Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,315 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre (11603 Views)

NYPF Boss Extolls Queen Elizabeth, Says Her Legacies Will Remain For A Lifetime / Thugs Cart Away With Boxes In Ikwerre LGA Rivers State - Photos / Buhari Replies PDP On Plans To Impeach Saraki While In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by marvinsync(m): 8:08pm On Sep 14, 2022
Good news for my Igbo brothers

1 Like

Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by Merelyn(f): 8:09pm On Sep 14, 2022
Yes plzzz

Are you from Isiokpo? [/quote]
Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by dibjay: 8:10pm On Sep 14, 2022
The university will it be affordable to all I prefer an industry to that thing
Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by frog12: 8:22pm On Sep 14, 2022
dem wan do this, do dat. hahahah

do this people know what it means to build a world class university
Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by XerXerz: 8:25pm On Sep 14, 2022
XerXers:

Nwa Igwe actually. These ikwerre write in their dialect and use it to claim a different ethnicity. Many communities in Enugu pronounce as Wigwe too, but they write in standardized version

Enugu state people don't speak their actual dialect because of inferiority complex, so they borrowed Anambra dialect to be able to speak decent igbo dialect of Anambra origin.
Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by Okoroawusa: 8:42pm On Sep 14, 2022
So he is from Isiokpo?

No wonder him head be like new pikin wey dem no do mmili oku for head well well.

grin

1 Like

Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by techWriter3: 9:11pm On Sep 14, 2022
We necessity sectors
Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by MadarasBlade(m): 9:29pm On Sep 14, 2022
XerXerz:

Enugu state people don't speak their actual dialect because of inferiority complex, so they borrowed Anambra dialect to be able to speak decent igbo dialect of Anambra origin.

I am from Anambra, but don't say rubbish against our brothers, Enugu.

1 Like

Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by MadarasBlade(m): 9:31pm On Sep 14, 2022
Okoroawusa:
So he is from Isiokpo?

No wonder him head be like new pikin wey dem no do mmili oku for head well well.

grin

There's an isiokpo cummunity in ideato north of the current imo state, it's so funny that we have shared values.
Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by Vikalinda(m): 9:45pm On Sep 14, 2022
Thanks to Dr wigwe we salute you.
God bless isiokpo, ibaa and obelle.

1 Like

Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by Ajebochef: 10:14pm On Sep 14, 2022
kamsi_jeff.
For your information Ikwerre is not Igbo, has never been Igbo and will never be Igbo. We don't share any common ancestors with the Igbos. Our forefather remains Akalaka the great and our closest relatives remains the Ahoada and Ogba people. Please get your facts right. You can't tell others their history when you can't even tell your own history. For avoidance of doubts the Name Wike means New Child in Ikwerre not "Strong Child " as you have quoted. So before you proceed with making irrelevant comments on Ikwerre people try to visit Port Harcourt and hear from the locals themselves. Igbo people needs to stop annexing Ikwerre people. We are not an appendage of the Igbos. We stand tall and strong on our own. Argue with your useless IPOB Amadioha...
Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by Perfectbeing(m): 10:18pm On Sep 14, 2022
If only all these people building Private universities invest that money on public universities, Nigerian public universities for done improve.
Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by FreeStuffsNG: 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2022
Merelyn:
Herbert bought massive hectares of land in Isiokpo.... No farm land for them next year
And he's still buying more.
It's a welcome development to my community and Ikwerre at large.
Kudos to him
To build a university singlehandedly? Hmmm.
Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by jamesversion: 11:14pm On Sep 14, 2022
XerXerz:

Vawulence. grin
Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by jamesversion: 11:17pm On Sep 14, 2022
Ajebochef:
kamsi_jeff.
For your information Ikwerre is not Igbo, has never been Igbo and will never be Igbo. We don't share any common ancestors with the Igbos. Our forefather remains Akalaka the great and our closest relatives remains the Ahoada and Ogba people. Please get your facts right. You can't tell others their history when you can't even tell your own history. For avoidance of doubts the Name Wike means New Child in Ikwerre not "Strong Child " as you have quoted. So before you proceed with making irrelevant comments on Ikwerre people try to visit Port Harcourt and hear from the locals themselves. Igbo people needs to stop annexing Ikwerre people. We are not an appendage of the Igbos. We stand tall and strong on our own. Argue with your useless IPOB Amadioha...

New child in Ikwerre should be Nwo Uke. My both Parents are Ikwerre.

2 Likes

Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by brandsoncharlie: 12:04am On Sep 15, 2022
jamesversion:

You’re correct

1 Like

Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by sageb: 4:58am On Sep 15, 2022
Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by bibe(m): 5:17am On Sep 15, 2022
franchasofficia:
In core Igbo dialect its called; Nwigwe or Nwaigwe meaning "the child of the king" but in Ikwerre dialect which is kind of pidgin Igbo just as we have pidgin English, they always remove "w" in "nw" pronunciation in Igbo.

Same happened to Wike which is Nwike or Nwaike in Igbo dialect meaning "strong child".

The war and the pre-civil war events made Igbo speaking regions outside Southeast to denounce their ancestral origin which can be traced to the Igbos, and its understandable for a people that lost a crucial civil war.

Even Jews scattered all over the world too because of conflict in their homeland.

Igwe can mean multiple things depending on the pronunciation eg
Igwe-Iron(metal)
Igwe-heavens
Igwe-gathering of people
Igwe-king

If that's how they choose to spell it, leave it for them that way. It's still right.
Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by chrisxxx(m): 5:49am On Sep 15, 2022
Ajebochef:
kamsi_jeff.
Don't mind the stupid people. They want people to look down on. The Ebonyi people that claim to be Igbos they look down on them. They want people to be called second class. Ikwerre people from the word go have always seen themselves as pure breed. Igbos are considered as slaves and no wonder Ikwerres call them Isuoma. How can the slaves of our forefathers because they have got numbers try to annex free Borns? All over the world contagious people speak similar language but different people. This includes Norway and Sweden including Denmark and Finland, Malaysia and Indonesia, Poland and Ukraine, Spain and Portugal, Urhobo and Isoko amongst others. Ikwerre before the war had Ogbakor Ikwerre and didn't join Ohaneze. They proclaimed that they are distinct ethnic group in Rumuomasi Declaration in 1965 when there was no offing of the war occuring. Igbos are our slaves and remain so. If igbos claim we speak their language let them come up with the igbos word for 'Yes'. Ikwerre says Owe for Yes. What is Igbo word for Yes?

1 Like

Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by Ajebochef: 5:52am On Sep 15, 2022
"New child in Ikwerre should be Nwo Uke. My both Parents are Ikwerre."
I still don't understand what part of Ikwerre you come from. If you are the Evo and Apara speaking part of Ikwerre then you will not even join the argument. You should by now know that Ikwerre has different dialects. So an Igbo man who doesn't understand that Ikwerre has many other dialects shouldn't come and school an Ikwerre man on his own Language. If you do transliteration of what you have written Nwo Uke or Nwo Ike or Wike would mean Child New. Well let me not get into all this drama. The point clearly remains Ikwerre is not Igbo and will never be Igbo and has never been Igbo. An Iwhuruoha man remains an Iwhuruoha man not some Isoma man. Nde Kposhi
Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by jamesversion: 6:20am On Sep 15, 2022
Ajebochef:

"New child in Ikwerre should be Nwo Uke. My both Parents are Ikwerre."
I still don't understand what part of Ikwerre you come from. If you are the Evo and Apara speaking part of Ikwerre then you will not even join the argument. You should by now know that Ikwerre has different dialects. So an Igbo man who doesn't understand that Ikwerre has many other dialects shouldn't come and school an Ikwerre man on his own Language. If you do transliteration of what you have written Nwo Uke or Nwo Ike or Wike would mean Child New. Well let me not get into all this drama. The point clearly remains Ikwerre is not Igbo and will never be Igbo and has never been Igbo. An Iwhuruoha man remains an Iwhuruoha man not some Isoma man. Nde Kposhi

Ofcourse there are dialectal differences in Ikwerre. In Ibaa Nwo Uke is New Child. I believe same for Akpor. Maybe it's different in Evo and Apara.

Don't mind the Igbos. They are always looking for what to claim.
Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by Ajebochef: 6:25am On Sep 15, 2022
chrisxxx:

Don't mind the stupid people. They want people to look down on. The Ebonyi people that claim to be Igbos they look down on them. They want people to be called second class. Ikwerre people from the word go have always seen themselves as pure breed. Igbos are considered as slaves and no wonder Ikwerres call them Isuoma. How can the slaves of our forefathers because they have got numbers try to annex free Borns? All over the world contagious people speak similar language but different people. This includes Norway and Sweden including Denmark and Finland, Malaysia and Indonesia, Poland and Ukraine, Spain and Portugal, Urhobo and Isoko amongst others. Ikwerre before the war had Ogbakor Ikwerre and didn't join Ohaneze. They proclaimed that they are distinct ethnic group in Rumuomasi Declaration in 1965 when there was no offing of the war occuring. Igbos are our slaves and remain so. If igbos claim we speak their language let them come up with the igbos word for 'Yes'. Ikwerre says Owe for Yes. What is Igbo word for Yes?
Don't mind the idiots... Ikwerre people are not people suffering from wandering disease like the Igbos hence you can rarely find an Ikwerre man outside his territory. We remain Indigenous people that are comfortable with their space and resources. We are blessed and positioned by God. We own the greener pastures hence we are not a grazing tribe. There are Ikwerre people that are doing very well inside Port Harcourt and has no need to even step out to neighboring Akwa Ibom state. My advice to the Igbos "Make your towns and cities habitable and welcoming to other tribes and see the magic of development and transformation ". Stop trying to use your longthroat to drag Ikwerre people just because you see too much potentials in a tribe that only covers 4 Local government areas. For avoidance of doubt, I have nothing against the Igbos and they are wonderful people too but please make una concentrate for una own na... Ikwerre na Ikwerre no be Igbo, Ijaw, Efik or Ibibio. We have many other neighbors Okrika, Ogoni, Kalabari, Etche, etc and non of them have tried to claim our territory or tribe but the way Igbo man all the way from Abia State, Imo state, Anambra state etc is arguing that Ikwerre is Igbo will baffle a total stranger. As an Ikwerre man, I do not understand Igbo and several times I've had this argument "that Ikwerre is Igbo"; all I do is put my mom on the phone and we both speak our language and I keep the phone on speak out so my Igbo brethren can decode the conversation with my Mom and to the Glory of God never has any Igbo man agreed that they understand spoken Ikwerre. I understand that no language is complete on it's own. For instance Hausa word for female is Yariya and in Ikwerre it is Yeriya. Does it mean Ikwerre is Hausa because of similarities in spelling and meaning? The Kalabari's call lantern Tonjo and Ikwerre call it Tonji and there are many similar words Ikwerre and Kalabari share likewise Ikwerre and Igbos and Ikwerre and Etche it only means no language is ever complete. It is really okay to borrow lexicon where your own language cannot reach. Just as many English words today is borrowed from the Latin lexicon. #DropsMic. This should be the last time you guys should try to arm twist people that Igbos territory spans down to Pitakwa.

1 Like

Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by franchasofficia: 8:19am On Sep 15, 2022
bibe:

Igwe can mean multiple things depending on the pronunciation eg
Igwe-Iron(metal)
Igwe-heavens
Igwe-gathering of people
Igwe-king

If that's how they choose to spell it, leave it for them that way. It's still right.
Igwe alone can never mean gathering of people, it must be accompanied with 'mmadu' to form "igwe mmadu".

"igwe" for iron must also be used in a context to show the actual type of iron, igwe eji eme ego, igwe eji eti aki, igwe eji akpu uzù, etc.

"igwe" cannot also be used as heaven, it must be used like this; " elu igwé ".

In most cases the only time "igwe" can stand alone and make a full meaning is when it used to refer to 'the king'.

grin
Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by 27olatunbosun: 8:48am On Sep 15, 2022
Ikwerre Meka we.Ikwerre Meka we....
Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by bibe(m): 10:16am On Sep 15, 2022
franchasofficia:
Igwe alone can never mean gathering of people, it must be accompanied with 'mmadu' to form "igwe mmadu".

"igwe" for iron must also be used in a context to show the actual type of iron, igwe eji eme ego, igwe eji eti aki, igwe eji akpu uzù, etc.

"igwe" cannot also be used as heaven, it must be used like this; " elu igwé ".

In most cases the only time "igwe" can stand alone and make a full meaning is when it used to refer to 'the king'.

grin

Olisa bi na igwe (Good that resides in heaven)

Nye m igwe a (give me that iron)
Kedu ihe bu ihea, igwe (what is this, iron). It's even used sometimes in a conversation to signify dead end, igwe!

Igwe means gathering, if you add mmadu it becomes gathering of people, if you add aturu it becomes herd of sheep.

Dont suppose to know everything. If he chooses to express his name as wigwe, so be it. The meaning is still the same, you cannot dictate their dialect to them.

Daalu kwa.
Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by bibe(m): 10:17am On Sep 15, 2022
bibe:

Olisa bi na igwe (Good that resides in heaven)

Nye m igwe a (give me that iron)
Kedu ihe bu ihea, igwe (what is this, iron). It's even used sometimes in a conversation to signify dead end, igwe!

Igwe means gathering, if you add mmadu it becomes gathering of people, if you add aturu it becomes herd of sheep.

Dont suppose to know everything. If he chooses to express his name as wigwe, so be it. The meaning is still the same, you cannot dictate their dialect to them.

Daalu kwa.
Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by EdwardRandy(m): 2:51am On Sep 17, 2022
MadarasBlade:

There's an isiokpo cummunity in ideato north of the current imo state, it's so funny that we have shared values.
There's nothing strange or rather anything huge to be ‘happy’ about your SHARED VALUES with the isiokpo community in Rivers state because you guys are one people, just same way we have Ohaji-Egbema LGA in Imo state, while the other half is in Egbema-Ndoni LGA in Rivers State.

The Nigerian govt out of its hatred and intention to subjugate the Igbos after the war created all the artificial boundaries we see today. The worst part is that some fools will tell you that Igbos are not indigenous to the FAKE lexicon called south-south.
Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by EdwardRandy(m): 2:58am On Sep 17, 2022
Ajebochef:
kamsi_jeff.
1mbecile, I'm an Igbo man from Etche (Ikwerre) in rivers state and my first name is Chinedu. Our ex-governor Amaechi has publicly acknowledged his Igbohood in the national assembly. Both Amaechi and Wike speak igbo. So carry your mumu propaganda go one place, we know better.
Re: NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre by EdwardRandy(m): 3:01am On Sep 17, 2022
jamesversion:

Na you get time to educate that mumu. He's obviously not from rivers state, just wants to peddle propaganda against the Igbos in general.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Police Remodels Gender-Based Violence Centre. / Peter Obi: Presidency Job Requires Physical, Mental Energy / Pdp’ll Displace Oshiomhole – Anenih !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.