Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Help: I Want To Improve My Photography Skills - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Help: I Want To Improve My Photography Skills (954 Views)

My Photography Portfolio / Pictures Of My Photography Work / About My Photography Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: I Want To Improve My Photography Skills by Cmanforall: 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2022
Hello NLders,
I have always had passion in photography even as a child. I wish to improve my skills in taking great shots, including portraits and nature.
I have a high quality DSLR camera with 15-55mm lens.
I need guidance on how to improve my skills with this camera and editing of the photos.

Any recommendations?
Resources?

I will appreciate all your responses.
I also believe other NLders interested in photography shall benefit from this thread.

Lalasticlala Mynd44 you can also help.
Thank you
Re: Help: I Want To Improve My Photography Skills by Cmanforall: 1:30pm On Sep 14, 2022
Photo Pros, try comment
Re: Help: I Want To Improve My Photography Skills by Cmanforall: 7:33pm On Sep 16, 2022
Someone should give some tips
Re: Help: I Want To Improve My Photography Skills by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2022
I’m just planning to get a camera
I’ll like to get some tips from you

1 Like

Re: Help: I Want To Improve My Photography Skills by SimplePlan34: 8:50pm On Sep 24, 2022
Go to YouTube

1 Like

Re: Help: I Want To Improve My Photography Skills by emmycool44: 9:07pm On Sep 24, 2022
I have an online photography class
Re: Help: I Want To Improve My Photography Skills by emmycool44: 9:26pm On Sep 24, 2022
Cmanforall:
Hello NLders,
I have always had passion in photography even as a child. I wish to improve my skills in taking great shots, including portraits and nature.
I have a high quality DSLR camera with 15-55mm lens.
I need guidance on how to improve my skills with this camera and editing of the photos.

Any recommendations?
Resources?

I will appreciate all your responses.
I also believe other NLders interested in photography shall benefit from this thread.

Lalasticlala Mynd44 you can also help.
Thank you

The most important thing about photography is the photographer first. You must first be good in your mind before u can create magic with your camera and photoshop.
Knowing how to use photoshop is one thing
Knowing what to do with photoshop is another

1 Like

Re: Help: I Want To Improve My Photography Skills by Cmanforall: 10:27pm On Sep 24, 2022
emmycool44:

The most important thing about photography is the photographer first. You must first be good in your mind before u can create magic with your camera and photoshop.
Thank you for this.

I have already acquired a high quality camera (quite expensive). And from what I read about the camera, it can do many things, but I would like to know how to take some quality photos before moving on to editing.

And must I do editing with photoshop? I have not subscribed for it yet. I'd like to know other editing softwares that may be free for a start, before moving to photoshop.
Re: Help: I Want To Improve My Photography Skills by Cmanforall: 10:29pm On Sep 24, 2022
Haryoife:
I’m just planning to get a camera
I’ll like to get some tips from you
Do want tip on hetting a camera?

Note, this depends on your budget.

How much are you willing to spend?
Re: Help: I Want To Improve My Photography Skills by Cmanforall: 10:37pm On Sep 24, 2022
emmycool44:

I also try going for occasions with my camera. Though as a guest, I capture the celebrants and other guests amd forward to them send later ( without editing though).

On one occasion, one of the hired professional photographers' assistant (the guy responsible for the lightening) saw me taking shots and asked me to give way, mocking my camera. I smiled. But his boss (photographer) turned and was quite shocked - saying that's even better than theirs.
Re: Help: I Want To Improve My Photography Skills by Cmanforall: 10:39pm On Sep 24, 2022
emmycool44:
I have an online photography class

Can you share few tips here?
Re: Help: I Want To Improve My Photography Skills by Joseph1505(m): 9:09am On Sep 25, 2022
It's recommended that if you want to sell your skills as a photographer and editor you get a Copywriting coach.
I can assist anyone willing to learn
Re: Help: I Want To Improve My Photography Skills by emmycool44: 12:47pm On Sep 25, 2022
Cmanforall:

Thank you for this.

I have already acquired a high quality camera (quite expensive). And from what I read about the camera, it can do many things, but I would like to know how to take some quality photos before moving on to editing.

And must I do editing with photoshop? I have not subscribed for it yet. I'd like to know other editing softwares that may be free for a start, before moving to photoshop.
Photoshop is free you don’t need to subscribe
09045114233 mssg me on WhatsApp
Re: Help: I Want To Improve My Photography Skills by Cmanforall: 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2022
Joseph1505:
It's recommended that if you want to sell your skills as a photographer and editor you get a Copywriting coach.
I can assist anyone willing to learn
To learn about copyrights or photography/editing?
Re: Help: I Want To Improve My Photography Skills by emmycool44: 11:48am On Sep 26, 2022
Cmanforall:

Thank you for this.

Re: Help: I Want To Improve My Photography Skills by philo04(m): 11:42pm On Sep 26, 2022
09150936834 chat me on WhatsApp
Re: Help: I Want To Improve My Photography Skills by Joseph1505(m): 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2022
Cmanforall:

To learn about copyrights or photography/editing?
Yes sir, very important it will help you get much clients.
Do you know how to send email proposals?
Re: Help: I Want To Improve My Photography Skills by Cmanforall: 7:58pm On Oct 03, 2022
Joseph1505:

Yes sir, very important it will help you get much clients.
Do you know how to send email proposals?
Ok, so copyright and not photography.
But I want to learn photography first.

Why do I need proposals?

(1) (Reply)

Graphics Design @ A Cheap Price / ::: You Should Read ..... For Your Own Good. / E-christmas Card Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.