Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road (22652 Views)

Loaded Passenger Bus Plunges Into Canal In Oworonshoki, Lagos / LASTMA General Manager Caught A Man Driving One-Way On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by nlfpmod: 11:26am On Sep 16, 2022
Twitter User, Malachy Odo writes:

When you're driving into Oworonshoki, just after Zenith Bank, you're supposed to make a right or left turn as the road is a "one way".

Yet there's no sign indicating so & every time people have expended their money & time to put one, the Officers stationed there remove them.

https://twitter.com/MalachyOdo1/status/1570667455592407042?t=YW8JgtNtcnMwXvS6DuGIVA&s=08

12 Likes

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by Corridon: 11:32am On Sep 16, 2022
Government should look into this. Maybe some corrupt officers are using that area to make money.

154 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by iiifedimma(f): 12:17pm On Sep 16, 2022
Just imagine that

1 Like

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by Lakado(m): 12:17pm On Sep 16, 2022
Wow
Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by yomalex(m): 12:17pm On Sep 16, 2022
Hmm okay
Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by crossfm: 12:17pm On Sep 16, 2022
Hehehe.

When driving use your head or they use you cash out.

The sign should be bold enough for everyone to see.

7 Likes

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by SALLYBERRY01(m): 12:17pm On Sep 16, 2022
Government should do the needful

3 Likes

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by jeeqaa7(m): 12:17pm On Sep 16, 2022
y
Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:17pm On Sep 16, 2022
Matters arising

1 Like

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by StagethemTVee: 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2022
Very true. Its the same in many places even on the island. There is a part along Sanusi Fafunwa road on the island, where you cannot keep driving straight on the same road, and you must either make a left or right turn, yet no signs to let you know. There was a day I had almost driven straight but I sensed something was amiss.
As I tried to reverse, a police van parked about 300 meters away and waiting for me to drive into the road quickly sped and blocked my car.
That day I paid the officers some money. They said I was lucky it was not Lastma on duty and they claimed they were more merciful.
If you make the mistake of driving into these traps called one way, the hawks come out from hiding.

127 Likes 6 Shares

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by Creamypie(m): 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2022
Na wah. Anything APC dirty like this

22 Likes

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by olaboy33(m): 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2022
Similar thing happens at Oniru Road when coming from Ligali Ayorinde.

Rather than put a proper sign to guide people not to make a turn, the corrupt Officer would lurk around to see the 'new' guy who would fall victim of their extortion.

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by davillian(m): 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2022
Lmao,
No sign but yet they accuse you of breaking traffic laws....
May be it was there before but hungry lions removed it....
If you know you know...

73 Likes

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by NotKnown: 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2022
We built Lagos from nothing to something in the mud

6 Likes

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by Macphenson: 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2022
OP God bless you. I saw how ignorant people were commenting on the vehicle auction thread.

Yes in as much as a lot of drivers in Lagos are crazy, a whole lot of those people whose cars were auctioned were innocent. Some roads in Lagos have no road sign, and u will see some LASTMA officials and Police stationed there waiting for ignorant people to catch and exploit them. I was once a victim.

I was driving out from the MMIA and I was called back, before getting to a particular bridge on that road, theres an opening for a U turn being used when the road was being constructed. When I got there and wanted to turn to go back to the airport, I noticed a toyota camry coming from the other side of the road and blocking me, even though there was enough space for both of us, After a while he drove off only for a hummer bus to block me and some police men and LASTMA officials jumped down in a gestapo style and rushed into my vehicle.
We drove down to LASTMA office and They claimed I was driving one way, I was mad but my car was already in their yard and they were threatning me they will auction it. I have to make some calls and my car was released to me. When I was about leaving their yard, I suggested to their boss that that place should either be blocked completely or a no u turn sign placed their so that ignorant people won't keep falling prey there, he simply laughed and asked me if I want to close that "SHOP" I was simply dumb founded.

Most driveways in Lagos have zero road signs as such innocent and ignorant commuters always fall prey to those wolves in uniform.

Lagos State government should as a matter of urgency improve in their road signs especially on the mainland where there a lot of "one way" drive ways.

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by dennisedache: 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2022
yes ohh[s][/s]
Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by hibeebeeking: 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2022
Ok. Do what is up.
Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by Sonnobax15(m): 12:19pm On Sep 16, 2022
grin
It's only a big fool that will think those officers stationed there don't know that....Dem rather turn that place to office in order to extort offenders or impound their vehicles than ensure a sign indicating one way is put there...

Here in Delta state where I normally ply with my keke,we the transporters don't have time for one way signs... Instead,na agberos wey their faces don comot line dey always dey station themselves for there grin. The moment you sight your eyes on dem,na only you go advice yourself to do the right thing.

In as much as I don't support victims of one way,but I also suggest that auctioning vehicles of it's victims out on a cheaper rate is bad..Why not fine them instead,and those who couldn't pay the fine,then auctioning their vehicles wouldn't be a bad idea..

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by Bosenan: 12:19pm On Sep 16, 2022
hehehe, those people matter finally enter nairaland

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:19pm On Sep 16, 2022
Tinubus so called Lagos

12 Likes

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by handsomeyinka(m): 12:19pm On Sep 16, 2022
The sign is there but not very visible.

The road to the right (Olabode Aluko street) leading to (Onabanjo Street) is very horrible hence drivers prefer the left street .

The major road leading to oworonsoki (Olojojo bus stop) needs even more attention cos that road is extremely bad.

In short I pity my cars at time when driving.

Nevertheless, I still love my oworo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by iHateFraudsters: 12:19pm On Sep 16, 2022
crossfm:
Hehehe.

That's why dashcam is very good.

I've dealt with lots of traffic officers here.

They know me and I know them.

We don go court tire.

They're owing me a lot of money.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by Proudlyomonna: 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2022
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Help me tell am oo.
You see your mate dey drive for allocated lane,you se you no wan follow them se na one way you like bcus them no drop One way sign if them hold you your pocket go tell you grin
Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by wese90(m): 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2022
Na wa ooo

Make people like us wey no get car dey observe

11 Likes

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by MuslimMuslim: 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2022
Thieves

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2022
angry

Ok ! We go fry Beans grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by docjuli(m): 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2022
Bosenan:
hehehe, those people matter finally enter nairaland
Chai

1 Like

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by dazzlingd(m): 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2022
One thing they take serious outside the country is road signs

3 Likes

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by datola: 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2022
True. Also Akoka UNILAG Abule Oja.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis / Top 10 Air Travel Companies With Most Plane Crashes In 2014 / Toyota Sienna Burnt On Eko Bridge (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.