Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,340 members, 7,815,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya (27353 Views)

FG To Pay N2.75bn Compensation For Coastal Highway Demolitions Today / Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya / What Nigeria Owes Igbo's. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by kingthreat(m): 10:48am On Sep 17, 2022
searchlight:
I don't expect you to have sense.

Igbos killed Akintola, Victor Banjo and many other top Yoruba soldiers. Apologize to us.
Apologize to the North for killing Ahmadu Bello and the first prime minister Tafawa Balewa.
Apologize for invading Benin, Bayelsa and the present Rivers communities.
God bless the Nigerian nation. An Igbo man will never rule over us.

4 Likes

Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by Empredboy(m): 10:48am On Sep 17, 2022
[quote author=Mufakirnaqdiun post=116740312]Ogbeni I no understand this post oo.
It's just like the Jews saying the Germans owe them an apology and blaming them till today,lol
Abeg na Elizabeth bomb una or who?be like you no understand what's called war.

Supporters of Nigeria

. EYGPT

. United Kingdom

. Soviet Union

. United States

. Canada

. Israel

. Bulgaria

. Ethiopia

. Senegal

. Somalia

. Sierra Leone

. Cameroun

. Niger

. Algeria

. Syria

. Saudi Arabia

Supporters of Biafra

. France

. Israel

. Portugal

. South Africa

. Rhodesia

. Haiti

. Italy

. Holy See

. China

. Yugoslavia

. Gabon

. Ivory Coast

. West Germany

. Tanzania
Everyone was playing politics by supporting the other side,lol.But this aunty is busy blaming someone who's gone.

Update;So those Biafrans even invade Midwest,ABI wetin I dey see,lol.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwest_Invasion_of_1967[/quotewhat she meant was that the war was needless if gowon had sticked to the aburi accord by allowing biafra to separate without war. But die minute the British because of their oil company that was In warri which Ojukwu told to leave or pay tax to biafra and awolowo whom gown released from prison to make him finance minister then promised him presidency were the cause of the war

2 Likes

Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by gidgiddy: 10:49am On Sep 17, 2022
michaelandre:
I wonder why you people hate truth.

What truth? That Nigeria killed over 3 million Igbos in the name of "one Nigeria" that has got us no where today?

1 Like

Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by Igbojew: 10:50am On Sep 17, 2022
Igboslayer:
Your foolish ancestors and fathers chose to make war to divide Nigeria when they feel they can no longer be at peace with other ethnic tribes in Nigeria. Surely they will be consequences.

They deserve what they got…Igbos and the victim mentality, they will always blame others for their stupidity. Na Queen advice Ojukwu to start a civil war or made Igbo military officers planned and execute Nigeria’s first coup that killed mostly Hausas leaders like Tafawa Belawa, Ahmadu Bello and preserved Igbo leaders.

You can not start animosity and demand love at the same time, this has been the narration Igbos are too famous for. You started a war you can’t win and blame people for taking sides in other to protect over 150 million potential refugees from Nigeria eclipsing the whole of West Africa if Ojukwu had succeeded in his ethnic motivated dominance.

This would have created the worst catastrophic population implosion all over West Africa with sudden surge of displaced people from Nigeria finding Safty all over the region, if Ojukwu had succeeded in capturing Lagos like he was planning to do.

Igbos paid the supreme price for the profound foolishness of their leaders and possibly still paying the price for not learning any lessons from their indiscretion.

Did you said Igbos started a war they could not win,hope you read the part it was because of the Britain timely intervention that save you coward Nigerians from annihilation from brave Biafra Soldiers(Igbos).So next time you and your coward people call brave Igbos chest beaters kindly look yourself in the mirror to know who is coward............I am that Igbojew the table shaker

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by bigbros4real54: 10:51am On Sep 17, 2022
Uju tried but made a mistake ,apology to Biafra is not enough, saying she believed in one unified Nigeria is the worst mistake in her comment,what can settle the grief of an Igbo man is a biafran nation QED.the number written on this is what

1 Share

Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by Morphinne: 10:51am On Sep 17, 2022
Apologize to you for a war you started? Ojukwu should be the one to apologize for foolishly leading your blind fathers into a war they were never going to win.
What were they thinking when they killed one of the brightest minds the northern Nigeria had ever produced, sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Ahmadu Bello, Chief Samuel Ladoke Akintola and 19 others while sparing their own people in power at the time?
They even installed an Igbo man to be the head of government yet these set of vile people keep playing the victim cards on us.
The Igbo race owes the Southwesterners, the South-south people as well the Northerners an apology for killing their sons and revered leaders in the event that marked the first ever bloodshed disguised to be a political struggle. You can’t keep claiming to be victims when indeed, you started the madness but got yourselves whipped and tamed and reduced to dots in a circle ever since. Pls swallow your L in peace and move on. Nigerians too deserve a profound apology from you pigs.
Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by Proudlyomonna: 10:55am On Sep 17, 2022
juman:
Rather they should demand apology from azikiwe and his collogues that misled their tribe.

When other regions wanted to stay alone as independent country, its azikiwe that insisted on one nigeria.

When awolowo went to azikiwe to form government so that azikiwe would lead the government, azikiwe rejected and ran to north to form government with them.

Igbos were highly represented in Tafawa Balewa government, but igbos were not satisfy, they wanted ways to dominate other tribes totally, they planned coup and killed leaders of other regions and did not kill any of of their leaders.

When the coup failed, they switched to their other plan which was biafra.
That led to biafra war.

What led to the Biafran War was not the Coup, There were as well other Coups after that why was there no War?
What led to the Declaration of Biafra was the unprovoked killings of Igbos Up North which was cheered on for whatever reasons by the govt of the day.
War was fought,No Victor no Vanquish declared,the Question now should be,is the Country better NOW after all the Blood spilled?

1 Like

Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by kingthreat(m): 10:56am On Sep 17, 2022
ComeToJesus:
There is a place for hard discussions like this. People should stfu and stop trying to tell a person how to express pain and emotions.

She must have contemplated on the the likely outcomes of her outbursts before writing about her pain. You don't tell a person how to express his/her angst or misgivings over a situation.

Uju is well on her right to express her self. Though entrance to the museum is free, Britain still rakes in millions of pounds as proceeds from the Galleries and exhibitions of stolen Bini artworks and artefacts still displayed in their museums. Those are illegal earnings. Would anyone try that with the British and go scot-free?

You destroyed the great Bini Kingdom and sent King Ovonramwen Nogbaisi on exile to Calabar. You rob a people,plunder their resources, coercively merge independent nations together, ship their able bodied men and women to your plantations in the carribeans, decimate their cultures and give name new names and expect their offsprings to be happy with you? You are deluded.

If Uju were in the UK, there is a possibility that a nationalist would have assassinated her. You encourage people to keep talking anyhow. At least you cannot do the same to Islam in public.
On the Benin invasion, the Bini kingdom was already weak in the late 19th century. Ovonramwen killed tens on British soldiers. On expecting war with the British, many innocent indigenes were sacrificed to appease the gods to favour him in the war. Then the British came with a force and showed him the Art of War and looted. To the victor, all the spoils. That was the story. There was a provocation.
You should be lucky that it is the British empire in power. If Hitler had succeeded, a rebellious tribe would have been exterminated. If you have a problem with colonization, then your people instead of fighting stupid battles, looting resources and being corrupt should create a formidable military. From Day 1, Earth has been about conquest. We speak English because our ancestors were weak.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by Morphinne: 10:57am On Sep 17, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

What led to the Biafran War was not the Coup, There were as well other Coups after that why was there no War?
What led to the Declaration of Biafra was the unprovoked killings of Igbos Up North which was cheered on for whatever reasons by the govt of the day.
War was fought,No Victor no Vanquish declared,the Question now should be,is the Country better NOW after all the Blood spilled?

So kiddo, what led to those other coups and your “unprovoked” killing of igbos up north?
Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by Mozegee: 10:59am On Sep 17, 2022
I may not know who you are but you are completely right.we are not cowards and we die on what we believe in.
Anigreat:
shocked

I really love the great Igbo tribe even though I am not Igbo. Even in the face of oppression the fear no one, they speak their mind and fear no idiot. Infact it's this inherent behavioral disposition of fearlessness constantly and consistently displayed by them that I believe the saying that goes thus: "Igbo man bows for no one except his chi"

This fearless trait is not only found in their men but also their women. Aba women riot of 1929 came to mind were Ikonnia,Nwannedia and Nwugo, beautiful Igbo women lead the protest successfully, and recently the case of Uju and the queen is a clear study of what their women is made of. God bless them.

Don't think that Igbo men will run away from their ancestral land to Benin republic or Cote D'Ivoire, they fight bravely and die as warriors..while others run and still die as cowards.

1 Like

Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by kingthreat(m): 10:59am On Sep 17, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

So you expect to kill a northern Prime Minister and Sardauna and no backlash. If Buhari was physically attacked on his visit to Imo, you think Igbos in all other parts of Nigeria will be safe? Not to even talk of him being assassinated. Stop supporting evil.

3 Likes

Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by wowcatty: 10:59am On Sep 17, 2022
The only people British owe apology + repairation are Yoruba for razing ijebu villages and killed thousands in what is now Lagos Island.
Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by Igbojew: 10:59am On Sep 17, 2022
Heffalump:

You people should stop exposing your true colors and natural identity to the entire world. There's a whole lots of folly and insane display of character by the so called professor Uju. This is going to dent her image internationally when inquisitive minds go back to read about the Biafra war, mark my words. We all read the history and know the true position of things.

Igbos invited the war upon themselves and it's indeed, regrettable. You want people to feign ignorance and be subsumed in your greed for power and dominance, while you think you're the only learned folks in your stupid mentality. I'm still baffled that this character of the Igbos have not changed since 1966. Uju is embarrassing her entire generation unknowingly, or perhaps in her stupid wisdom it's right to do so.

The Queen of England, like many heads of governments all over the world knew the truth very well, that was the reason why she boldly supported the country she had worked hard to build. Nobody needed to advise her otherwise. She equally knew your true character as colonial master then, that was one cogent reason the British gave power to the North. I feel cheated already, courtesy of your natural disposition and penchant for greed. Invariably, this has robbed me of what Nigeria should have been today if power came to the South.

You people (modern Igbos) should learn to be good students of history and correct the ugly and wicked mistakes committed yesteryears by your ancestors.

I don't have any hatred for an Igboman, I still support Peter Obi for presidency as I'm fully "Obidient" with my entire clan and village. But the truth must be told always for posterity to judge. Peace!

If you like try by using your last line where you said that you don't have any hatred for Igbos and that you still support Peter Obi to water down the enormous hatred you have against Igbos the fact is Igbos have seen you people's hatred against them finish and they don't give a f*ck...............I am that Igbojew the table shaker

1 Like

Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by kingthreat(m): 11:00am On Sep 17, 2022
Mozegee:
I may not know who you are but you are completely right.we are not cowards and we die on what we believe in.

When war tire you, why you surrender sing Nigerian anthem?
Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by ATLIEN2027: 11:00am On Sep 17, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

I really love the great Igbo tribe even though I am not Igbo. Even in the face of oppression the fear no one, they speak their mind and fear no idiot. Infact it's this inherent behavioral disposition of fearlessness constantly and consistently displayed by them that I believe the saying that goes thus: "Igbo man bows for no one except his chi"

This fearless trait is not only found in their men but also their women. Aba women riot of 1929 came to mind were Ikonnia,Nwannedia and Nwugo, beautiful Igbo women lead the protest successfully, and recently the case of Uju and the queen is a clear study of what their women is made of. God bless them.

Don't think that Igbo men will run away from their ancestral land to Benin republic or Cote D'Ivoire, they fight bravely and die as warriors..while others run and still die as cowards.
Yanmiri IPIG slave, so Ojukwu didn't run away in the middle of the night like a bitch? Didn't Namdiot coward Cownu also ran away only to be caught and caged like a lunatic monkey in the zoo cage?
OSU slave monkeys always claiming they are not yanmiri on social media .... brainwashed retar@ded Zombidient and lies are like 5 and 6.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by bigbros4real54: 11:02am On Sep 17, 2022
Biafra we need

Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by wowcatty: 11:03am On Sep 17, 2022
Igbos are so self-unaware, it's baffling!
kingthreat:

So you expect to kill a northern Prime Minister and Sardauna and no backlash. If Buhari was physically attacked on his visit to Imo, you think Igbos in all other parts of Nigeria will be safe? Not to even talk of him being assassinated. Stop supporting evil.

1 Like

Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by onuman: 11:03am On Sep 17, 2022
IamPlato:
. Nigga it is called war, what rules apply.

In times of war all that happens is death upon death, can't you see Ukraine?

Will you be people just shut up and let us rest abeg.

Are igbos the first people to b killed I'm a war?

Why blaming a Queen for the damage Nigerian government caused.

After all biafra had it's own allies

The Queen's Britain will make Tinubu became president of Nigeria, that's all in your brain to be harping on the Queen here.
FYI,
The War against Biafra was fought like a Jihad by Nigeria army under the command of Arewa Muslims. That explains the high death toll on the part of Biafra.
Muritalla Mohammed even assembled and murdered about 1000 civilians overnight in Asaba, Delta state.
The likes of Obasanjo and Adekunle Scorpion were used as shield by Jihadists Arewa that coordinated the war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by Vikalinda(m): 11:04am On Sep 17, 2022
Although I don't buy her idea and life style but a respects her bravery and intelligent presentation of fact.

1 Like

Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by Igboslayer: 11:05am On Sep 17, 2022
Igbojew:
Did you said Igbos started a war they could not win,hope you read the part it was because of the Britain timely intervention that save you coward Nigerians from annihilation from brave Biafra Soldiers(Igbos).So next time you and your coward people call brave Igbos chest beaters kindly look yourself in the mirror to know who is coward............I am that Igbojew the table shaker
I am the popular Igboslayer if you don't know... I leave blood of treacherous urchins in my wake. Jews wannabe, you forefathers were slaughtered like goat for their profound foolishness. Sadly you still live and wallow in these foolishness till this day.

Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by Proudlyomonna: 11:06am On Sep 17, 2022
kingthreat:

The Northern Prime Minister was Killed by Kaduna Nzeogwu a Daltian and a Northerner by Birth and Mind.
It was a Military coup a Military affair,it really shouldn't have any business with the unarmed Civilians.
Btw the killings never started in 1960 we remember the Kano genocide in 1953,We remember 1945 and many previous organized unprovoked killings.
The North always feared the Social-Economic Progress of Ndigbo.
The Igbos feared the strong Numbers of Political will of the North,if this two factors was utilized for better purpose perhaps we would have been enjoying a better Society today.

2 Likes

Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by Billygee2u: 11:08am On Sep 17, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by ASAPFERG1: 11:08am On Sep 17, 2022
You killed others, they kill you in thousand folds because the person you first killed is greater than you and now you ate crying?
You are a bastard grin grin grin
Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by onuman: 11:08am On Sep 17, 2022
Igboslayer:
I am the popular Igboslayer if you don't know... I leave blood of treacherous urchins in my wake. Jews wannabe, you forefathers were slaughtered like goat for their profound foolishness. Sadly you still live and wallow in these foolishness till this day.

When a parasite speaks.

You feel you will not survive if Igbo leaves Nigeria for Biafra. That's all about your Igbophobia.

1 Like

Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by NwokoloOwa: 11:08am On Sep 17, 2022
Prof, so even call T.B Joshua a thief.

Na wa-o for your-o
Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by rusher14: 11:08am On Sep 17, 2022
gidgiddy:

Trust me, if Britain had helped Nigeria kill over 3 million people from your ethnic group including members of your family, you would have wished far worse for the Queen

You lost a war.

Get over it.
Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by kingthreat(m): 11:11am On Sep 17, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

The Northern Prime Minister was Killed by Kaduna Nzeogwu a Daltian and a Northerner by Birth and Mind.
It was a Military coup a Military affair,it really shouldn't have any business with the unarmed Civilians.
Btw the killings never started in 1960 we remember the Kano genocide in 1953,We remember 1945 and many previous organized unprovoked killings.
The North always feared the Social-Economic Progress of Ndigbo.
The Igbos feared the strong Numbers of Political will of the North,if this two factors was utilized for better purpose perhaps we would have been enjoying a better Society today.

Bla bla bla. Make una kill Buhari and 2 governors call it a political affair.
Always claiming victim mentality and spewing hate like it is your mother tongue.
Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by Igboslayer: 11:11am On Sep 17, 2022
onuman:

When a parasite speaks.

You feel you will not survive if Igbo leaves Nigeria for Biafra. That's all about your Igbophobia.
Parasites? What did Igbos brings to the table apart from drugs trafficking, hate, anger and division. Nigeria will be better without your lot, we are all tired of your ethnocentric behaviour of been superior and yet you never built anything at home. Laslas, when we drive you back to your land lock enclaves, you will need Visa to visit delta, Benin and Lagos. Shebi na foolish una foolish àbí.

2 Likes

Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by Billygee2u: 11:11am On Sep 17, 2022
Rozross:
I support her on this, this British people actually did more harm than good
Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by 2Radii: 11:12am On Sep 17, 2022
Amb1045:
urchin noted, focus on your tribe history and stop interfering where you're not needed druggy.

Shot fired, one Batist down. Lol
Lanretoye said u always beg before u could eat, is it tru?? grin
Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by christistruth01: 11:14am On Sep 17, 2022

Re: Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya by richie240: 11:15am On Sep 17, 2022
Tajbol4splend:
The Igbos owe the North apologies for killing Sardauna of Sokoto Alhaji Ahmadu Bello and Alhaji Tafawa Balewa
....and ladle akintola and okotie eboh.... and d list goes on.
cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Remi Tinubu Faces Senate Panel Over Comments Made In An Interview / Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain / Hilda Ibifuro-Harrison Is Ondo's Police Commissioner (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.