Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) (43827 Views)

Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (Tsaigumi) - The First Locally Made In Nigerian Drone / Man From Gombe & His Locally Made Vehicle Cause A Scene / Deaf Man Builds Locally Made Tipper Truck In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Electrochemistry(m): 8:40am On Sep 18, 2022
I pity your life! Merely looking at your contraption, it's obvious the center of gravity is in the wrong place in front of the coper. Imagine what will happen when you eventually hover. Then rather than getting glory you will become a laughing stock across the world. I trust the social media for that.
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Toratora: 8:41am On Sep 18, 2022
At least he should try making contact with Lockheed Martin or Boeing.
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by goslowgoslow(m): 8:44am On Sep 18, 2022
Totilopussylick:
He would have crash-land like tinubu is about to tongue
There is no thread you don't comment foolishly. Las Las you might crash land and die before Tinubu.
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by diggindeep: 8:45am On Sep 18, 2022
What if the unprotected blade cuts his head off?
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by humberjade: 8:45am On Sep 18, 2022
This one wants to commit suicide and also take people along with him.

Blades spinning everywhere without safety measures to protect himself, plus such tests are carried out in open fields with viewers and camera standing at a safe distance.

Kudos for trying, but it is doing it all wrong regarding safety measures.
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by chukel(m): 8:45am On Sep 18, 2022
This is extremely dangerous. Those blades can decapitate him.
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Superboss: 8:48am On Sep 18, 2022
How did this one want to kill himself like this?
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by caye(m): 8:50am On Sep 18, 2022
The negative feedback on this thread ,is probably being given by individuals who have never achieved anything meaningful, at least like a paper boat, in their entire lives.

Do we understand that this man had limitations of:
- finance
- local technological culture
- probably education

Yet, he still went ahead to try to overcome them.

The North Koreans of 1920s-30s ( or even 50s gaan); when they wanted to produce their first tractor, said that they made over 40 mistakes.
But they didn't stop till they perfected it.
Note:- American John Deere and Ford tractors had reached an enviable state of stability o!

Why do we African , not encourage ourselves to startup, regardless if the world has left us behind technologically 400 years, at least, our natural and spiritual nature shows that whatever an African is passionate for, he beats every other type of human at it.

Go and meditate on the African Pyramid builders.
We have to go back to Egypt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by SeaTrade(m): 8:55am On Sep 18, 2022
moralex:
I don't even think that rotor blades have the ability to tilt into an angle of attack to generate enough lift.
Complicated machine.

1 Like

Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Hanndye: 8:57am On Sep 18, 2022
Is this the best indigenous helicopter engineering at the moment? Nowadays people 'steal' technologies. Well, “That's one small step for man, one giant leap for NIGERIA'

2 Likes

Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by KosiGee(m): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2022
MatrixReloaded:
Their is nothing spectacular here.. This was poorly constructed and siting that he doesn't have the HSE to pull such stunt. In a sane clime he will be cooling his feet in jail pending when the prosecutor anyasis the video to see the extent this fo0l put his environment in jeopardy.

I concur. That was dangerous and he has put himself and his environment in danger. That contraption could’ve killed him. The rotor blade would’ve detached and caused serious damage to people around and the property.

He should be cautioned. On the positive side, he should be encouraged. He has the passion and zeal to make that machine work. He should go back to school and learn engineering. I doubt this man understands basic physics and mechanics.
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by JaskanFactor: 9:07am On Sep 18, 2022
the last person i saw doing this home made helicopter in india died when the blade of the helicopter failed and hit his head.
This guy posing danger to himself and those around him. He should be doing this far away on some field not near houses
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by peacettw: 9:08am On Sep 18, 2022
This is very dangerous. No helmet.. Absolutely nothing to protect him from any 'occupational' disaster.

I cringed when watching this.
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by BeanmanX(m): 9:09am On Sep 18, 2022
Jennifer663:
This is what they're good at!!! undecided
At least he did something,,,what have u ever done in ur life?
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by KosiGee(m): 9:12am On Sep 18, 2022
caye:
The negative feedback on this thread ,is probably being given by individuals who have never achieved anything meaningful, at least like a paper boat, in their entire lives.

Do we understand that this man had limitations of:
- finance
- local technological culture
- probably education

Yet, he still went ahead to try to overcome them.

The North Koreans of 1920s-30s ( or even 50s gaan); when they wanted to produce their first tractor, said that they made over 40 mistakes.
But they didn't stop till they perfected it.
Note:- American John Deere and Ford tractors had reached an enviable state of stability o!

Why do we African , not encourage ourselves to startup, regardless if the world has left us behind technologically 400 years, at least, our natural and spiritual nature shows that whatever an African is passionate for, he beats every other type of human at it.

Go and meditate on the African Pyramid builders.
We have to go back to Egypt.

Mister, stop supporting nonsense. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. What that man did and attempted in that video was risky and highly dangerous.

He was lucky that machine didn’t take off. His friends and relatives would be planning his funeral by now or contributing finance to treat the life threatening injuries he would’ve gotten…we are talking of the people around him or imagine that scrap taking off, then spiral and end up clashing into the roof if that building.

You need certain level of knowledge, education, qualification, resources and strict safety measures to attempt certain things. Even if he was an aeronautic engineering genius, that wasn’t the right environment to couple, weld and attempt to fly that.

His action there should be investigated and he should be cautioned.
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 18, 2022
BeanmanX:
At least he did something,,,what have u ever done in ur life?
Something even your parents couldn't do and will never reach my level
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Zico5(m): 9:19am On Sep 18, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

Of truth, this helicopter is how Tinubu look , if we want Nigeria to crash totally, let's vote in the Iragbiji prodigal son.
I will personally campaign against that Ur Peter Obi. You know he is going no where before. I may hate him before but I want to see u Obi supporters cry and go back to Ur Biafra agitation. We shall see
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by TenQ: 9:21am On Sep 18, 2022
Latestreport1:
Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPi_qqZy8zU

Nigerians react to a recent video shared online captioning the moment a Man trying to fly a locally made helicopter

Thankfully it didn't take off because this would have been disastrous. I am not saying he didn't try, but he should have added safety mechanisms to protect his life. Imagine if that thing had taken off, how will he land it?

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CimpEyxuX0q/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
I salute this man!

1. He isn't rich and probably financed everything you are seeing with his meagre resources
2. He scratch-built this helicopter. He doesn't have supplies of ready-made components like Engines, Propellers, Gears, Control mechanisms
3. He isn't highly educated: he would have put on Suit and Tie. LOL

People who are no creative will not understand the hurdles he went through to achieve this.

In better climes, he would have been their Elon Musk!

Observation:
1. His helicopter is tail heavy, the CG should move forward
2. He didn't have a pitch control for his main propeller. It would be impossible to fly without a variable pitch control (Swash plate).
3. His engine is Diesel, meaning heavy and slow control response.
4. The engine power can probably lift him off the ground if he perfects the above

Once again, I salute this man.

Only fools will crucify this man!
This is still the best helicopter made in Nigeria till date!

2 Likes

Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Tinyemeka(m): 9:25am On Sep 18, 2022
Jakumo:
This engineer/pilot was merely working off the inspiration he got from the legendary Hungarocopter that is on display in the below video clip.

You will not see more skillful helicopter piloting anywhere, but the way. Watch the amazing control this man has over his machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8tUT74YgWo

I'm shocked.

I'm not a pilot, but I understand that rotary wing aircrafts are much more difficult to fly than fixed-winged planes. This person is most likely a skilled helicopter pilot who decided to take his hobby to a higher level. He's not just a flying aficionado.

It's also curious to note that his machine does not generate too much wash during operation.

I'm sure he'd have embarked on a lengthier flight, but restricted himself to within the compound due to lack of an operational permit for his aircraft.

Cool dude!

2 Likes

Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Burchester: 9:28am On Sep 18, 2022
Lol
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by caye(m): 9:36am On Sep 18, 2022
KosiGee:

Mister, stop supporting nonsense. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. What that man did and attempted in that video was risky and highly dangerous.

He was lucky that machine didn’t take off. His friends and relatives would be planning his funeral by now or contributing finance to treat the life threatening injuries he would’ve gotten…we are talking of the people around him or imagine that scrap taking off, then spiral and end up clashing into the roof if that building.

You need certain level of knowledge, education, qualification, resources and strict safety measures to attempt certain things. Even if he was an aeronautic engineering genius, that wasn’t the right environment to couple, weld and attempt to fly that.

His action there should be investigated and he should be cautioned.

Ẹkáàbọ̀.
Negropeans.

Dem sabi the English pass the Englanders.

And they know nothing about their own culture.

Go and research on how the airplanes were being developed in 1910-1920s.
It was trial and error.

While acknowledging the risk involved taken by the man, the real deal is ENCOURAGEMENT not pull-him-down!

Don't worry, shebi you are importing even Ankara fabrics which you used to produce before in the 50s- 70s, from China presently...in next 25 years , your descendants might be clueless about how to make ordinary brooms.

Keep on discouraging the trying man.
E Pele o.
Sorry....you hear.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Perfecttouchade: 9:38am On Sep 18, 2022
The metals are too heavy to be lifted, that's should be the main problem he's not flying
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by opius: 9:43am On Sep 18, 2022
Suicide mission grin grin grin
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:48am On Sep 18, 2022
Latestreport1:
Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPi_qqZy8zU

Nigerians react to a recent video shared online captioning the moment a Man trying to fly a locally made helicopter

Thankfully it didn't take off because this would have been disastrous. I am not saying he didn't try, but he should have added safety mechanisms to protect his life. Imagine if that thing had taken off, how will he land it?

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CimpEyxuX0q/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

The owner of that car should ask the chopper pilot where he got the paint he used on his copter.

I suspect misappropriation of green paint!
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by hotseat: 9:48am On Sep 18, 2022
The guy be like those broomstick flying objects at night.

Edo guys and dames, how una see am?

Na joke o!

Seriously speaking, people like this, with support and tutelage backed by the government, private organizations or individuals, Nigeria would get it right someday.

Rome, they say, wasn't built in a day!

Kudos, young man!
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by BeanmanX(m): 9:48am On Sep 18, 2022
Jennifer663:

Something even your parents couldn't do and will never reach my level
U are nothing but just a liability,,,my parents that u are talking about can feed your whole lineages.
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by hope4nigeria(m): 9:55am On Sep 18, 2022
Dapson73:

Says an empty brain . Instead to encourage the guy,he's here making politics of every issue.

Spits on all Obituarists.
encourage him to die? Are you alright?
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Sixfiguresmart(m): 9:56am On Sep 18, 2022
jaxxy:

Load of crap. Nobody is going back to obsolete tech when they are far ahead of the game. Employ him to do what?? when they did better stuff than this more than 100 years ago?

Do u know the level of tech in a helicopter now? This a junk compares to it. Don't flatter or decieve urself.

Anybody in the west who employs sm1 for this is doing it out of pity to encourage them or use them as artisans. Tech engineering has gone far beyond this in the west bt in Nigeria we are still dining with mediocrity.

That thing he made can get him or somebody else killed. U test such in a safe location or open field not infront of ur house or where people live.

That man should be arrested and warned.
Okay sir
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 18, 2022
Totilopussylick:
He would have crash-land like tinubu is about to tongue

PandoraObi you see wetin I dey see so cheesy

Have you wasted energy today? Come and waste your energy by defending your oga. cheesy
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Sixfiguresmart(m): 10:06am On Sep 18, 2022
rusher14:

Pulling figures from your ass.

20 people indeed.

You think those countries don't have their own geniuses with even greater access to tech?
heard you sir
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by WVTech: 10:15am On Sep 18, 2022
Even the cameraman get mind o grin grin grin
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by tishbite42: 10:29am On Sep 18, 2022
ThrustReverser:
I'm sure the cross-section of that his rotor is not even shaped as an airfoil not to talk of being inclined at an angle of attack. How do you expect the 'ox' standing fan blade to generate lift undecided
Someone should give him Rajput's fluid mech. text cry
Oga Boss, u sabi aerodynamics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night / Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park / Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.