Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,866 members, 7,862,867 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:06 AM

Zamfara Residents Give Canoe, N19 Million Protection Levy To Terrorists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Residents Give Canoe, N19 Million Protection Levy To Terrorists (230 Views)

Bandits Kidnap 100 Zamfara Residents For Failing To Pay ₦110M Protection Levy / Zamfara Residents Kidnap Bandits’ Wives In Retaliation For Abduction Of Farmers / Protect Yourselves From Bandits - Governor Matawalle Tells Zamfara Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zamfara Residents Give Canoe, N19 Million Protection Levy To Terrorists by Omooba77: 10:21am On Sep 15, 2022
The communities also bought a canoe for the gunmen ahead of the rainy season.

Terrorists operating in Zamfara have collected about 19 million as a protection levy from residents of 14 communities in the Anka Local Government Area of the state.

The communities also bought a canoe for the gunmen ahead of the rainy season.

SaharaReporters gathered that most of the affected villages are under the control of the terrorists.

Residents said the move became necessary following the nonchalant attitude of the government and security agencies who seemed to have abandoned them to their fate and jettisoned any idea of providing security for farmers.

They lamented the incessant killings and abductions in the communities by gunmen who operate freely.

In recent times, security agents and civilians have both suffered several attacks at the hands of terrorists in the state.

Agrarian communities in the state have also been terrorised by gangs who raid villages, steal cattle and kidnap residents for ransom.

In 2019, the state government signed a peace agreement with the gunmen.

About 15 brand new Hilux vehicles and cash gifts were also given to leaders of different 'repentant' gangs of bandits by the governor in 2020.

But despite all these, communities in the state are still being attacked and residents kidnapped and/or killed.

https://saharareporters.com/2022/09/15/zamfara-residents-give-canoe-n19-million-protection-levy-terrorists-have-accessp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Residents Give Canoe, N19 Million Protection Levy To Terrorists by immortalcrown(m): 10:24am On Sep 15, 2022
Urchins will avoid this post because they are busy encouraging and celebrating military rampage in the East. How dare urchins say something negative about their masters? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Residents Give Canoe, N19 Million Protection Levy To Terrorists by Mrkindness: 10:24am On Sep 15, 2022
In northern here we have state sponsored terror in every state of the North. From kogi to katsina

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Residents Give Canoe, N19 Million Protection Levy To Terrorists by MuMuOnBail: 10:25am On Sep 15, 2022
Chai!!!

Insecurity can make wise people to start thinking like me.

Very soon, Zamfara indigenes will start paying and thanking Bandit for having sex with their wife's and daughters.

Insha allah

grin

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Residents Give Canoe, N19 Million Protection Levy To Terrorists by Totilopussylick(m): 10:29am On Sep 15, 2022
MuMuOnBail:
Chai!!!

Insecurity can make wise people to start thinking like me.

Very soon, Zamfara indigenes will start paying and thanking Bandit for having sex with their wife's and daughters.

Insha allah

grin

Even as all the northern states are federal republic of bandits and terrorists tongue
Re: Zamfara Residents Give Canoe, N19 Million Protection Levy To Terrorists by incandescentena: 10:29am On Sep 15, 2022
APC supporting terrorist

In the North they called them "bandits"
In the South they called them " IpobTerrorist"
In the Southsouth they called them "militant"

All being sponsored by Governments, one way or the other

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zamfara Residents Give Canoe, N19 Million Protection Levy To Terrorists by Teetee777: 10:33am On Sep 15, 2022
Where do they get all this propaganda from? Or is another zamfara in Nigeria? Or the one I'm.
Anka that I used to go every week or which Anka they are talking about.
Please stop spreading wrong information
Re: Zamfara Residents Give Canoe, N19 Million Protection Levy To Terrorists by Anigreat: 10:35am On Sep 15, 2022
shocked

Part of the money Tinubu gave to them, while his people are languishing in Benin republic.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Residents Give Canoe, N19 Million Protection Levy To Terrorists by Omooba77: 10:42am On Sep 15, 2022
Teetee777:
Where do they get all this propaganda from? Or is another zamfara in Nigeria? Or the one I'm.
Anka that I used to go every week or which Anka they are talking about.
Please stop spreading wrong information

Matawalle said people should defend themselves with guns.....
Re: Zamfara Residents Give Canoe, N19 Million Protection Levy To Terrorists by Teetee777: 10:57am On Sep 15, 2022
Omooba77:

Matawalle said people should defend themselves with guns.....

Where did you see that from the article you just posted now? The report is full of lies, I stayed in Zamfara and I go to Anka every week to buy a market and I have never met a bandit in Anka, so where do they get their report from?
Re: Zamfara Residents Give Canoe, N19 Million Protection Levy To Terrorists by Omooba77: 11:11am On Sep 15, 2022
Teetee777:

Where did you see that from the article you just posted now? The report is full of lies, I stayed in Zamfara and I go to Anka every week to buy a market and I have never met a bandit in Anka, so where do they get their report from?

I am only reporting earlier happening because you said it is not in Anka......
You stayed in villages around Anka too......
Re: Zamfara Residents Give Canoe, N19 Million Protection Levy To Terrorists by Omooba77: 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2022
Emboldened terrorists collecting taxes.....

(1) (Reply)

2023: We’re Going To Ride On Buhari’s Legacy, Says Tinubu’s Spokesperson / Emohua/kalabari Road: Affected LGA Chairmen Intensify Efforts To Curb Menace ••• / Why Is Reno Omokri Silent Of Recent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.