Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

A Tale Of Two Generators.: Personal review - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / A Tale Of Two Generators.: Personal review (880 Views)

Anyone With Personal Review Of Airtel Unlimited Smart Box? / My Personal Review Of The Weyon TV / New And Used Generators For Sale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tale Of Two Generators.: Personal review by nams77: 8:07pm On Sep 14, 2022
To begin, everything I'm sharing here is my experience and not some form of advertisement or endorsement of any product. Also kindly note that I'm no expert.

I decided to get two small generators ( 1.8KVA, heard the actual is 1.25kva).
One was a thermocool generator while the other was a lutian generator. I initially bought the Tec gen for my office but had to move it to my house to relieve the big sumec Firman which has served me faithfully for over 7 years without any problems- Just plugs and oil change.
Running ths big gen was putting a hole in my pocket ( fuel), and I needed something more frugal. I also got the lutian immediately after so I can replace the Tec that has now been deployed to my house.
Well, the Tec gen has been running every night without hitch and it's over 4 months.
The lutian? grin
The first challenge ( I won't call it problem) was that the lutian was shorting oils. Well, someone said because its the first time I filled it with oil and it is filling spaces in the engine ( maybe folks who are knowledgeable about this can ascertain if true).
Second thing I encountered was that the plug was covered with carbon and once I run the gen for a period of three days or so, it will refused to come on until I clean the spark plug.
The funny thing is I hardly use the gen. Sometimes, I can go a week or two without using the gen, yet him wahala pass the one I use everyday (Tec).
The latest thing I have observed is that the damned thing consumes more fuel and it even have a smaller tank. The gen is damned thirsty like an old man in a bar.
Well, my neighbor said I should sell it but I have no plans to. I am beginning to understand the gen and will cure it's craze gradually.
You might be wondering why lutian generator. Well, there was a local church I was attending then. The gen there was a lutian product and it was delivering fine. Also read some reviews here and they said it was fine but one or two persons mentioned the fuel issue
I am stuck with it now, But I have come to have a healthy respect for Tec generators

Last update.

The lutian gen is working perfectly fine now.
Re: A Tale Of Two Generators.: Personal review by nams77: 8:07pm On Sep 14, 2022
The Tec gen

Re: A Tale Of Two Generators.: Personal review by nams77: 8:07pm On Sep 14, 2022
The Lutian generator

Re: A Tale Of Two Generators.: Personal review by drmuchin: 9:23pm On Sep 14, 2022
Interesting to get a good review on Thermocool generator

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Generators.: Personal review by ibawon(m): 10:10pm On Sep 14, 2022
I used Haier Thermocool for 3 years, we dey beg am make he chop fuel that year

2 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Generators.: Personal review by Orire01(m): 10:51pm On Sep 14, 2022
nams77:
The Tec gen
Are the both kva and whats the price difference?
Re: A Tale Of Two Generators.: Personal review by bolakale30(m): 2:51pm On Sep 15, 2022
I have a Lutian generator and I have similar issues... Especially with oil.
Re: A Tale Of Two Generators.: Personal review by nams77: 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2022
drmuchin:
Interesting to get a good review on Thermocool generator
Yea. Quite impressed.
Re: A Tale Of Two Generators.: Personal review by nams77: 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2022
ibawon:
I used Haier Thermocool for 3 years, we dey beg am make he chop fuel that year
Lol the way dem value the gen for my house ehn
Re: A Tale Of Two Generators.: Personal review by nams77: 8:54pm On Sep 15, 2022
bolakale30:
I have a Lutian generator and I have similar issues... Especially with oil.
The oil issue has been resolved ( by itself). Only issue now Is fuel
Re: A Tale Of Two Generators.: Personal review by nams77: 12:16pm On Nov 24, 2023
Final review:

The thermocool, is still delivering. No issue apart from a little fluctuations in current supplied atimes and then the carburettor was replaced. That's all. Working presently as I type. Very fuel efficient. Planning to buy another one.

The lutian?

Its giving me headaches. Hard in getting it to start. My neighbours in my office space are beginning to pity me.
I have started developing serious bicep muscles from pulling that little devil.
It drinks fuel and also leaks oil. Smokes a bit so it means pistons and rings needs replacement.
I have decided to sell it off as scrap to generator repairers. I have brought the thermocool back to the office.

The lutian wasn't that bad but it had some little niggles now and then and I hate such issues. It can still be managed but I won't manage it anymore.

End.

Cc: bolakale30
Drmuchin

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Generators.: Personal review by drmuchin: 12:10pm On Nov 25, 2023
nams77:
Final review:

The thermocool, is still delivering. No issue apart from a little fluctuations in current supplied atimes and then the carburettor was replaced. That's all. Working presently as I type. Very fuel efficient. Planning to buy another one.

The lutian?

Its giving me headaches. Hard in getting it to start. My neighbours in my office space are beginning to pity me.
I have started developing serious bicep muscles from pulling that little devil.
It drinks fuel and also leaks oil. Smokes a bit so it means pistons and rings needs replacement.
I have decided to sell it off as scrap to generator repairers. I have brought the thermocool back to the office.

The lutian wasn't that bad but it had some little niggles now and then and I hate such issues. It can still be managed but I won't manage it anymore.

End.

Cc: bolakale30
Drmuchin

Cost of generator now can send one to the village

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Samsung Galaxy Note 10plus... Awoof Deal / Neat UK Used Toshiba Z30t - 8GB RAM, SSD, Core i5, 6th Gen, Touchscreen, Slim / 3 Hot Gsm Products At Discount!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.