Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,583 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours (29575 Views)

Senate Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of Results To 3 Years / National Open University Of Nigeria 2011/2012 / Yabatech 2011/2012 Admission List Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by obiscolly(m): 11:47am On Aug 11, 2011
The West African Examination Council has finally announced the release of the 2011 WAEC results in 24 hours. Candidates are expected to log on to their site www.waecdirect.org by tomorrow, the 12th of August to check their results.

Good luck to y'all!
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by secretaryabdul(m): 1:55am On Aug 12, 2011
thanx for sharing,
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by rukkysmile: 2:15am On Aug 12, 2011
heard about 1,000,000 candidate failed WAEC,and only 31 per cent made five credits including English Language and Mathematics, My sympathies
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by Abayomin70(m): 3:58am On Aug 12, 2011
i wish all d candidate goodluck and i pray they use it to gain admission in time.and am usin to tell all nairaland today dat d oou post utme form is closin today. NEXT PERSON
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by swasy: 4:06am On Aug 12, 2011
i ave checked my waec result and i made it with destinctions.
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by latogng: 5:11am On Aug 12, 2011
ℓ̊ doubt, with this your 'destinctions'
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by Buzman: 5:13am On Aug 12, 2011
@Swasy. I had to look at e on my keyboard to see if it is anywhere close to i. Alas, not at all. Are you sure you made these "destinctions" yourself?
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by latogng: 5:18am On Aug 12, 2011
@swassy, swassy, oya tell us how much you paid 4  arrangee,
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by Nobody: 5:24am On Aug 12, 2011
Maybe he didn't make 'destinction' in English!
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by Saheed9: 5:34am On Aug 12, 2011
'Destinctions' indeed. I'm very sure he made 'dEstinction' in English lang
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by agitator: 7:33am On Aug 12, 2011
Saheed9:

'Destinctions' indeed. I'm very sure he made 'dEstinction' in English lang
abeg make una no sack me for work oh grin grin grin grin

see as i dey laff like mad man this early morning. everybody for office just dey wonder weda i don kolo. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by Serendipity: 8:05am On Aug 12, 2011
After all these white papers, calling of answers to the students, high malpractices and what have you, it yet brought a dismal picture.
Methinks this year's exam was flunked not largely by the students but their teachers and mercenaries. Because, if most of the exams answers were written by the teachers and mercenaries, it then means that they must have written gibberish as evidenced by the colossal failure.
One at the cyber cafe the other day was praising himself and luxuriating in the fact that he wrote the whole thing immediately and circulated it in the hall.
I dare even say, that the slight improvement might have been occasioned by WAEC's leniency in marking or the hue and cry about the derelict state of our Education Sector.
Very rueful,
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by Serendipity: 8:08am On Aug 12, 2011
Technology itself came with distractions
2go, facebook etc.
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by Contumely: 8:24am On Aug 12, 2011
When we were in high school, we were relatively mature at least in age. We held our views, could say NO/YES and stood by it.
We were disciplined, could differentiate between needs and wants. We placed our priorities right.
We were somewhat enthusiastic and seriously serious with worthwhile and gainful undertakings.
But today, reverse is the case. What do we have then?
We have students that loathe hard work. Pupils that can't delay gratifications, students that their parents want them to graduate as medical doctors at 21. Students so immature in reasoning and thinking to enable them have a better grasp of their discipline. Continued below,
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by WebSurfer(m): 8:40am On Aug 12, 2011
no be him fault, he get igbo tongue. destinction indeed
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by Contumely: 9:18am On Aug 12, 2011
Continuation of the above:
As regards students being immature in age, we have EXCEPTIONS, eg. Socrates, even somebody like Reuben Abati of GEJ graduated with a First Class at age 20.
But these exceptions are infinitesimal.
The above nothwithstanding, we are taking the case under normal circumstances.
Last time in JAMB exams, a question was asked in Government thus:
'Nigeria practised which system of government in the second republic?
Now tell me how an average fifteen year old would know what a second republic of Nigeria was, which and which year were taken as second republic, let alone deciphering the system of government that was practised, whether unitary, parliamentary, presidential etc.
So, you see that maturity in age is needed by an average student to provide an answer to a technical question like the above.
In other words, if you present a question like the above to 100 students with age range of 15 to17 and 18 to 20. I wager that the greater percentage that would get it correctly would be from the latter group.
Or tell me the kind of philosophy you want to teach an 'average' sixteen year old in the university
What do you think?
The other day, I visited one tutorial centre. To my utter dismay the guy was telling them, (not a slip of tongue) that the population of Nigeria was 6 million. They were all listening with rapt attention whereas every farmer in the village would refute it when taught such rubbish as lecture, because being mature the farmer would know that the population of a state like Lagos is far more than 6 million. How would they know? These were students that were preparing for this just released WAEC exams. I was gobsmacked and couldn't restrain myself from intervening politely.
Finally, I am not trying to discount the various factors that could be attributed as the cause of this anomaly as immaturity in age, but all I am advocating is that students are now more immature in age as used to be the case hence their inability to discipline themselves, place their priorities right and have a sound grasp of what they are being taught.
Thanks for your attentiveness.
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by Peromnia: 9:34am On Aug 12, 2011
Contumely:

Continuation of the above:
As regards students being immature in age, we have EXCEPTIONS, eg. Socrates, even somebody like Reuben Abati of GEJ graduated with a First Class at age 20.
But these exceptions are infinitesimal.
The above nothwithstanding, we are taking the case under normal circumstances.
Last time in JAMB exams, a question was asked in Government thus:
'Nigeria practised which system of government in the second republic?
Now tell me how an average fifteen year old would know what a second republic of Nigeria was, which and which year were taken as second republic, let alone deciphering the system of government that was practised, whether unitary, parliamentary, presidential etc.
So, you see that maturity in age is needed by an average student to provide an answer to a technical question like the above.
In other words, if you present a question like the above to 100 students with age range of 15 to17 and 18 to 20. I wager that the greater percentage that would get it correctly would be from the latter group.
Or tell me the kind of philosophy you want to teach an 'average' sixteen year old in the university
What do you think?
The other day, I visited one tutorial centre. To my utter dismay the guy was telling them, (not a slip of tongue) that the population of Nigeria was 6 million. They were all listening with rapt attention whereas every farmer in the village would refute it when taught such rubbish as lecture, because being mature the farmer would know that the population of a state like Lagos is far more than 6 million. How would they know? These were students that were preparing for this just released WAEC exams. I was gobsmacked and couldn't restrain myself from intervening politely.
Finally, I am not trying to discount the various factors that could be attributed as the cause of this anomaly as immaturity in age, but all I am advocating is that students are now more immature in age as used to be the case hence their inability to discipline themselves, place their priorities right and have a sound grasp of what they are being taught.
Thanks for your attentiveness.

Seconded.
A teacher last time at where my little sis attended lessons was teling those over pampered kids the diff btw Federal and Confederal systems of govt and they were just mopping at him. When he asked questions, their face showed that notin was understood.
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by Ojumiii(m): 9:37am On Aug 12, 2011
sorry stage of our educational sector
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 12, 2011
Peromnia:

Seconded.
A teacher last time at where my little sis attended lessons was teling those over pampered kids the diff btw Federal and Confederal systems of govt and they were just mopping at him. When he asked questions, their face showed that notin was understood.
tongue before nko?
Which one works in Nigeria?
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by agitator: 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2011
Serendipity:

After all these white papers, calling of answers to the students, high malpractices and what have you, it yet brought a dismal picture.
Methinks this year's exam was flunked not largely by the students but their teachers and mercenaries. Because, if most of the exams answers were written by the teachers and mercenaries, it then means that they must have written gibberish as evidenced by the colossal failure.
One at the cyber cafe the other day was praising himself and luxuriating in the fact that he wrote the whole thing immediately and circulated it in the hall.
I dare even say, that the slight improvement might have been occasioned by WAEC's leniency in marking or the hue and cry about the derelict state of our Education Sector.
Very rueful,

Which teachers are you referring to? The ones whose gained admission into the University/College of Education through runs? or the ones who took up teaching as the only option available to keep body and soul together?
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by ariy(m): 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2011
SUN NEWSPAPER today confirmed that ONE million candidates failed SSCE, Y wont dey fail?FB, BB, Lace wig, BBA, Wizkid, Oniru, Galleria, Elegushi, Ozone, Shawarma,Pizza, Brazilian Hair. 2goTwitter. Pre-Marital-Sex & OscamborisM,Sagging nd nimbuzz Add ur own A̶̲̥̅̊₪D̶̲̥̅̊ broadcast so they will learn, help our future
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by rukkysmile: 2:08pm On Aug 12, 2011
@ariy i agree wit u they don't read nowadays na! A̶̲̥̅̊ℓℓ they D̶̲̥̅̊Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ is try to have swag and fashion trends, Book is option E for them so good for them and a good call for our nation to reposition our value system.
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by Ralphzobia(m): 5:46pm On Aug 12, 2011
Wishing all success!!!
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by Xtfield(m): 8:44pm On Aug 12, 2011
There are schools where examination malpractice is not seen, heard or touched and yet students are doing very well. You know them by the number of candidates they register (more often than not fewer than 50). My school is one of such and to the glory of God, we recorded 97% pass (29 out of 30 candidates) had 5 credits (English and Maths inclusive.

Besides, students who go through schools where exam malpractice is abhorred often excelled in higher institutions and we have had so many of them with 1st class and 2nd Class Upper.
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by Xtfield(m): 8:55pm On Aug 12, 2011
Check the details below. I have to remove the names of the candidates since I do not have their permission to put their result here

Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by guente02(m): 9:02pm On Aug 12, 2011
Thank God my lil' Sis made it
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by Ukavwe: 11:53pm On Aug 12, 2011
We are all saying in our days, in our day it was even worse,because the student of yesterday are the teacher of today,so don't give us that,they failed because of so many reason too numerous to mention full, stop.
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by Donmic1(m): 8:40am On Aug 13, 2011
d waec shld b fast abt it bcoz d post ume forms r out frm dif institutions so dat d candidates wil use d information 2 fil their forms,so dat it wounldn,t b a disapiontment usin awaitin result.
Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by teeboy73: 6:20pm On Aug 13, 2011
The format to check the exam via SMS is

WAEC*ExaminationNumber*ScratchCardPIN*YearOfExam

E.g

WAEC*12345678*3er545t5*2011

Re: May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours by nazzyluv(f): 11:40am On Aug 14, 2011
whether facebook oooo,,,twitter or 2go name them all anybody that wants to read will read and he who wants tto fails always,,,,,talking about age,,well i think it should be the younger the better,,das 4 me oooo,,,,,,help me thank GOD i made nine distinction,,no credit

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Kill & Bury Uniben Student Unjustly / What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? / Nnewi Inches Towards Becoming The New African Tech Hub (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.