Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Giant Adobe Buys UI/UX Company Figma for $20 billion - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Giant Adobe Buys UI/UX Company Figma for $20 billion (717 Views)

Adobe Set To Acquire It's Rival, Figma, For $20 Billion / Tips and Tricks in Design. UI/UX Designers, Gather Here!!! / How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giant Adobe Buys UI/UX Company Figma for $20 billion by emmy512: 3:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
Adobe Buys figma__
hopefully things dont go downhill

Today, we’re announcing that Figma has entered into an agreement to be acquired by Adobe. This has been in the works over the past few months and I’m so excited to finally share this news with the world.

Ten years ago, Evan and I set out on a journey to make design accessible to all. Looking back, I’m proud to say we’ve made progress through introducing Figma to designers of all ages, geographies and levels of experience.

Looking ahead, we’re still barely scratching the surface. There’s such an opportunity (and need!) to make design and developer tools more collaborative and accessible. When we started Figma, our stated vision was to “eliminate the gap between imagination and reality.” I believe we can reach this goal substantially faster through our plan to join forces with Adobe and leveraging their legendary team plus decades of expertise.

While this is not the end of the story, it is the closing of a chapter, and I want to thank all the Figmates (past and present), community members and customers who helped us reach this milestone. You bet on us before there was a reason to — before cursors flying across the screen was normal, before design was at the center of the product process and before we knew what we were doing. Milestones are mirrors through which we can see the hard work of many and I am so grateful.

I understand this is a big change, especially for a platform you rely on every day. So I want to elaborate more on our plans for how this acquisition will work operationally and why I believe this is a partnership that will ultimately benefit you and the Figma platform.

1. There is a huge opportunity for us to accelerate the growth and innovation of the Figma platform with access to Adobe’s technology, expertise and resources in the creative space. For example, we will have the opportunity to incorporate their expertise in imaging, photography, illustration, video, 3D and font technology to the Figma platform. Additionally, we will have the opportunity to reimagine what the best creative tools could look like within the Figma technology stack.

2. Adobe is deeply committed to keeping Figma operating autonomously and I will continue to serve as CEO, reporting to David Wadhwani. David is someone I’ve known for a few years now and we have a strong relationship of mutual respect; I’m very excited for us to collaborate with him on how to continue growing Figma’s business. The entire Figma team will report to me. We plan to continue to run Figma the way we have always run Figma — continuing to do what we believe is best for our community, our culture and our business.

My goal is that we look back at this acquisition as an inflection point where Figma started building even faster. Yes, we want to expand into new areas over time, but we also want to continue making Figma Design, FigJam and the Figma community platform even better. One of the trickiest design decisions is when to make a new capability a separate tool vs part of an existing tool. Please know that we have some fun ideas on how to address this issue.

While we have big ambitions on the product side, many other things will remain the same for you. Our Friends of Figma program will continue spreading to new local communities. Recognizing that we are in an unpredictable, inflationary environment, we currently have no plan to change Figma’s pricing. Finally, all of Figma will continue to be free for education. Figma’s education offering was a critical part of our conversations and Adobe is completely aligned on growing the number of designers / developers / creatives in the world.

Like many of you, I grew up using Adobe software and it was a critical part of my personal creative journey. It is an incredible opportunity and honor to help Adobe build the next generation of creative tools. Especially in a time when AI-generated models make us question the role of human creativity, this opportunity is also a huge responsibility. I look forward to the years ahead and continuing to serve this amazing community.

From the CEO
https://www.figma.com/blog/a-new-collaboration-with-adobe/

Re: Giant Adobe Buys UI/UX Company Figma for $20 billion by immortalcrown(m): 3:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wow!
Re: Giant Adobe Buys UI/UX Company Figma for $20 billion by Offpoint1: 9:43pm On Sep 15, 2022
cheesy Buy the competitor
Re: Giant Adobe Buys UI/UX Company Figma for $20 billion by Maclink288: 11:02pm On Sep 15, 2022
Adobe would soon convert Figma to a paid software.
Re: Giant Adobe Buys UI/UX Company Figma for $20 billion by Adeling(m): 7:52am On Sep 20, 2022
If this software was bought by Google, I wouldn't be worried. But Adobe? Menh! Those guys could practically premiumize smiley every tool on figma. But 20bd is huge man

(1) (Reply)

Medium : Pastel Titled : MASSAI WOMAN / Digital Work Of Super Eagles Players... Odion Ighalo And Mikel Obi / Who Has Drawing Tablets For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.