Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,747 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:58 AM

How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) (19831 Views)

How I Made My Chinese Rice With Chicken Sauce Pics / How To Prepare Asaro (Yam Porridge) / How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) by Slynation(m): 2:15pm On Sep 22, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
This yam porridge recipe popularly known as Asaro in Nigeria is so delicious. You will want to eat it always. This video gives a detailed easy to follow steps plus the recipe for pepper chicken sauce.

Ingredients:

Yam
Bell peppers (Tatashe)
Paprika peppers (Shombo)
Onions
Crayfish
Palm oil
Chicken
Seasoning Cubes
Salt to taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g72bolresbc

Steps:

Cut the yam in cubes and soak in water to avoid discoloration.
Blend the peppers
In a dry pot on heat pour in palm oil.
Add in chopped onions.
Add in the blended peppers.
Fry till dry.
Add in blended crayfish, seasoning and salt.
Add in water and the yam. The water should be the same level with the yam.
Cook till tender.
Squash the soft yams with your spoon or spatula to the degree you desire.
Serve and enjoy.
At what point would the chicken come in... because from the step 2, nothing concern chicken with the food...

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) by Kingozymandias(m): 2:25pm On Sep 22, 2022
IamBabsjnr:
Looks good.
big stomach comrades like me eat it with beans,come use chilled pepsi step down.
i fit trek from agege to oshodi after eating that combo.

This man ehn grin

You reminded me of my days when I used to work in Ikeja. There was this woman at otigba back gate who cooks asaro superbly... I don't miss it every morning with boiled eggs, 5 meat and big pepsi..

My then driver used to make sure once he drops me at the office he goes with my cooler to buy it grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) by Munzy14(m): 2:34pm On Sep 22, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
This yam porridge recipe popularly known as Asaro in Nigeria is so delicious. You will want to eat it always. This video gives a detailed easy to follow steps plus the recipe for pepper chicken sauce.

Ingredients:

Yam
Bell peppers (Tatashe)
Paprika peppers (Shombo)
Onions
Crayfish
Palm oil
Chicken
Seasoning Cubes
Salt to taste

Steps:

Blend the peppers
Add in chopped onions.
Fry till dry.
Cook till tender.
Serve and enjoy.
Weldone!

The video is clearer now..So I asked the vlogger and he said you can try Inshot vidoe editor and maker on Google play.

Some editing will even make you talkless and use writings to explain some things in the video.

But, I believe you will keep Improving as you grow in this..As long as you are passionate about it..

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) by MissJoy29(f): 2:35pm On Sep 22, 2022
Slynation:
At what point would the chicken come in... because from the step 2, nothing concern chicken with the food...
Just what I wanted to ask shocked
I was just reading the comments looking for the chicken maybe she dropped it in the comments instead of in the food grin grin

The food looks yummy & I like the oil & pepper & crayfish & onions frying method but I personally wouldn't mash the yams. I don't like mashed yam porridge.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) by Slynation(m): 3:06pm On Sep 22, 2022
MissJoy29:

I was just reading the comments looking for the chicken maybe she dropped in the comments instead of in the food grin grin

The food looks yummy & I like the oil & pepper & crayfish & onions frying method but I personally wouldn't mash the yams. I don't like mashed yam porridge.

Lol... grin grin I can prepare it but just want to know when the chicken sauce can be added...

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) by casppyjay: 3:40pm On Sep 22, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Ingredients:

Yam
Bell peppers (Tatashe)
Paprika peppers (Shombo)
Onions
Crayfish
Palm oil
Chicken
Seasoning Cubes
Salt to taste

Steps:

Blend the peppers
Add in chopped onions.
Fry till dry.
Cook till tender.
Serve and enjoy.
pottage Abi porridge? Asking on behalf of my sanity…

Nonetheless I appreciate the food ..

1 Like

Re: How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) by Carmal90(m): 4:03pm On Sep 22, 2022
I had to check the correct wording again..
I know this to be yam porridge and I am not wrong
Re: How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) by Eaglesence: 4:22pm On Sep 22, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Ingredients:

Yam
Bell peppers (Tatashe)
Paprika peppers (Shombo)
Onions
Crayfish
Palm oil
Chicken
Seasoning Cubes
Salt to taste

Steps:

Blend the peppers
Add in chopped onions.
Fry till dry.
Cook till tender.
Serve and enjoy.

Thank you for sharing

1 Like

Re: How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) by AngelicBeing: 4:42pm On Sep 22, 2022
cool

1 Like

Re: How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) by Tgb1: 4:57pm On Sep 22, 2022
Oh
Re: How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:06pm On Sep 22, 2022
Kingozymandias:

This man ehn grin

You reminded me of my days when I used to work in Ikeja. There was this woman at otigba back gate who cooks asaro superbly... I don't miss it every morning with boiled eggs, 5 meat and big pepsi..

My then driver used to make sure once he drops me at the office he goes with my cooler to buy it grin

Enjoyment!
Re: How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:11pm On Sep 22, 2022
Munzy14:

Weldone!

The video is clearer now..So I asked the vlogger and he said you can try Inshot vidoe editor and maker on Google play.

Some editing will even make you talkless and use writings to explain some things in the video.

But, I believe you will keep Improving as you grow in this..As long as you are passionate about it..

Thank you so much. I am grateful.
Yea, I observed it keeps getting better with practice. I appreciate the information.
Re: How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:38pm On Sep 22, 2022
MissJoy29:

I was just reading the comments looking for the chicken maybe she dropped in the comments instead of in the food grin grin

It's same process with the sauce before adding water to cook the yam.
In my case I grilled the chicken and added it into the pepper sauce.

It was an oversight.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:45pm On Sep 22, 2022
Slynation:
Lol... grin grin I can prepare it but just want to know when the chicken sauce can be added...

It's a separate dish. Same process with the sauce before adding water to cook the yam.
Re: How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:23pm On Sep 22, 2022
casppyjay:
pottage Abi porridge? Asking on behalf of my sanity…

Nonetheless I appreciate the food ..

Some call it porridge and some call it pottage.
Re: How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) by MissJoy29(f): 10:53pm On Sep 22, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

It's same process with the sauce before adding water to cook the yam.
In my case I grilled the chicken and added it into the pepper sauce.

It was an oversight.
Ok.....
Re: How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) by phemmyfour: 4:48am On Sep 23, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Ingredients:

Yam
Bell peppers (Tatashe)
Paprika peppers (Shombo)
Onions
Crayfish
Palm oil
Chicken
Seasoning Cubes
Salt to taste

Steps:

Blend the peppers
Add in chopped onions.
Fry till dry.
Cook till tender.
Serve and enjoy.
yam pottage or porridge
Re: How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) by Munzy14(m): 5:54am On Sep 23, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Thank you so much. I am grateful.
Yea, I observed it keeps getting better with practice. I appreciate the information.

You welcome.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:58am On Sep 23, 2022
phemmyfour:
yam pottage or porridge

Different pronunciation by different people.
Re: How To Make Tasty Asaro (Yam Pottage) Plus Pepper Chicken Sauce (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 6:47am On Sep 24, 2022
Gloriagee:
Me dey like add leaf, either scent leaf or green. Wehdone

Both vegetables go well with it too.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? / Grains Dealers Slash Prices In Kano / 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.