Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Absenteeism From Church Services - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Absenteeism From Church Services (240 Views)

Links To Watch Live Church Services Online / Man Caught Drinking Holy Communion Wine After Stealing It From Church In Lagos / Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Absenteeism From Church Services by Prevail123: 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2022
LearnChrist Bible Study Meeting, Thursday 15th Sept, 2022//Pastor Prevail Inegbenose.

Topic: Absenteeism From Church Services.

Focus: Should a believer be absent from church service at will?

I was in one of the offices in Abuja a few months ago, and some men got talking.

One of them said, "I don't go to church; in fact I'm neither a Christian nor a Muslim."

Then, the other man said, "well, I go to church only once every three months."

Shocked by this, I asked; "are you a believer sir?

Yes I'm, but I go to church like once in 3 months, he responded.

When I inquire further, he said, "if I want to have fellowship with God, I will gather my family together in my house."

Hmmmmmmmmm!

The alarming decline in church attendance by believers formed the basis of our discussion on LearnChrist.

We noted that believers must not forsake the gathering together of God's people in their local churches (Heb 10:25) for any reason.

Be it rain fall on a Sunday morning or not having worship offering...

The Psalmist says,
"For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up", Ps 69:9.

Again, he says, "For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand...

I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness."Ps 84:10.

Where is your zeal for the Lord?

Oh, you have lost it. Is that why you're saying it doesn't matter?

Now, you can walk in and out of your local church services at will; and have now become an online worshipper.

Someone maybe saying, "Pastor, is not by going to church often."

Well, my question to you is, is it by staying out of church always?

Let us use our tongues to count our teeth. No wonder, the children of this world are wiser.

They don't miss their occult or confraternity meetings...but here we are with all manner of excuses.

We at LearnChrist however admonished...

That every believer must make it a point of duty to attend his local church services...so as to fellowship with God amidst other believers, and to exhort one another in the Lord.

God bless your soul richly in Jesus name �.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Proverbs 4:16-17 Prophecy About Mohammed In The Bible. Muslims Were Right! / Atheism And Theism/deism Are Different Sides Of Same Coin. / Anambra: Ihiala Parishioners Reject Bishop, Request New Diocese From Pope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.