by the fact that the city is grossly overcrowded. Also, the rich are selective in where they invest.
Lagos is a seaside city that is poorly managed. Maybe, it's just an issue of the managers being overwhelmed by the magnitude of work needed to make the city functional or just the traditional corruption. Outside well managed estates, Lagos is a horrible place to live in.
For one, the waterfronts and waterways are so clogged with waste that the government is mostly incapable of doing much about the dirtiness of the city in dry season. The stench of the canals is so terrible that researchers should find work just studying the effects on people that live close to them.

Then comes the rainy seasons. You wouldn't want to be in many parts of Lagos when the rains come. It seems 79% of the city is flooded. The canals may not stink as badly as in the dry season but the flood water and dirt could find their way into the homes.

Another problem with Lagos is the chaotic traffic situation. This actually improved during the time Fashola became governor because the man is actually a leader that made effort to get close to the people.

I really can't say what the situation is at the moment, but between Aba and Lagos, I think the traffic situation is better in Lagos because they have in place a good traffic control system and law's in place in the latter. The summary is that both cities are not very livable for the poor. The bad news for Lagos is that some of the highbrow areas on the island are also not liveable for the rich when the rain comes. Aba and Lagos have a lot of lawlessness among drivers. At the end, those that suffer most in both cities are the poor. Aba's main issue is that the government are not even putting in minimal effort because the state never had a governor like Fashola that cared to make things work.
Re: Between Aba And Lagos, Which Is Dirtier? by Anigreat: 6:15pm On Sep 13, 2022
shocked

Nothing to judge here. We all know that Lagos is filthy, smelly , erosion and flood ravaged city. As if all these were not enough, agberos increased the smelly level of Lagos by their sweaty body cum body odour and their incurable halitosis spread everywhere when shouting.

3 Likes

Re: Between Aba And Lagos, Which Is Dirtier? by nianasa: 6:15pm On Sep 13, 2022
Forget it our politicians are in overrated
Re: Between Aba And Lagos, Which Is Dirtier? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 13, 2022
There is always a dirty part in every state and there are so many beautiful places to so we shouldn't conclude cuz if checking it ,it will be of no use.

2 Likes

Re: Between Aba And Lagos, Which Is Dirtier? by Totilopussylick(m): 6:16pm On Sep 13, 2022
Lagos will forever remain the dirtiest city in Nigeria
Re: Between Aba And Lagos, Which Is Dirtier? by MatrixReloaded: 6:19pm On Sep 13, 2022
Omo lagos dirty no get part two. My yorouba people go back to Ogun state and Osun. Leave lagos for developers so we go help una city boy rebuild am, ozumba madiwe na IGBO man name o. I trust my Hausa brothers, dem go just dey laugh us for one corner. cheesy
While Aba Nna remains the most notorious and dirtiest cities in the whole of SE.... Abandoned by Orji cabals to rot in ruin beta off a Theocracy. shocked

It's Peter reporting live from Abuja.
& Paul broadcasting from Kigali.
Re: Between Aba And Lagos, Which Is Dirtier? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 13, 2022
Dirty is common...
Its not optional!
Re: Between Aba And Lagos, Which Is Dirtier? by dangermouse(m): 6:47pm On Sep 13, 2022
Like one poster posted above, in every society,village, town, city etc, their is always a dirty part.

Even America has its dirty towns.

@ op.

Stop posting divisive posts.

1 Like

Re: Between Aba And Lagos, Which Is Dirtier? by slimfit1(m): 6:49pm On Sep 13, 2022
Lagos because they can afford to clean it up and turn waste to wealth.
Re: Between Aba And Lagos, Which Is Dirtier? by Ikpeyi: 6:49pm On Sep 13, 2022
Obviously, it is Lagos...the day I went to Jankande Isolo,Ejigbo,Ikotun,Igando, Ijegun and Idumu axis....very dirty
Re: Between Aba And Lagos, Which Is Dirtier? by Michelle70(m): 6:50pm On Sep 13, 2022
i wanted attack the OP but this isnt suppose to be my concern
Re: Between Aba And Lagos, Which Is Dirtier? by nazicartel(m): 6:51pm On Sep 13, 2022
The two of them is something else. The issue of bad is just these stupid people ruling them. If they can channel some resources there. Then their case will be settled
Re: Between Aba And Lagos, Which Is Dirtier? by Stallionhorse: 8:01pm On Sep 13, 2022
If not for Igbo's Lagos will be a big dustbin. So no need to compare both cities we know the truth.

(1) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo Supported Southern Breakaway / No Igbo Man Can Win Presidency In 2023: Orji Kalu Writes Off Peter Obi / Wike Denies Being Offered Senatorial Ticket By Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.