Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,583 members, 7,861,766 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:59 PM

The Question A Young Boy Asked Us After He Was Arrested At A Black Spot Around 3 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Question A Young Boy Asked Us After He Was Arrested At A Black Spot Around 3 (630 Views)

Sunday Igboho: I Am In My House In Ibadan, I Wasn't Arrested At Guru Maharaji's / Police Parade Lady K And 11 Others Arrested At Sunday Igboho's House / Fayose Asked Us To Support Fayemi – Ekiti PDP Assembly Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Question A Young Boy Asked Us After He Was Arrested At A Black Spot Around 3 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 15, 2022
The Public Relations officer of the Delta State Police Command, DSP Bright Edafe has recently taken to Twitter to share a story of a young boy who was arrested at a back spot at around 3a.m by the Police in Delta state and how the young boy asked the Police what happened to his freedom of movement?
The Police officer shared this in a tweet on his official Twitter page on Wednesday, 14th of September 2022.

According to DSP Bright Edafe, he said that an 18 years old boy was recently arrested in Delta state at a black spot and that he advised that the young boy should be released if nothing incriminating was found on him.

Speaking further in his tweet, the Police officer said that following this development, the young boy asked them what happened to his freedom of movement?
While asking for people opinion on the issue, DSP Bright Edafe asked people what an 18 years old boy was doing outside at 3 a.m.

The Police officer further asked if it is a norm for young people to be moving around at such odd hours, or it is bad parenting that causes it?What is your take on this issue? Kindly let us know in the section below.

Re: The Question A Young Boy Asked Us After He Was Arrested At A Black Spot Around 3 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wahala sad shocked
Re: The Question A Young Boy Asked Us After He Was Arrested At A Black Spot Around 3 by Ttalk: 6:41pm On Sep 15, 2022
There is nothing wrong with familiar spirit taking a stroll in the night

Jennifer663:
The Public Relations officer of the Delta State Police Command, DSP Bright Edafe has recently taken to Twitter to share a story of a young boy who was arrested at a back spot at around 3a.m by the Police in Delta state and how the young boy asked the Police what happened to his freedom of movement?
The Police officer shared this in a tweet on his official Twitter page on Wednesday, 14th of September 2022.

According to DSP Bright Edafe, he said that an 18 years old boy was recently arrested in Delta state at a black spot and that he advised that the young boy should be released if nothing incriminating was found on him.

Speaking further in his tweet, the Police officer said that following this development, the young boy asked them what happened to his freedom of movement?
While asking for people opinion on the issue, DSP Bright Edafe asked people what an 18 years old boy was doing outside at 3 a.m.

The Police officer further asked if it is a norm for young people to be moving around at such odd hours, or it is bad parenting that causes it?What is your take on this issue? Kindly let us know in the section below.
Re: The Question A Young Boy Asked Us After He Was Arrested At A Black Spot Around 3 by limeta(f): 6:46pm On Sep 15, 2022
Did you not just say he's eighteen
So answer his question about his freedom of movement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Question A Young Boy Asked Us After He Was Arrested At A Black Spot Around 3 by ScamHunter: 6:50pm On Sep 15, 2022
To the Nigerian police, there's freedom of movement. What may not be available is freedom after movement.
This reminds me why I didn't marry my first girlfriend who is a police officer. Nigerian policemen are so crooked. Perhaps it takes a crook to catch a crook. That girl can lie eh.
Re: The Question A Young Boy Asked Us After He Was Arrested At A Black Spot Around 3 by Cantonese: 6:52pm On Sep 15, 2022
How did Edafe live his own life at 18?
Did he enjoy his freedom of movement or not? I bet he enjoyed his teen years, just like other police officers.

Policemen stop you from moving around, yet they move around at all hours unmolested by anyone.

It reminds me of those days we all wore nose covers around. Policemen would not wear nose covers and yet arrest citizens for not wearing nose covers.

Jagbajantis!
Re: The Question A Young Boy Asked Us After He Was Arrested At A Black Spot Around 3 by dat9jaguy(m): 6:54pm On Sep 15, 2022
Ttalk:
There is nothing wrong with familiar spirit taking a stroll in the night

Re: The Question A Young Boy Asked Us After He Was Arrested At A Black Spot Around 3 by Antyislam: 7:02pm On Sep 15, 2022
That is the time BAT used to fly to kill and distroy but in 2023 every nite thiefing BAT will be killed or retired. God punish BAT and those that support it.

1 Like

Re: The Question A Young Boy Asked Us After He Was Arrested At A Black Spot Around 3 by budaatum: 7:32pm On Sep 15, 2022
limeta:
Did you not just say he's eighteen
So answer his question about his freedom of movement.

Thank you o!

In fact, I'm going to go look for his Twitter handle and post this your response so he can see it and hopefully answer.

https://twitter.com/BudaAtum/status/1570481573262405632?s=20&t=79hGKEJTG_hizsiINqKG2A

Re: The Question A Young Boy Asked Us After He Was Arrested At A Black Spot Around 3 by budaatum: 7:41pm On Sep 15, 2022
Please know that while I was on his Twitter page, I found him to be one of the more enlightened PPROs, and I've told him so.

https://twitter.com/Brightgoldenboy/status/1529447866179239939?s=20&t=brEqTzoZtHZ4Lj-TMapN3Q

Re: The Question A Young Boy Asked Us After He Was Arrested At A Black Spot Around 3 by illicit(m): 7:45pm On Sep 15, 2022
Police sef
Re: The Question A Young Boy Asked Us After He Was Arrested At A Black Spot Around 3 by ivandragon: 7:56pm On Sep 15, 2022
There is freedom of movement within reason, because that is the nature of society.

Like J.J. Rousseau posited, "... man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains...'

Also, in these times of high insecurity, the Police are right to 'politely' question him & ask for some form of identification since he was seen at a known black spot... since nothing incriminating or suspicious was found, he is free to leave, however, diligent police officers will log the encounter for the records...

(1) (Reply)

Snack Shared At Peter Obi Rally (VIDEO) / Tinubu Coordinator South South Pastor Reuben Received 10 Thousand Youths PVC Hol / Current State Of Some Communities In Anambra As Flood Hit 13 States In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.