Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,272 members, 7,853,334 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:37 PM

Jesus, Our Saviour. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus, Our Saviour. (135 Views)

Fear Not, Your Saviour Is Here!! - Joseph Prince / The Experience Lagos 2017 "Jesus Our King" (Live Thread) / The Experience 2018 "Jesus Our Peace" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jesus, Our Saviour. by AbundantLife05: 5:59am On Sep 18, 2022
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
JESUS, OUR SAVIOUR. Acts 4:11-12.
For Jesus is the one referred to in the Scriptures, where it says, ‘The stone that you builders rejected has now become the cornerstone.’ [12]There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.” NLT.

Dear friends, what is salvation? Salvation means deliverance and preservation. This is what we are considering this morning, as we will try to ascertain that salvation (deliverance and preservation) is only found in Jesus through the design of God. Don’t forget that our text in verse 12 says that God has given us no other name under heaven by which we must be saved apart from the name of Jesus. This implies that God is the only one that can get people saved, that is his business and he gets people saved through his one and only begotten son Jesus.

The question this entails is that how does salvation work. You see salvation works by God delivering you from the nature of sin through Jesus. The word of God delivers us from the hold of sin and it goes on to preserve us in this corrupt world until we see him in glory. So, Jesus is the plan of God to save us from sin and to preserve us until we see God. This means that salvation is continuous. 1 Peter 1:8-10: You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy. [9]The reward for trusting him will be the salvation of your souls. [10]This salvation was something even the prophets wanted to know more about when they prophesied about this gracious salvation prepared for you. NLT. The ultimate experience of salvation is seeing Christ in heaven where we will receive a crown of never ending glory and honour. 1Pet 5:4.

Now, let me quickly talk about Jesus who is our saviour. God gave birth to him to deliver and preserve us from sin and other things that may affect our lives. His mission was captured in his name “Yehoshua” which means the Lord is the saviour and he did this during his lifetime here on earth as he delivered people from sicknesses, diseases, demonic influences and ultimately he delivered us from sin through his death and resurrection. If you do not get anything from today’s teaching, I want you to get this; Jesus delivers and preserves us from sin. 1 John 3:9: Those who have been born into God’s family do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of God. NLT. It does not end there, he delivers us from sickness, diseases and demonic oppression. Matthew 4:23-24: Jesus travelled throughout the region of Galilee, teaching in the synagogues and announcing the Good News about the Kingdom. And he healed every kind of disease and illness. [24]News about him spread as far as Syria, and people soon began bringing to him all who were sick. And whatever their sickness or disease, or if they were demon possessed or epileptic or paralyzed—he healed them all. NLT.

Therefore, if you are yet to accept the saviour’s work by giving your life to him, I implore you to do so now by saying this prayer wholeheartedly; Dear Jesus, I confess you as my Lord and saviour today, please save me and be my lord and I will be your witness till the end. Amen. If you have recited the prayer wholeheartedly, I congratulate you and I welcome you to the family of God. Make sure you join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.
God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Feelings Of Guilt- Are They Always Bad? / Can Muslims Eat Pork, Non Halal Kpomo, And Drink Alcohol? / Encounter With Jesus Christ Crucified In This October 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.