Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

‘Messi The GOAT And Will Never Play In Europa League’ - Ronaldo Mocked After Man - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘Messi The GOAT And Will Never Play In Europa League’ - Ronaldo Mocked After Man (707 Views)

EPL: I Will Never Play For Arsenal – Lukaku / UCL: Gianluigi Buffon Mocked After Manchester United Goal Error (Photos) / Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Messi The GOAT And Will Never Play In Europa League’ - Ronaldo Mocked After Man by ghettokid1(m): 10:12am On Sep 16, 2022

The Portuguese forward scored his first goal under Erik ten Hag as the Red Devils bounced back to winning ways in Europe at Zimbru Stadium

Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo has faced a backlash from a section of fans across Africa after he scored his first goal of the season in the 2-0 Europa League victory against Sheriff Tiraspol on Thursday.

The 37-year-old Portuguese international, who had gone for seven matches without a goal this term, converted from the penalty spot to add to Jadon Sancho’s opener as the Red Devils got their campaign in Europe back on track at Zimbru Stadium.

However, what caught the attention of many is how Ronaldo celebrated scoring the penalty against the Moldovan champions.

As usual, Ronaldo did his famours ‘siu’ celebration, as he ran towards the flag post, jumped and turned with his arms outstretched.

According to the fans, the goal did not warrant such a celebration as he was playing against a “little known” outfit and also representing Man United in a “farmers competition” that even his long-time rival and Paris Saint-Germain forward Lionel Messi has not feature in.

“Penaldo is back,” Vincent Brian wrote on Facebook, adding: [b]“He just scored against a little known team and shouldn’t have celebrated like that. He has downgraded himself by playing in Europa League; even Messi cannot play in such a competition.”[/b]Brian's sentiments were echoed by Chukwu Gekwu, who said: “Messi can never play in Europa League,” while Gregory Osunde opined: “No, my GOAT doesn’t leave university and restart primary school,” in reference to Messi, who scored for PSG in the 3-1 Champions League win Maccabi Haifa on Wednesday.

“My GOAT is never for Europa League, go and check his stats on Champions League this season." explained Jiyah Abel Clever while Joel Anaba said: “My GOAT will never play in Europa League.”
Brian's sentiments were echoed by Chukwu Gekwu, who said: “Messi can never play in Europa League,” while Gregory Osunde opined: “No, my GOAT doesn’t leave university and restart primary school,” in reference to Messi, who scored for PSG in the 3-1 Champions League win Maccabi Haifa on Wednesday.

“My GOAT is never for Europa League, go and check his stats on Champions League this season." explained Jiyah Abel Clever while Joel Anaba said: “My GOAT will never play in Europa League.”

Olufemi Segun David stressed his point: “A real GOAT doesn’t play in Europa League and real GOAT doesn’t play penalties, he gives it out to upcoming generation and he doesn’t struggle with kids.”

Chinedu Anyawa posed a question: “So Ronaldo celebrated a goal against a Ghanaian team “BLACK SHERIFF?” adding: "I'm ashamed on his behalf," while Morakinyo Paulmorax wrote: “Lol! Champions play Tuesday and Wednesday football and not Thursday.”

Meanwhile, Oloyede Olamiposi defended Ronaldo by saying: “Ronaldo is still the overall Champions League goals scorer, and now his making history again in Europe League, he is my GOAT.”

Jc James wrapped up the debate by praising Ronaldo: “That’s another record, for him, when you are the best, you prove it anywhere you are, because when you retire people will always remember, including the haters that got nothing to show.”
https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/messi-goat-europa-league-ronaldo-mocked-after-manchester-united-penalty/blte0f8aab7add5c10c
lalasticlala
mynd44
dominique
mukina2
Re: ‘Messi The GOAT And Will Never Play In Europa League’ - Ronaldo Mocked After Man by Zonefree(m): 10:12am On Sep 16, 2022
Ronaldo just dey fall hand, aswear.

So, he did Siuuu celebration after scoring penalty against Black Sheriff in Europa undecided

How the mighty has fallen. cry

Same player that conquered Europe elite teams is now reduced to nothing.

4 Likes

Re: ‘Messi The GOAT And Will Never Play In Europa League’ - Ronaldo Mocked After Man by floss(m): 10:14am On Sep 16, 2022
Hmmm
Re: ‘Messi The GOAT And Will Never Play In Europa League’ - Ronaldo Mocked After Man by WibusJaga: 10:14am On Sep 16, 2022

Ronaldo has done well for the beautiful game but he is past his prime. Anyone still expecting him to perform wonders like he did for Real Madrid is simply living in fool's paradise.
Same applies to the sick old ancestor bat.
Re: ‘Messi The GOAT And Will Never Play In Europa League’ - Ronaldo Mocked After Man by Corridon: 10:17am On Sep 16, 2022
If he wins it then his resume will be better than that of Messi.
Re: ‘Messi The GOAT And Will Never Play In Europa League’ - Ronaldo Mocked After Man by orohbiro(f): 10:26am On Sep 16, 2022
But but I came to manu to win the champion league

Re: ‘Messi The GOAT And Will Never Play In Europa League’ - Ronaldo Mocked After Man by Mhykel217(m): 10:27am On Sep 16, 2022
Zonefree:

So, he did Siuuu celebration after scoring penalty against Black Sheriff in Europa undecided

Fall hand ke!!
He's making his money my gee

1 Like

Re: ‘Messi The GOAT And Will Never Play In Europa League’ - Ronaldo Mocked After Man by Abfinest007(m): 10:28am On Sep 16, 2022
Eir headache
Re: ‘Messi The GOAT And Will Never Play In Europa League’ - Ronaldo Mocked After Man by orohbiro(f): 10:30am On Sep 16, 2022
Zonefree:

shame self dey catch manutd players watching him celebrate against sheriff

1 Like

Re: ‘Messi The GOAT And Will Never Play In Europa League’ - Ronaldo Mocked After Man by Treasure17(m): 10:31am On Sep 16, 2022
Ronaldo is bigger than Europa in all ramifications. It's united backwardness that warrant all these nonsense.

1 Like

Re: ‘Messi The GOAT And Will Never Play In Europa League’ - Ronaldo Mocked After Man by internationalman(m): 11:37am On Sep 16, 2022
Ronaldo behaves like a player whose career just kick-started most times...

Nobody is expecting you to score 50 goals a season anymore. Not even your fans expect that. So why playing and hungry for goal and celebrating like a kid all the time when you have already came and saw and conquered.

Why can't he just play and enjoy himself and stop putting himself under unnecessary pressure..

Maybe he thinks he can play ball forever.

The guy's love for football will make him cry when he's retiring soon..

2 Likes

Re: ‘Messi The GOAT And Will Never Play In Europa League’ - Ronaldo Mocked After Man by internationalman(m): 11:41am On Sep 16, 2022
Treasure17:
Ronaldo is bigger than Europa in all ramifications. It's united backwardness that warrant all these nonsense.

Was he not in the team?

Y'all and Ronaldo himself are always blaming the team for failure and excluding him but praising him when the same team mates assist him to score..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Messi The GOAT And Will Never Play In Europa League’ - Ronaldo Mocked After Man by ThierryJay: 1:33pm On Sep 16, 2022
Jokerman, I told you we must hear Siuuuu in Europa. You said never. Now your man did not disappoint me.

Come next year we are taking Siuu to the conference league.

This Siuu breakfast must be served at all levels grin

2 Likes

Re: ‘Messi The GOAT And Will Never Play In Europa League’ - Ronaldo Mocked After Man by ghettokid1(m): 2:01pm On Sep 16, 2022
ThierryJay:
Jokerman, I told you we must hear Siuuuu in Europa. You said never. Now your man did not disappoint me.

grin grin grin
Re: ‘Messi The GOAT And Will Never Play In Europa League’ - Ronaldo Mocked After Man by ghettokid1(m): 2:01pm On Sep 16, 2022
lalasticlala
mynd44
dominique
mukina2
Re: ‘Messi The GOAT And Will Never Play In Europa League’ - Ronaldo Mocked After Man by Jokerman(m): 4:04pm On Sep 16, 2022
ThierryJay:

Lol... pessi or Barca will join us sooner or later
Re: ‘Messi The GOAT And Will Never Play In Europa League’ - Ronaldo Mocked After Man by ugwuadudave(m): 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2022
ThierryJay:

siuu to the world! grin
Re: ‘Messi The GOAT And Will Never Play In Europa League’ - Ronaldo Mocked After Man by ThierryJay: 9:58pm On Sep 16, 2022
Jokerman:

Lai lai. And Barca playing Europa is nothing special because all clubs have played Europa at one point or the other in their history. But Messi, never grin
Re: ‘Messi The GOAT And Will Never Play In Europa League’ - Ronaldo Mocked After Man by HillaryNelo(m): 10:24pm On Sep 16, 2022
Jokerman:

dream on
Re: ‘Messi The GOAT And Will Never Play In Europa League’ - Ronaldo Mocked After Man by ghettokid1(m): 10:39am On Sep 18, 2022
cc, lalasticlala
mynd44
dominique
mukina2

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool With This Line Up Gonna Be Deadly Soon / Who Is The Best Messi: , Robinho: , Or Ronaldo / War For The Soul Of English Premiership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.