Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) (30292 Views)

The Video Of LASTMA Officials Driving Against Traffic Happened In 2020 / Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off / Bus Driver Fights With LASTMA Officials After Passing One Way In Sabo, Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 3:39pm On Sep 17, 2022
temitope27:
Are they not officers, what if there are going for rescue
you sef de cr@se for head. Which rescue? LCC is the one who does rescues not LASTMA.
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 3:42pm On Sep 17, 2022
Bmaster:
if dey ain't on one way lane,how dey go take catch violators.?
How does this sound to you? So to catch a 1 way driver you have to face 1 way?
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by temitope27(m): 3:52pm On Sep 17, 2022
jaxxy:

where do u see police cars in the US u are trying to copy follow one way in the name going to rescuse?

who are they rescuing? They are not even the police or RRS. This is lastma like vio. Lolz
tell me whenever u see heavy traffic on US road
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 4:06pm On Sep 17, 2022
TGM2015:

The law and any reasonable law enforcement officers will never find you guilty of driving against traffic in any emergency cases. Also, the same law allows service vehicles (ambulance, police, even LASTMA) to drive against traffic if need arises.

But in the video the LASTMA has no justifiable reason to take one way but if it happens that someone breaks a traffic law and they find it necessary reasonable to that that one way and the man did what he did, he can be charge to court and can be find guilty the the officer can proof there was an arrest they are on to effect.

The man is wrong because he did not know why the service vehicle drove against traffic before obstructing them. I believe these officers were abusing their privilege in the first place, if not, the man will be arrest and charge for obstructing a valid and legal duties of a legal officer.
This guy na LASTMA tout. From the way he constructs his grammar you will know. “A legal duties of a legal officer” indeed. Person papa grin
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 4:08pm On Sep 17, 2022
gloryman91:
This is a marked vehicle, it might be emergency case.
so in an emergency a marked vehicle driving one way doesn’t in anyway threaten the safety of oncoming commuters isn’t that double standards?
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by armadeo(m): 4:19pm On Sep 17, 2022
duality:

You may be one of those rogue Lastma

What do you think Lastma do. Is it not to find how to get money from people? We know Lastma too much to agree with your statement. Besides, Lastma have no right to disobey traffic laws.

That guy na clown. He is being sarcastic
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by armadeo(m): 4:21pm On Sep 17, 2022
Treadway:
Hope to not get caught in this one-way web (cos not everyone knowingly drove into one-way), but if for whatever reason I do and my car is about to be impounded. I will invoke my last right to damage my car there and then. Lastma has the right to impound but only the court has right to grant forfeiture.. I will destroy that car before it ever gets to the yard or court. No One else will use it. Coke and mentos is all I need to do the trick, or just open the engine oil cap, with a sprinkle of bashed windscreen, windows and stabbed tyres. Na that day dem go see new display never seen before. If I will lose the car might as well lose it on my terms...I no go fight anybody, I go just kuma destroy the car. Lol

Sometimes the way some people reason gives me joy. If you're losing then lose on your own terms

Respect!!!
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by jaxxy(m): 4:32pm On Sep 17, 2022
temitope27:
tell me whenever u see heavy traffic on US road

Offcourse they have heavy traffic in certain populated areas. U don't enforce the law by breaking several laws. Lol
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by Bmaster(m): 4:33pm On Sep 17, 2022
INDUSTRIALFAN:
How does this sound to you? So to catch a 1 way driver you have to face 1 way?
to effectively discharge duties,LASTMA will need to dodge traffic,and that includes taking one way route
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by onysreal(m): 5:13pm On Sep 17, 2022
Totilopussylick:
These are the kind of people

Tinubu breed of all the time he was a governor in Lagos state tongue

Very stubborn species
Tinubu is your headache ��
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by gloryman91: 5:25pm On Sep 17, 2022
INDUSTRIALFAN:
so in an emergency a marked vehicle driving one way doesn’t in anyway threaten the safety of oncoming commuters isn’t that double standards?

Emergency have the right of way anywhere in the world.
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by Carlylepneuma: 7:39pm On Sep 17, 2022
The hunter became the hunted grin
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:08am On Sep 18, 2022
gloryman91:

Emergency have the right of way anywhere in the world.
not 1way sir. No part of the world do law enforcement ply 1 way
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:09am On Sep 18, 2022
Bmaster:
to effectively discharge duties,LASTMA will need to dodge traffic,and that includes taking one way route
be deceiving yourself. Make i see any of una de ply 1 way. We go drag am together. Show me what part of the traffic laws allows you to oly 1 way as a LASTMA official.
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by DAVE5(m): 8:32am On Sep 18, 2022
Kingpele:
Hahaha the BAT legacy of lawlessness and wickedness..why would you auction someone car simply because he drove against traffic...this is criminal..why not fine the person or put him or her in prison for many months as possible to deter others from driving against the traffic...well this the legacy of the ach Bishop of agbadorians..with him as president Nigeria will be in his pocket as lagos state..when they say turning Nigeria like lagos, this is what he meant...but my greatest fear is his terrorist vice Shettima

Both tinubu and shettima are as bad as each other, Lagos is a mini terror zone that no one would accept to admit, agberos currently own and rule lagos
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by JimmySwaggart(m): 10:11am On Sep 18, 2022
Bmaster:
if dey ain't on one way lane,how dey go take catch violators.?
they will catch them, you know why? The LASSMAN truck is supposed to be coming from the opposite direction, thereby they will easily block the vehicle of the traffic violator from the front, even if the offender start reversing back, na to dey follow am till Dem comot for the one way Lane and properly arrest the car owner. So Simple. But with this your claim, it means they will have to overtake the traffic offender from behind and double cross the person and in some cases could be very ghastly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian-canadian Citizen Illegally Detained By Border Patrol For 8 Months / Nissan Rouge Badly Smashed In Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photos) / Man Sets Train On Fire In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.