Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

A Day In The Streets Of Lagos {short Story} - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / A Day In The Streets Of Lagos {short Story} (316 Views)

Davido Recreating Fast & Furious On The Streets Of Atlanta Lol / A Short Story With Pictorial Illustrations. / We Hit The Streets To Ask Nigerians Very Simple Question Here Is There Responds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Day In The Streets Of Lagos {short Story} by Success1099(m): 10:48pm On Sep 13, 2022
I just got back from The States to Lagos, Nigeria after my degree program. I was given a lite reception that day and really enjoyed my family presence once again.

Most especially, I enjoyed the Africa dishes prepared right at home. The 'Ewedu' soup and 'Amala' was just unthinkable seeing the credible quantity of meat inside the bowl. Due to it sizes, you just have to relocate the meats to another plate before the 'fufu' can reach the soup.

Recounting all that dropped down the said day, I came across a pretty young lady who was staring at me and would stop at nothing if not my attention.

After the house party, I walked up to her and we exchanged phone numbers on realizing her family and mine are close friends.

We got talking few days later and I decided to visit her the next week, since she would be traveling back to the UK to continue her study.

It was Friday already and I was very happy that I would be having a good time with Maryam finally before she leaves the country the next day. The thought of her beautiful face and lovely voice wouldn't escape from my head in a hurry and once again I couldn't wait to see her falling on my shoulder for the first time after we've dated on the phone for almost a week.

Thus, I jumped on one of the Danfo Buses heading to Oshodi even when my bro advised I go with one of the cars at home or even an Uber. I disagreed and thought of using the opportunity to see new people and get to exploit different places of the city.

The vehicle was stopping every now and then to either carry passengers or drop them off at one designated Bus-stops to another. Though, I was not worried but few who sat beside me were murmuring in dissatisfaction. I stayed cool and wouldn't want to say a word in other not to let my accent to single me out.

We got to some extend and I saw a woman beside the road stirring a pot of hot stew filled with provocative sizes of meat inside. "Wow!" I though within me and swallowed saliva countless times. I wish I could tell the driver to stop me at this point but it seems Oshodi was still far from there.

"Damn...! People are enjoying in this town."

I said to myself.

The driver wheel up faster and few minute later we landed at Oshodi and I manage to find another vehicle heading to Festac in the midst of the crowd waiting to board a vehicle to their various destination.

Maryam was still buzzing in my head like those old days a high school boy falls in love for the first time and would sneak into bush track to do some crazy fantasies. And that was how my heart felt while in the vehicle going to Festac.

Suddenly, my eyes narrowed down to a Shade beside the road while the vehicle was about getting to the last point for all passengers.

I screwed through my phone and dialled Maryam's contact number just to inform her that I am at the Bus-stop but she didn't answer the calls. I stare randomly around me and the sight of the Shade where the woman was turning another sizes of gigantic meats inside the pot of soup kept calling me and yawning through my stomach to go over and have a taste.

Everything was like it was quite planned by the woman stirring the pot -- that each time my eyes moves to the direction, that would be when she is lifting another sizes of meat up for my eyeballs to catch a glimpse of its amazing bite.

I stood at the corner of the road waiting for Maryam to pick my calls, but deep inside my heart I have already eating the woman's meat one after another while she was stirring them inside the pot without her knowledge.

Nevertheless, I summoned courage and decided to walk into the wooden-made Food Joint after flinging one thought of me that advised me not to go. I was amazed when I saw the number of people eating in the poorly layed out Joint, designed for average class.

A young girl walked up to me immediately and requested for what I will want to be served. And I was pleased to order for 'Ewedu' soup and 'Amala' when I heard her mentioned it again after eating it at home the first day I came back, and was really pleased with the meal. Beside, with the size of the meat I saw, the worms in my stomach had already sworn to deal with it aggressively.

When she brought the food I was very happy seeing the same size of meat I admired now staring at me. I held it and planted my teeth for the first bite. I quickly remembered Maryam; she should be doing this with me. Well, I had no choice since she hasn't responded to my calls and text.

I grabbed more meats from the plate and ordered for more rounds of 'Amala'. Happily I grinded my jaws, masticating the bones of the catfish pepper soup I ordered later.

When I was done serving it down my stomach, I summarised with an energy drink when I can't find a soft drink in the shop. And for the first time, I felt my stomach was adding in size and weight.

I belched loudly and felt that could be disgusting to anyone around. Watching the environ slightly, I stood up to walk away but my stomach was too heavy to allow me take the first step, so I sat back and fixed my hands into my pocket to bring out my wallet and paid for the food.

Continue reading �

https://storybloggerz.com/a-day-in-the-streets-of-lagos-short-story/

(1) (Reply)

Man Eater — A True Life Horror Story / Testing Tinz / How To Setup A Microjob/freelance Website Like Fiverr Using Wordpress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.