Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Is Sustainable Supply Chain A Green Myth? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Sustainable Supply Chain A Green Myth? (299 Views)

The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) / Green Snake In My House Pls Help!! / The Myth About Female Virginity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Sustainable Supply Chain A Green Myth? by usaawl7: 1:57pm On Sep 16, 2022
Let’s first understand what is supply chain sustainability? SCS or Supply Chain Sustainability is a comprehensive approach to supply chain operations, logistics, and technology that influence the components' social, economic, legal and environmental standing. Identifying the source of raw materials, maintaining safe working conditions for employees, and lowering carbon footprint are typical sustainability measures.

What are the challenges in supply chain sustainability? The research and development team at AWL India which is the leading logistics and warehouse management company has investigated three supply networks to comprehend the predicament and come up with solutions. One in the healthcare and pharmaceutical logistics companies, one in electronics, and one in energy supply chain management. They have looked at a sample of suppliers from numerous MNCs, including both top-tier and lower-tier suppliers with locations in countries like the US, Japan and India. They found that many were not upholding the criteria that the MNCs required them to. Rarely did the desired cascade effect take place.

A consumer company can handle two different sustainability-related risks if its supply chain wing and energy providers involved in producing and transporting goods are in high functional condition. One sort of risk relates to how providing customers with goods and services will affect sustainability. The typical consumer company's supply chain is responsible for more than eighty per cent of greenhouse gas emissions and more than ninety per cent of the effect on air, land, water, biodiversity, and geological resources, causing significantly greater social and environmental costs than its activities. Thus, by concentrating on their supply chains, consumer corporations can drastically cut those expenses. 3PL management companies like AWL India have streamlined their approach toward green supply chain solutions that help not just the environment but business as well because of low logistics and warehousing costs.

Read More : https://www.awlindia.com/us-en/blog-details/is-sustainable-supply-chain-a-green-myth

(1) (Reply)

Merrybet5stars Premier League Grand Finale Raffle X Giveaway / PDP Crisis: A Psychoanalytic Perspective To Wike’s Cry For Maternal Help / Help! Please How Can I Stream My Iphone Videos On Hisense Smart Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.