Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,086 members, 7,845,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis (15354 Views)

The 15 Most Popular Athletes Of All Time Ft, Messi, Ronaldo, Bolt, Federer & Ali / Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals / Roger Federer Wins 100th ATP Tour Singles Title (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis by goslowgoslow(m): 8:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
viqSmallz:

Lol. some account are created to troll, you should know this by now and ignore.
My only worry or thought is that do they get paid? Because I dont see myself engaging in a fruitless activity
Get the fuvk off my mention you bloody tribalistic animal!
Re: Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis by sprints1: 8:24pm On Sep 15, 2022
Roger federer one of the best big servers of the game. Him serve na die. I will miss his backhand return shot slice shots and serve this man was a legend after Pete sampras. But I like djokovic though but I think roger federer is classiciest tennis player on earth.
Re: Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis by Snapchat: 8:57pm On Sep 15, 2022
princeemmma:
Whatever has a beginning will surely has an end

The end of a legend

The day the two football GOATS retires from football will be a day, we will all understand that Legends are born once in a lifetime

Lol...Haaland is already replacing Ronaldo while he’s still an active footballer, but Messi? No one will ever replace that guy. Not in this generation.
Re: Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis by sameks08(m): 9:03pm On Sep 15, 2022
amazing player legend salute
Re: Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis by nairamaniac: 9:32pm On Sep 15, 2022
Christane:
farewell legend ...Serena Williams retire two weeks ago
the legends are gradually retiring
soon it will be CR7, LM10 and Ibrahimovic.. appreciate them , respect them ..is not easy being world class for a long time

You forgot to mention our very own muhammadu buhari. He is retiring from the seat in less than 9months time.

Re: Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis by viqSmallz(m): 9:33pm On Sep 15, 2022
abbey621:

You're making my point for me, there has never been any player over 30 that dominated the way serena did hence what makes you think she could not still be dominant in her 40s? What makes you think she could not win one or two majors and still claim number one ranking in tennis? I could understand if the data showed that before getting pregnant she was mediocre but the data suggests otherwise, in fact while pregnant she still won a major so once again what's your argument? Again look at the competition, women tennis players with chicken arms and legs, serena's serve alone in per prime na like thunder grin grin

P.S. Serena 6 years ago was not her prime, her prime was from age 28 to 32 where she decimated the competition year in year out, those years if she didn't win 2 or 3 majors na waayo grin grin.

What makes me think she wouldn’t be dominant in her 40s is because she grew old and not because of child birth. Are you saying if she had given birth in her 20s she wouldn’t have performed well? I say no she still would. There is time for everything, there is no way she would have continued playing same way she played as she grew older.
Sports is about physicality majorly, and as you grow older you grow weaker. She should have quit quietly rather than making the same comparison.
If she could win when pregnant what stopped her from winning when she delivered. I would love to drop my case her. I hope I have been able to convince you that age matters in a sportsman life, no matter how good you are the law of diminishing return will still set in.
Adios amigo
Re: Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis by Niswayne19: 9:34pm On Sep 15, 2022
Happy retirement
Don’t forget to shop with the code "PHYNA" o from Oraimo to get amazing discounts.

Re: Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis by Softmirror: 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
nairamaniac:

You forgot to mention our very own muhammadu buhari. He is retiring from the seat in less than 9months time.
grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RqmEWs5I2Y
Re: Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis by viqSmallz(m): 9:39pm On Sep 15, 2022
goslowgoslow:

Get the fuvk off my mention you bloody tribalistic animal!
No vex boss. I be de support you. Didn’t know you are of the same ilk.
Re: Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis by shox(m): 9:49pm On Sep 15, 2022
See blood everywhere cos of ordinary retirement.

Some people even carry tribal issues, politics enter the matter. SMH cry
Re: Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis by goslowgoslow(m): 9:58pm On Sep 15, 2022
viqSmallz:

No vex boss. I be de support you. Didn’t know you are of the same ilk.
Support? sad
Re: Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis by abbey621(m): 10:44pm On Sep 15, 2022
viqSmallz:

What makes me think she wouldn’t be dominant in her 40s is because she grew old and not because of child birth. Are you saying if she had given birth in her 20s she wouldn’t have performed well? I say no she still would. There is time for everything, there is no way she would have continued playing same way she played as she grew older.
Sports is about physicality majorly, and as you grow older you grow weaker. She should have quit quietly rather than making the same comparison.
If she could win when pregnant what stopped her from winning when she delivered. I would love to drop my case her. I hope I have been able to convince you that age matters in a sportsman life, no matter how good you are the law of diminishing return will still set in.
Adios amigo

You obviously don't know the history of women and their performance after childbirth, even the great Martina was not as dominant after childbirth but believe what you will man....Ignorance is free grin grin grin
Re: Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis by ZUBY77(m): 11:39pm On Sep 15, 2022
Thank you Roger for coming during my lifetime
Re: Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis by nairamaniac: 1:12am On Sep 16, 2022
Softmirror:

grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RqmEWs5I2Y
grin grin grin

Please interpret the song. Even though it's sooo funny already.
Re: Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis by themanderon: 1:50am On Sep 16, 2022
Federer Express has finally come to an end. What a ride it was. His longevity was unmatched. All good things must eventually come to an end.
Re: Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis by Softmirror: 11:29am On Sep 16, 2022
nairamaniac:

grin grin grin

Please interpret the song. Even though it's sooo funny already.

THEY LYRICS IS IN HAUSA. "BUHARI WILL RETIRE VERY SOON, AIN'T YOU JUBILATING BUHARI WILL BE LEAVING OFFICE VERY SOON".
cheesy
Re: Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis by nairamaniac: 12:32pm On Sep 16, 2022
Softmirror:

THEY LYRICS IS IN HAUSA. "BUHARI WILL RETIRE VERY SOON, AIN'T YOU JUBILATING BUHARI WILL BE LEAVING OFFICE VERY SOON".
cheesy
grin

Honestly, I can't wait for him to leave.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Golden Chance Lotto Launches Online Play Website / Japan Stun Germany With Superb Late Comeback / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia: Man Of The Match?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.