Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... (1097 Views)

Yahaya Bello, Denies Dumping Tinubu, Says His Support For Tinubu Is Unwavering / 2023: Peter Obi’s Group Mocks Atiku, Calls Him A "Seventh Time Aspirant" / Osun 2018: Gani Adams Decalre Support For APC candidate For "Yoruba Interest" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 14, 2022
A socio-cultural group, the Yoruba Welfare Group (YWG), has lambasted Afenifere for dumping All Progressive Congress presidential candidate Asiwaju Bola Tinubu for Peter Obi of the Labour Party in the 2023 election.

The group said Afenifere is not protecting the interest of the Yoruba nation by endorsing Obi, a non-Yoruba candidate.

The President of YWG, Comrade Abdulhakeem Alawuje, said the group was disturbed by Afenifere’s action in urging its members to support another candidate.

Recall that Afenifere had endorsed the former Anambra State governor, Obi while supporting a power shift to the South East/

Afenifere leader, Pa. Ayo Adebanjo, said he’s supporting Obi based on “equity, fairness and justice.”

YWG, however, in a statement, insisted that Tinubu is the Yoruba nominee for Nigeria’s president in 2023.

The statement read, “Afenifere is neither serving nor protecting the interests and rights of the Yoruba” by asking its members to dump the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, who is a Yoruba man.

said, “We want to sound it loud and clear that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is neither a tribal bigot nor a Yoruba presidential aspirant but a Yoruba nominee for Nigeria’s president in 2023.

2 Shares

Re: You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... by PresidObi: 11:18am On Sep 14, 2022
Tribalism has killed Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... by Nwodosis(m): 11:19am On Sep 14, 2022
grin Is this different from the tweet that Obi read from Tinubu's group and they denied it?

9 Likes

Re: You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... by OBALOLA55(m): 11:21am On Sep 14, 2022
DAMN! THESE PEOPLE ARE IRREDEEMABLE

TUEH

3 Likes

Re: You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... by Corridon: 11:21am On Sep 14, 2022
Afenifere is a sane group.

6 Likes

Re: You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... by securitywatch50: 11:28am On Sep 14, 2022
Obi is a national project
So follow the moving train.

4 Likes

Re: You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... by pinkPUSSY(f): 11:28am On Sep 14, 2022
NORTHERNERS SHOULD BEGIN TO PROTECT THEIR INTEREST TOO BY NOT ABANDONING THEIR OWN SONS AS WELL..NO MATTER HOW TINUBU RUN AND BEG FOR NORTHERN SUPPORT DESPITE NORTHERNERS USING HIM TO SWEEP GROUND, DEM NO GO SUPPORT AM SINCE ITS ALL ABOUT TRIBE

2 Likes

Re: You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... by Felimax(m): 11:30am On Sep 14, 2022
Nwodosis:
grin Is this different from the tweet that Obi read from Tinubu group and they denied it?

Oga what was the tweet Obi read?
Bring it here let us pieces it.

When you think some people are learned.

Oga, bring the tweet and quote me.
I am not supporting Tinubu but at least we should be civil. Obi disgraced himself and went below par the moment he resisted the reader from mentioning the owner of the tweet.
Re: You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... by Totilopussylick(m): 11:31am On Sep 14, 2022
The only way to solve Nigeria problem is to separate tongue

3 Likes

Re: You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... by ChangetheChange: 11:32am On Sep 14, 2022
grin grin grin
It is not easy defending Tinubu without looking and sounding foolish

2 Likes

Re: You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... by MasterJayJay: 11:36am On Sep 14, 2022
Felimax:

I am not supporting Tinubu but at least we should be civil. Obi disgraced himself and went below par the moment he resisted the reader from mentioning the owner of the tweet.

You are not supporting Tinubu but you want to be civil?

Labour in vain till death is being civil?

Obituary of Peter Obi published on Tinubu's newspaper is being civil?

Why is Tinubu obsessed with death and obituary?

5 Likes

Re: You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... by slivertongue: 11:39am On Sep 14, 2022
“Afenifere is neither serving nor protecting the interests and rights of the Yoruba” by asking its members to dump the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, who is a Yoruba man.
Re: You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... by AdamuKD: 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2022
angry grin
Backfire
And I told you this thing yesterday
We go soon treat una fvck up
Sha na tribalism, una go cry next year

2 Likes

Re: You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... by mii4u(f): 12:33pm On Sep 14, 2022
But they want igbos to vote for Tinubu to the extent that dey are even threatening to invoke their deities. Nonsense and ingredients.

2 Likes

Re: You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... by Honjoshy4u: 12:37pm On Sep 14, 2022
The group should getat.
It was Tinubu that went to Ogun to say it is yoruba turn and 'e mi lo kan'
That statement has made him a tribal bigot.
Say NO to muslim-muslim devilish ticket

2 Likes

Re: You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... by floret23(f): 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2022
I am a yoruba christian from Osun State. How will Tinubu's presidency help me? How is Buhari's presidency helping Bornu or Zamfara? It is clear the only card Tinubu have left is tribal card but it will never work.

I'm voting Peter Obi that promised productivity because I don't want to join army. Joining army in Nigeria is like committing suicide.

3 Likes

Re: You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... by LadyExcellency: 12:55pm On Sep 14, 2022
Felimax:

You are pure hypocrite.

What Peter Obi said has been peddled by BATist since August 1st, a month plus before Peter said it.

Read the tweet below.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EriobuEmmanuel/status/1569323907445817347

Re: You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... by Patriotsleague: 1:00pm On Sep 14, 2022
Why is the old man being so naive, papa don't be a sell out.
Re: You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... by Felimax(m): 2:31pm On Sep 14, 2022
LadyExcellency:

You are pure hypocrite.

What Peter Obi said has been peddled by BATist since August 1st, a month plus before Peter said it.

Read the tweet below.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EriobuEmmanuel/status/1569323907445817347

How you generalized it and stereotype the people is my issue with you guys. Your thinking facilities is so empty. Oga, Lagos is the smallest state in the entire country and in the West it is still the smallest.

The group says somebody is not projecting the Yoruba interest you suddenly bring in Lagos Seaport into the Issue. It is because of you people that is why the Seaports we have in the South South are still not working. How you guys think everyone will claim ignorance of your utterances still beats my imagination.

Take it from me now. You will not be allowed to infiltrate the South South. If you are facing Tinubu face him and leave propaganda alone.

The world is watching!
We are watching!
Re: You’re Not Protecting Yoruba Interest By Dumping Tinubu For Obi, Group Blasts... by TheNiceGuy(m): 2:34pm On Sep 14, 2022
This is nothing.

They were not even threat to be killed or banished just as cannibals did

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Shouldn't Waste Votes On Peter Obi, He Has No Structure To Win 2023 Presid / Pat Utomi Following Asiwaju And Enjoying His Dance Moves. Video. / UK, US Citizens Seen Flying Out Of Nigeria Following Terror Alert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.