Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,351 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Can Solar Panel Tap Energy From Fire? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Can Solar Panel Tap Energy From Fire? (1386 Views)

This Backpack Harvests Wasted Energy From Human Movement (Pix) / Beebee Jump Solar Panel, Battery And Inverter. / Meet The First Iphone X Tesla With Solar Panel Worth Of $4,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Solar Panel Tap Energy From Fire? by IntelChief: 8:19am On Sep 14, 2022
We are all aware of how naturally talented NEPA people are in distributing NEPA bills than in either supplying power or fixing faulty transformers.

The transformer in my neighborhood had been in bad shape for awhile now due to the combined efforts of bad rainy weather and good-for-nothing transformer vandals.

As a result, I have resorted to charging my phone using one of those small mobile solar panel chargers. But the thing is as slow in charging my phone as a snail; that's because we hardly get enough sunlight these days in my place (no thanks to aforementioned bad rainy weather)

So I was wondering this morning if the solar panel can extract energy from fire light as it does from sunlight. I really wouldn't mind exposing it to fire from my gas cooker so I can power my poor dying phone. But am kind of scared conducting that experiment; because I read here on Nairaland some days back about how a woman's phone somewhere in India exploded and blew her brains out.

Engineers in the house I need your counsel before this phone shutdown.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Can Solar Panel Tap Energy From Fire? by aieromon(m): 8:57am On Sep 14, 2022
IntelChief:

So I was wondering this morning if the solar panel can extract energy from fire light as it does from sunlight.

NO

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Solar Panel Tap Energy From Fire? by lexrichy(m): 10:59am On Sep 14, 2022
People are really suffering in Nigeria sha.

10 Likes

Re: Can Solar Panel Tap Energy From Fire? by mummyson26(m): 12:28pm On Sep 14, 2022
IntelChief:
We are all aware of how naturally talented NEPA people are in distributing NEPA bills than in either supplying power or fixing faulty transformers.

The transformer in my neighborhood had been in bad shape for awhile now due to the combined efforts of bad rainy weather and good-for-nothing transformer vandals.

As a result, I have resorted to charging my phone using one of those small mobile solar panel chargers. But the thing is as slow in charging my phone as a snail; that's because we hardly get enough sunlight these days in my place (no thanks to aforementioned bad rainy weather)

So I was wondering this morning if the solar panel can extract energy from fire light as it does from sunlight. I really wouldn't mind exposing it to fire from my gas cooker so I can power my poor dying phone. But am kind of scared conducting that experiment; because I read here on Nairaland some days back about how a woman's phone somewhere in India exploded and blew her brains out.

Thanks
Lol. Omo no use laugh kill me here oo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Solar Panel Tap Energy From Fire? by zyphr(m): 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2022
grin grin Albeit sad, this cracked me up real good. Why not take your phone to commercial phone charging centres where you'll pay only 50 naira considering that it will be more expensive to burn your gas in the name of wanting to charge it?
If you live in a place where electricity is poor, try investing in original high capacity power banks of 30k mAh and above. One full charge will juice your phone for a whole week. Trust me, you'll be more at peace and will experience less worry associated with unstable power supply.

2 Likes

Re: Can Solar Panel Tap Energy From Fire? by Osasnidas(m): 3:35pm On Sep 14, 2022
Just buy power bank.

1 Like

Re: Can Solar Panel Tap Energy From Fire? by bularuz(m): 5:06pm On Sep 14, 2022
Fire panel grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Solar Panel Tap Energy From Fire? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 14, 2022
Yes!
Get a soda can and make a vertical cut on the side
Open the cut into "flips" kinda like wings, which will serve as a reflector of the light from the candle
Place a candle on the inside of the soda can
Position the solar panel in front of the soda can
It'll charge!!!

1 Like

Re: Can Solar Panel Tap Energy From Fire? by iHateFraudsters: 6:24pm On Sep 14, 2022
Not really.

Though it's a very good question.

The UV rays is what the solar needs, not the heat from the sun.

Your guess is as good as mine about fire not having that quantity of UV radiation.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Solar Panel Tap Energy From Fire? by Goziesolar: 6:38pm On Sep 14, 2022
Yes, it can also extract energy from bomb explosions

2 Likes

Re: Can Solar Panel Tap Energy From Fire? by Baronthecelebri: 8:45pm On Sep 14, 2022
This is why we have University, to do research so that life will be easy for the common man. But see nothing to show, op find University graduate ask that question. grin

1 Like

Re: Can Solar Panel Tap Energy From Fire? by KingAzubuike(f): 9:11pm On Sep 14, 2022
UzumakiItachi:
Yes!
Get a soda can and make a vertical cut on the side
Open the cut into "flips" kinda like wings, which will serve as a reflector of the light from the candle
Place a candle on the inside of the soda can
Position the solar panel in front of the soda can
It'll charge!!!
All the yeye lifehacks

1 Like

Re: Can Solar Panel Tap Energy From Fire? by Isokoboy(m): 9:12pm On Sep 14, 2022
Solar panels can't use ultraviolet or infrared light to charge solar panels. While fire does emit light, most of the light radiation from a fire is infrared, which is heat and does not provide what a solar panel needs to create electricity

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Solar Panel Tap Energy From Fire? by falcon01: 9:14pm On Sep 14, 2022
Osasnidas:
Just buy power bank.
and charge it with what?

1 Like

Re: Can Solar Panel Tap Energy From Fire? by Elliotwaveforec: 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2022
I dey enjoy my own wella the small panel charges my phone and supplies me with lighting. Make NEPA park for one side.

1 Like

Re: Can Solar Panel Tap Energy From Fire? by Stanweezy(m): 6:23am On Sep 15, 2022
Why not increase the number of panels than wasting your gas

3 Likes

Re: Can Solar Panel Tap Energy From Fire? by Khalbrobo: 9:09am On Sep 15, 2022
grin this is just hilarious. Fire charger . pls don't tell me you are using infinix hot something.

2 Likes

Re: Can Solar Panel Tap Energy From Fire? by Unbiased1: 1:40pm On Sep 15, 2022
IntelChief:

Thanks

looool.

You will just damage the solar panel. The light energy from fire is similar to the light energy from an incandescent bulb which is very low and not enough to enable the solar panel produce any reasonable amount of electricity. The heat from the fire will also damage the panel.

1 Like

Re: Can Solar Panel Tap Energy From Fire? by majatech(m): 9:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
Very possible, last year,when we no get light,I carry my papa solar panel to one bakery wey dey down our street. I been first put am against the outside wall of the oven,but it more time to go from 2% to 5%,so I kuku put it inside the fire gangan, it was ferry vast,but when it was 97% to full charge, the connecting cord exploded due to thermo-kinetic electron ovulation.
I case my rest.
Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Where Do I Download Nigeria Ringtone On My Nece313 / Help! Any Ideas About Anything On Psp; Applications, Upgrading,games,e.t.c / Blackberry Service Crash Affects Bbm Messaging For Millions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.