Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With (819 Views)

Wike Signs Executive Order 22: bans Use Of Residential Areas For Campaigns / Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor / Wike Signs Executive Order Proscribing IPOB, Lifts Curfew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by Rosenews2233: 9:32pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wike signs law allowing women to inherit their father's property alongside with men in Rivers State.

Read details below

https://tvafrica24.com/wike-signs-law-allowing-women-to-inherit-their-fathers-property-alongside-with-men-in-rivers-state/

Re: Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
Some ikwere men in porrtharcourt will not like this ooo

1 Like

Re: Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by Sialiah: 9:37pm On Sep 15, 2022
I love this
Re: Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 15, 2022
There’s nothing wrong in a woman inheriting her father’s property afterall women take care of their parents more than men . A very welcomed development.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by ShobayoEmma(m): 9:42pm On Sep 15, 2022
I don't know why africans speak against white discrimination against the blacks but encourage discrimination against their fellow black women.

God bless my mother, wife,daughters, sisters and my girlfriends.

1 Like

Re: Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by anonymous1759(m): 9:52pm On Sep 15, 2022
Seconded.
Re: Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by EmeraldJD: 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2022
A man's assets should be inherited by his offsprings!
Re: Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by nazicartel(m): 10:02pm On Sep 15, 2022
This one na wasting of time. But I can't have properties without giving my daughter some of them. Females are blessings to families. If I remember what my elder sister has done and still doing for me. I just thank God for blessing us with such a beautiful soul
Re: Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by FreeStuffsNG: 10:03pm On Sep 15, 2022
HE Wike is a very progressive Governor

1 Like

Re: Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by BlackSaints: 10:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
In Obio Apkor LGA or all Rivers LGA? Cause this nonsense will only work with the ikwerres and no where else.
This mother fvcker thinks he can tell me a non ikwerre what I can do with my property? He must be the biggest durnkard of this century

1 Like

Re: Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by WhizdomXX(m): 10:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wike doing good.
Re: Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by Allen102: 10:13pm On Sep 15, 2022
BlackSaints:
In Obio Apkor LGA or all Rivers LGA? Cause this nonsense will only work with the ikwerres and no where else.
This mother fvcker thinks he can tell me a non ikwerre what I can do with my property? He must be the biggest durnkard of this century
grin If only he developed other LGA like the way he signed this useless bill won't that be a sight to see?
Anyway,I hope the next governor cancels this nonsense bill.

1 Like

Re: Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by BloomingDale(f): 10:16pm On Sep 15, 2022
Women don't inherit properties in Rivers state? Seems they are brothers to those in South East that hate and discriminate their women. They are Biafrans.
Re: Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by BlackSaints: 10:18pm On Sep 15, 2022
Allen102:
grin If only he developed other LGA like the way he signed this useless bill won't that be a sight to see?
Anyway,I hope the next governor cancels this nonsense bill.
I they tell you, the mother fvcker they feel like one demi god..
Re: Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by BloomingDale(f): 10:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
BlackSaints:
I they tell you, the mother fvcker they feel like one demi god..

So Ijaws too have the same discriminatory culture?
Re: Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by 2elliot: 10:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
ShobayoEmma:
I don't know why africans speak against white discrimination against the blacks but encourage discrimination against their fellow black women.

God bless my mother, wife,daughters, sisters and my girlfriends.
Will the man be allowed to inherit his wife's properties including the one gotten from her family? If no, then men are robbed.
Re: Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by BlackSaints: 10:27pm On Sep 15, 2022
BloomingDale:

So Ijaws too have the same discriminatory culture?
Once a woman is married, once she stop bearing her father name and start using her husband surname,then she has no business with her father household including his properties.
Re: Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by BloomingDale(f): 10:29pm On Sep 15, 2022
BlackSaints:
Once a woman is married, once she stop bearing her father name and start using her husband surname,then she has no business with her father household including his properties.

Praise Jah I ain't Biafran.
Re: Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by BlackSaints: 10:32pm On Sep 15, 2022
BloomingDale:

Praise Jah I ain't Biafran.
Who said that I am Biafra? undecided
Re: Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by BloomingDale(f): 10:35pm On Sep 15, 2022
BlackSaints:
Who said I that I am Biafra? undecided

Biafrans don't let their women inherit properties. The Black woman is God. Hope they stop birthing you guys. Let's see how you will still discriminate them.

Biafrans women stop birthing them and mingle with non Biafrans.
Re: Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by Blue3k(m): 10:41pm On Sep 15, 2022
Speaking on the law to prohibit the curtailment of women’s right to share in family property law, Governor Wike expressed displeasure at how most cultures, particularly in Rivers State, do not encourage what engenders growth among the people.

Lol there was a law preventing woman from inheriting? The law will only work if the person Is too lazy to write a will. What prevents some from just stating in their will they want their male children to inherit exclusively. Anyway we'd have to see how the law is written to see if they force individuals to pass their property to certain individuals.
Re: Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by ExudeLoveToAll: 11:39pm On Sep 15, 2022
BloomingDale:
Women don't inherit properties in Rivers state? Seems they are brothers to those in South East that hate and discriminate their women. They are Biafrans.

You folks will just dish out trash because of bigotry.

Nairaland is something else.
Re: Wike Signs Law Allowing Women To Inherit Their Father's Property Alongside With by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 15, 2022
That is good news. Without the law, i was going to leave my property equally to all my kids anyways

(1) (Reply)

Sanusi Tells Tinubu His Political Party, Reveals What Cost Him His Job At CBN / 2023: Notable UNICAL Prof Set To Endorse Peter Obi / Could Lagos PDP Campaign Rally Be Their Worst So Far?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.