Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? (33429 Views)

My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator / My Hostile Neighbor / My Neighbor Demands 300k For Power Connection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by ATEAMS: 8:43pm On Oct 08, 2022
Oyyana
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by Irupetepete: 8:44pm On Oct 08, 2022
grin
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by messenger4891: 8:44pm On Oct 08, 2022
TheirFADA:
For crying out loud, Adjust and straighten the plantain tree so that the fruits will be inside you compound nah undecided

You suppose don know say that your neighbour na evil man, e go shock you say he really mean am when he talk say he go cut am o, you fit wake up tomorrow morning and not find it there again
@Op pls take the first paragraph .
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by tishbite41(m): 8:45pm On Oct 08, 2022
This one funny me die
By law, both of you have equal rights to the plantains but that ur neighbor na clown sha
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by Way4orward: 8:46pm On Oct 08, 2022
No...

Is a normal thing in my village then. When the owner harvest it, is now let for him/her to cut for his/her neighbor.
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by psalms37(f): 8:46pm On Oct 08, 2022
Your uncle knows his neighbor well. If he's a reasonable man, he can talk to him, but if not, let him strengthen the tree or cut it off totally. E better make we two lose than make you chop and threaten me on top my own labour.
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by Ngalbang1: 8:47pm On Oct 08, 2022
"Cujus est solum ejus usque ad coelum" If you know you know.
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by dorox(m): 8:47pm On Oct 08, 2022
In the UK anything on your side of the fence belongs to you.
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by CheapHomes1: 8:47pm On Oct 08, 2022
Kajaard:

No, he cannot harvest it because it's not his plantain, eventhough gravity pushed the harvest into the neighbours compound.

What of this?

Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 08, 2022
Preciousgirl:
My uncles plantain has fruited inside his neighbor s yard
The neighbor is claiming ownership of the plantain and threatens to harvest it soon

Please, who is right in this matter?

There's one here too, but this time, I'm the neighbor, so can I harvest it

Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by Kajaard: 8:49pm On Oct 08, 2022
CheapHomes1:

What of this?

Lol cheesy grin cheesy

You no well at all cheesy

Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by Ikem11(m): 8:49pm On Oct 08, 2022
grin
Just climb the fence hold the plantain and cut an carry enter your side simple.
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by ZaramT: 8:49pm On Oct 08, 2022
This nonsense you wrote how does it make you feel? If you were for sale whoever prices you more than 50cents doesn't know the worth of money

Robertgreene1:
Interesting
I know they all must be Igbos
We Igbo people nd family/Neigbour/in_laws wahala
Nsogbu anyi kariri akari...
Our wahala too much
SMH...
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by 2blessed01(m): 8:50pm On Oct 08, 2022
The neighbor has no f**king right to claim ownership....rather he should claim shareholder-ship angry
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by Prec60: 8:52pm On Oct 08, 2022
grin na to use rope drag the fruits come back my yard.
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by majesticguy: 8:52pm On Oct 08, 2022
CheapHomes1:

What of this?

This one even damaged the neighbors property. If I were the neighbor I'd cut it off.
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by MikeBetty(m): 8:53pm On Oct 08, 2022
TheirFADA:
For crying out loud, Adjust and straighten the plantain tree so that the fruits will be inside you compound nah undecided

You suppose don know say that your neighbour na evil man, e go shock you say he really mean am when he talk say he go cut am o, you fit wake up tomorrow morning and not find it there again
The problem is many of us always judge from one party's side of story. Why is it that we always leave the centre of the farm to plant plantain at the boundry and people's fence? Who repairs the fence if the weight of the plantain or fibrous root of the plantain breaks the fence? How many times had the owner of that house warned the owner of the plantain before its fruiting? We have to think before condenming people's action.

3 Likes

Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by NoToPile: 8:57pm On Oct 08, 2022
Romanoff:
Reminds me of the story from an English text book titled "the law is an ass".

Senior English project grin

1 Like

Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by CAPITALBEE: 8:57pm On Oct 08, 2022
Get someone else to work with you on repositioning the plantain tree so that the fruits can be in your compound.

Simple!
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by dyera(m): 8:58pm On Oct 08, 2022
ValCon888:
A very simple matter.
There's a fence demarcating the two properties.
The plantain belongs to the property where the tree has its root.

Guy according to the law, the plantain cannot be harvested by the owner without the permission of the neighbor. As the plantain has entered the compound of the neighbor, it can lawfully be harvested by the neighbor.

1 Like

Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by Emyogalanya: 9:00pm On Oct 08, 2022
Robertgreene1:
Interesting I know they all must be Igbos We Igbo people nd family/Neigbour/in_laws wahala Nsogbu anyi kariri akari... Our wahala too much SMH...
Are you so silly?
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 08, 2022
Op bring me your sense!!

1. find lather keep near the fence claim and push the plantain to the original position
2. look for a heavy stick to support the body of the plaintain
3. Push the body to the order side so that it won't fall back to the fence!!!

if you don't try this your nieghbour will cut am go sell
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by LuxInnovation1: 9:01pm On Oct 08, 2022
Jashub:
Whoever cuts it first has ownership grin

You said my mind grin grin
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by dyera(m): 9:02pm On Oct 08, 2022
2blessed01:
The neighbor has no f**king right to claim ownership....rather he should claim shareholder-ship angry

Now think about it, if you planted a guava tree by your fence and half of the branches grew to my compound, will you be able to pluck the guava from the branches in my compound if I don't allow you to enter my compound?

1 Like

Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by Msmither: 9:03pm On Oct 08, 2022
Whatever happens in this scenario that doesn't involve sharing, violence must occur.
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by BigCowHornn: 9:03pm On Oct 08, 2022
Preciousgirl:
My uncles plantain has fruited inside his neighbor s yard
The neighbor is claiming ownership of the plantain and threatens to harvest it soon

Please, who is right in this matter?

Sounds like the plantain grew inside your uncle's neighbor's compound or land.
If so the neighbor can claim it
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by Romanoff(f): 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2022
NoToPile:

Senior English project grin

You sabi.
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by Chasssy: 9:10pm On Oct 08, 2022
I just harvest one that look like this at my backyard grin...you don't need permission from nairaland before you carryout your evil plan
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by yetunsbay(m): 9:15pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ur plaintain na wahala one
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by maxtop(m): 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2022
The banana tree has trespass its boundary
Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by CaptainFM1: 9:17pm On Oct 08, 2022
When we were young and playing ball in our compound and the ball enters the next compound, they normally throw it back to us not until one wicked man moved into that compound and started to seaze our balls.

If you understand the above, you will know if you are a wicked or a nice person.

This is just nature trying to test how you and your neighbour relate. Whether you are nice to one another or wicked to one another, it's what you both do in this matter that will judge.

1 Like

Re: Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? by beejay85: 9:17pm On Oct 08, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:
It belongs to who planted it
If I planted it and my neighbor harvests it, I go beat crase commot for him head, tgats
Thats thiefery nau

Damn... nasty... I'm out of here
Whose compound got littered with dried up leaves before the banana got ripe for harvest? grin
Your honest answer is the answer u seek...
For the avoidance of doubt..IF I clean d trash...the bananas are mine cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Reasons To Move From Lekki To Ajah / Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX / Construction Project Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.