Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Girl Narrates How She Received 300 Pound From School as strike compensation - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Girl Narrates How She Received 300 Pound From School as strike compensation (209 Views)

Lagos Reopens Chrisland School As Probe Of Dubai Sex Scandal Continues / Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues / List Of ASUU Demands As Strike Is Suspended Conditionally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Girl Narrates How She Received 300 Pound From School as strike compensation by chinae(m): 9:12pm On Sep 14, 2022
My university paid me 300 pounds because of a strike action.

I know you are doubting the possibility of a student getting paid a sum because of an industrial action, but let me shock you, as it shocked me too, it is possible. Let me give you the deets.

Earlier this year, my university lecturers went on strike as a means to protest for some demanding benefits. Following the industrial action, the University decided to compensate the students by investing the pay forgone by lecturers into a Learning Opportunity Fund. The Fund was basically to support students who were impacted by the strike action in a way that students could claim the Funds and use it to take short courses online, attend conferences, and other learning opportunities.

Well, I got 300 pounds from a 2 weeks strike my people. The same me that ASUU strike took 2 good years from, 4-year course turned eternity, without any form of compensation, not even 1 naira, got 300 pounds from a 2 weeks strike; as it should be when students are impacted by industrial actions.

We all know that while industrial actions are due right of lecturers to make their grudges known, it is the students that have a whole life ahead of them that get affected. We all know that the ground in these two elephants' fight is the students. Students lose their time and plans to industrial action.

For almost 6 months, Nigerian University students have been at home and cannot forge their life because the government and lecturers are holding them to ransom. For 6 good months, thousands of students, the leaders of tomorrow are sitting right at home and the Government care less. Election campaigns are in full gear, promising us what you are already NOT giving us. I don't even know how this makes sense. Dear Nigerian Government, education is essential to the growth of the country and you should not kill it. #EndASUUstrikenow

Dear Nigerian government and Nigerian Universities, how do you plan to compensate the students for this time loss and opportunity loss? How? All I have to say is GET YOUR PVC AND VOTE WISELY.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/activity:6975588953563246594
Re: Girl Narrates How She Received 300 Pound From School as strike compensation by HopeNeverDies: 7:05am On Sep 15, 2022
Damnnn!!!

(1) (Reply)

The Way To Decide On Best Essay Writing Service Reddit / High School Fees In Missionary Schools In Nigeria / School Portal For Students To Check Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.