Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane (1177 Views)

Falana: Benin Republic Refused To Put Igboho On A Plane Sent By Nigeria / Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots / El-Zakzaky Spotted In A Plane Heading To India For Medical Treatment (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by Magnoliaa(f): 10:31am On Sep 18, 2022
So I read this beautiful, beautiful story posted by a Twitter user, Iruefi XXL (@IruefiNG), and it was a great read cheesy.

I am sharing it here for others to read and enjoy, and maybe think on too:

A plane I boarded made an emergency landing at an abandoned airstrip after the pilot indicated that he was actually unfit to fly a commercial plane, he then asked if there was any pilot or anyone with reasonable flight experience on board, 3 men raised their hands.

The pilot then made us (the passengers) choose from the 3 men but first it was required that they speak and show proof of their license to fly a plane of that capacity.

The first man stood up. He presented his license and certifications as a commercial pilot of a smaller plane.

He told us how he flew a commercial plane for 8 years and how he was able to navigate the heavy turbulence he frequently encountered mid-air. He showed us a workable plan on how he intended to fly us to our desired destination. He took a bow and sat down. We applauded him.

It was time for the second man to speak. He managed to stand with the assistance of his friends who also boarded. We immediately protested and made it clear to him that he apparently was unwell and so couldn't be allowed to fly the plane, his friends fought back.

Whilst his friends were arguing with us on why he should be allowed to fly, the man kept muttering "it's my turn", we decided to give him a benefit of doubt and finally allowed him to speak. We asked him, "your turn to do what?". He responded, "it's my turn to fly this plane".

All the passengers were seemingly speechless, totally gobsmacked. He then went on to brag about how he even helped the current pilot become the pilot of this plane despite not being qualified for the position. He reiterated that it was now his turn to fly the plane.

We asked him to show his licences before we could proceed. It turned out to be that the man had flown another plane in the past which he verily mismanaged and was currently in a terrible condition. We also discovered that the man had been stealing the plane's maintenance fund.

We demanded an explanation to these discoveries but his friends on the plane fought us, again. They told us that all these discoveries didn't matter and that the only agenda now was to ensure that he flies the plane, to which we firmly rejected, a war of words ensued.

It was in this heated argument that the third man who had already been forgotten stood up and yelled that he should be allowed to speak. We then asked him to present his qualifications. He presented his license but had in fact never flown a plane as he was only a co-pilot.

We also discovered that as a co-pilot for 8 years, he was known for siphoning the plane's maintenance funds and had built an empire out of it, just like the second man. We rejected him and told him that we didn't want what happened to his former plane to happen to ours.

At this point we had heard from all three supposed pilots and we had to make a choice, remember that we were in an abandoned airstrip and didn't know the danger that could be out there.

The first man reiterated his commitment to fly the plane diligently to our destination.

The second man re-emphasized that it was his turn to fly the plane and nothing would stop him despite his illness and negative precedents that trailed him, he went ahead to instigate some passengers to chose him over the other 2 on the basis that they shared a common ethnicity.

Some of the passengers who shared the same ethnicity fell for the bias, but majority of them stood their ground and insisted that he was not fit to fly the plane. At this point, most of us had already pitched our tent with the person we saw as the most qualified, the first man.

The second man's friends decided to make up stories to ruin the first man's reputation, but we didn't take their word for it, we did our research, verified and saw that all the allegations were false and that indeed, the first man is truly who he says he is.

The third man who we had forgotten, again, yelled out. "I am still here", this got our attention and even though we didn't really want him to speak because we had practically made up our minds, he went ahead to quote a copied strategy which he even found difficult to interpret.

He also had a clown, his name was "mockery the clown", his job was to annoy those who didn't support his boss, throughout this whole time mockery didn't let the first man be, he was a nuisance, we had to bundle and tie him up after which we dumped him in the plane's toilet.

The third man didn't particularly have any strategy and so he decided to induce the passengers by bribing them with wads of dollar bills, some really hungry ones collected the money and decided to support him, they were only a few tho, an insignificant number.

The second man continued his entitled demand of reiterating that it was his turn. At this point, his friends who were also crooks like him decided not to tell the passengers why their man was in the best position to fly the plane, they focused on trying to ridicule the first man.

The first man however didn't let any of their moves affect him as he focused on educating the passengers on why he was the best, he even went from seat to seat to engage everyone, he didn't discriminate. In a short while, it became apparent to all of us that he was the favourite.

Meanwhile, mockery the clown is still tied up in the plane's toilet where we bundled him, he has been talking to himself, but he thinks people are actually listening.

Well, what else would you expect from a clown if not make a jest of himself?

cc: nlfpmod

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by Magnoliaa(f): 10:32am On Sep 18, 2022
If you were in this plane with us, who would you choose amongst the 3 men?

1st Man

9 Likes

Magnoliaa:
1st Man

2nd Man

1 Like

Magnoliaa:
2nd Man

3rd Man
Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by PraizHim: 10:36am On Sep 18, 2022
See one of the Pilots below for a country of 200Million population

2 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by Deprofessional(m): 10:42am On Sep 18, 2022
PETER OBI, the first man

TINUBU, the second man

ATIKU, the third man.

This writeup is so apt and described perfectly the life and character of the aspirants.

Nigeria has the last chance of survival. Whatever happens, people should live with the choices they made.

Buhari destroyed Nigeria. OBI is on a mission to revive it. Tinubu is on a mission to bury it.

For Atiku, Nigeria is not a fulani Republic.

6 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by Anigreat: 10:49am On Sep 18, 2022
shocked

I don't need to read it to know that PETER GREGORY OBI is the best pilot of all time while Tinubu and Atiku are the worst miserable rotten pilot.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 18, 2022
An interesting read smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by tommy589(m): 10:59am On Sep 18, 2022
Believe any Nigerian politician at your own risk

No politician offers anything to Nigerian than hope,and hope gives people the will to forge on. I stopped hoping on any of them a long time ago. Possible I start to have hope again, if the constitution is changed and our politics is no longer an investment venture

We all see Buhari,the incorruptible today.I told those that expected sterling performance from him to expect failure

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by Harkstetunz: 8:52pm On Sep 18, 2022
Based on the write-up, any sane individual would choose the first pilot grin

3 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by DamnnNiggarr: 8:53pm On Sep 18, 2022
shocked

FAAN, save us the stress and hand over the plane's keys to the first pilot.

No time for nonsense.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by Michelle70(m): 8:58pm On Sep 18, 2022
Magnoliaa:

1st Man
u forgot that the first man crashed his plane and didnt take the persengers to their destination.

The second man was a seasoned pilot who actually flew his plane well but now he is not fit to fly it, he is old and shaking

The third man was a co pilot who never flew a plane.

infact the main pilot was clueless
Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by Magnoliaa(f): 9:11pm On Sep 18, 2022
Michelle70:
u forgot that the first man crashed his plane and didnt take the persengers to their destination.

The second man was a seasoned pilot who actually flew his plane well but now he is not fit to fly it, he is old and shaking

The third man was a co pilot who never flew a plane.

infact the main pilot was clueless

Right. So the 2nd Man flew well but the first did not in your books? grin Great bias.

That aside, we're talking about the present specifically. On the plane. The first man has his license and certifications complete and verifiable and can show it to you. You wouldn't trust a pilot whose qualification you can verify or is nonexistent, would you?

Also, can you call Segun Odegbami and his likes to come and play for Nigeria at the next World Cup, lol? Sake of say they were *good* in the past? If none of the pilots are now unfit, na who come dey fit to yourself? You?
Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by Michelle70(m): 9:15pm On Sep 18, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Right. So the 2nd Man flew well but the first did not in your books? grin Great bias.

That aside, we're talking about the present specifically. On the plane. The first man has his license and certifications complete and verifiable. You wouldn't trust a pilot who's qualification you can verify, would you?

Also, can you call Segun Odegbami and his likes to come and play for Nigeria at the next World Cup, lol? Sake of say they were *good* in the past?
if u read my comment, i wasnt really giving credit to any of the pilot.

Do not call me bias just because u have accepted to reason in a particular way that favoured your own pilot.

All the passengers have their reasons why they want any of the pilot.
First u have to listen to their own fancies instead of insulting and calling them bias.
With this mentallity, the passengers wont come to a conclusion.

thanks
Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by Magnoliaa(f): 9:22pm On Sep 18, 2022
Michelle70:
if u read my comment, i wasnt really giving credit to any of the pilot.

Do not call me bias just because u have accepted to reason in a particular way that favoured your own pilot.

All the passengers have their reasons why they want any of the pilot.
First u have to listen to their own fancies instead of insulting and calling them bias.
With this mentallity, the passengers wont come to a conclusion.

thanks

No, it is a bias. smiley (And it is not an insult).

The fact that you see nothing good in the first man's administration, but think the second did well tells me all I need to know.

It is exactly the same way I think the first man performed way better than the second, even though the second one has a few good reports to his name. But there are countless red flags surrounding him.

I never said you were supporting anyone, and you know what, you can leave the conclusion to the rest of us all you like, LMFAOO, na all of us dey the same plane (unless you're flying another airline sha).

But if you're in this plane in question, if e crash, na everybody e go touch las las...so be quiet and don't participate, you hear? Hm-mmm.
Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by Michelle70(m): 9:26pm On Sep 18, 2022
Magnoliaa:

No, it is a bias. smiley (And it is not an insult).

The fact that you see nothing good in the first man's administration, but think the second did well tells me all I need to know.

It is exactly the same way I think the first man performed way better than the second, even though the second one has a few good reports to his names. But there are countless red flags to him.

I never said you were supporting anyone, abd you know what, you can leave the conclusion to the rest of us all you like, LMFAOO, na all of us dey we same plane (unless you're flying another airline sha).

But if you're in this plane in question, if e crash, na everybody e go touch las las...so be quiet and don't participate, you hear? Hm-mmm.
Its personal preference but i didnt see any thing that convinced me that any of these pilots are qualified.

As far as i am concerned, they are below standard where each of them having specific flaws that could crash the plane.

But oh! they are the only pilots we have now in the plane, therefore sooner or later, i will decide.

Unlike u lots, i take my time to decide who i'll choose and my decision cant be influenced by what u all say. i am waiting for them to tell the people how they will pilot the plane
Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by Magnoliaa(f): 9:39pm On Sep 18, 2022
Michelle70:
But oh! they are the only pilots we have now in the plane, therefore sooner or later, i will decide.

Oh. You will still decide ni? When it's about 5 months to the election? Ok.

Unlike u lots, i take my time to decide who i'll choose and my decision cant be influenced by what u all say. i am waiting for them to tell the people how they will pilot the plane

I wish you luck and the wisdom in picking the best candidate to lead the nation.

Have a good night.
Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by Michelle70(m): 9:44pm On Sep 18, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Oh. You will still decide ni? When it's about 5 months to the election? Ok.
election? so there will be election sef? which means there will be campaign, so i have my chance to choose

I wish you luck and the wisdom in picking the best candidate to lead the nation.

Have a good night.
candidate, nation?
i thought we are talking about pilots and plane here?

Ya, do dream of me

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by N3TRAL: 9:50pm On Sep 18, 2022
Worst possible Allusion.

Stick to diary keeping !

2 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by Magnoliaa(f): 9:55pm On Sep 18, 2022
N3TRAL:
Worst possible Allusion.

Stick to diary keeping !

Hullo, there, fan. cheesy

I am pleased to know you find my diaries enjoyable. Anyway, I am not the writer of the story.
Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by Magnoliaa(f): 10:02pm On Sep 18, 2022
Michelle70:
election? so there will be election sef? which means there will be campaign, so i have my chance to choose

No. There won't be an election, there'll be a coronation. undecided

candidate, nation?
i thought we are talking about pilots and plane here?

Of course, I was talking a pilot candidate, and the Nation Airways.

Ya, do dream of me

Erhh, sorry, but I'm not trans as you have a female name and a male (m) indicator for your moniker.
Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by Michelle70(m): 10:06pm On Sep 18, 2022
Magnoliaa:

No. There won't be an election, there'll be a coronation. undecided
if there will be election, then there will be campaign and every pilot will tell us how he intends to fly the plane, i'll choose when i hear them speak

Of course, I was talking a pilot candidate, and the Nation Airways.
u unrepented liar

Erhh, sorry, but I'm not trans as you have a female name and a male (m) indicator for your moniker.
whaaat? u mean u dont dream of angels?

Good night abeg, i have to go to bed, i need to go to work 2moro
Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by Magnoliaa(f): 10:11pm On Sep 18, 2022
Michelle70:
whaaat? u mean u dont dream of angels?

Good night abeg, i have to go to bed, i need to go to work 2moro

Make sure to steer clear of agbado and cassava. I will be praying for your Obidience in advance.

grin Good night.
Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by N3TRAL: 10:21pm On Sep 18, 2022
Magnoliaa:

I am pleased to know you find my diaries enjoyable. Anyway, I am not the writer of the story.

In October 2020 you were at the forefront of Endsars riot on Nairaland. The most gruesome police brutality story was scripted while the "best pilot" flew a small plane grin

Below from 2020

https://www.nairaland.com/6185561/dead-bodies-dropped-ezu-river

https://www.nairaland.com/6184295/james-nwafor-armageddon-called-awkuzu

Below are from 2013:

https://www.nairaland.com/1385484/30-lawyers-set-battle-anambra

https://www.nairaland.com/1468214/letter-governor-obi-unlawful-detention

You're just another cancel culture sheep.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by Magnoliaa(f): 10:50pm On Sep 18, 2022
N3TRAL:
In October 2020 you were at the forefront of Endsars riot on Nairaland. The most gruesome police brutality story was scripted while the "best pilot" flew a small plane grin

Below from 2020

https://www.nairaland.com/6185561/dead-bodies-dropped-ezu-river

https://www.nairaland.com/6184295/james-nwafor-armageddon-called-awkuzu

Below are from 2013:

https://www.nairaland.com/1385484/30-lawyers-set-battle-anambra

https://www.nairaland.com/1468214/letter-governor-obi-unlawful-detention

You're just another cancel culture sheep.

Look at this one? cheesy It is me you want to shame for being woke? Bra and paynt, I am an Internet-loving Generation Z evening newspaper.

If you knew me from as far back as 2020, then you would have seen the number of labels I attach to my signature.... from expired product to slay queen to terf to sharwama lover and Indomie-and-egg kind of cook.

If you push it too much, I just might update my signature to include "cancel culture sheep." Just keep at it grin. You could alternatively apply for being my biographer, from the online aspect, 'cause I am convinced I need one at this point, lmao.

So where were we, leaving the drags aside?

Peter Obi has spoken extensively on making policing a state affairs. Both ASUU (striking) and SARS are federal government issues turn rotten. There was so only much PO could do... if those matters were within his control, he would definitely not have allowed them gotten to that stage of inhumane killings and life-derailing strikes.

SARS was out of Obi's executive powers as a governor.

Read and purge your heart of bile and ignorance.

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1312670649190617089?t=n11w0IxE2wWTC6EcWiuazA&s=19

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theeagleonline.com.ng/notorious-ex-sars-officer-speaks-on-alleged-connection-of-peter-obi-with-ezu-river-killings/%3famp=1

Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by N3TRAL: 10:55pm On Sep 18, 2022
Magnoliaa:

In 2019, today's first pilot who is now the best thing after slice bread was the First Officer (Vice President) for yesterday's Captain (today's third pilot who is incompetent).

He told all the passengers in the plane to trust today's third pilot to captain the plane. He believed so much in the captaincy of today's third pilot.

They fought from the Court of Appeal to the Supreme Court together in their Pilot training school till the end of 2020. From 2021 until May 2022 , today's first pilot was today's 3rd pilot's schoolmate and colleague at their Pilot Training College (PDP).

He dropped out of the elite college at the fall of May 2022 and joins a mushroom flying college. He then becomes the most competent pilot in history grin

In the aviation industry, flight hours is the most crucial component of a pilot's CV.

Nowhere in the world, apart from Twitter and Nairaland, would a First Officer who told every passenger that his Captain was the best in 2019 still tell the same passengers that his Captain is not qualified in 2022.

Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by Magnoliaa(f): 10:59pm On Sep 18, 2022
Neutron abi Nutri-C or whatever you call yourself, I am joining no issue with you anymore.

Wo... night have night. I have given you your token of attention, so have a good REM sleep.
Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by N3TRAL: 11:30pm On Sep 18, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Look at this one? cheesy It is me you want to shame for being woke? Bra and paynt, I am an Internet-loving Generation Z evening newspaper.

If you know me from as far back as 2020, then you would have seen the number of labels I attach to my signature.... from expired product to slay queen to terf to sharwama lover and Indomie-and-egg kind of cook.

If you push it too much, I just might update my signature to include "cancel culture sheep." Just keep at it grin. You could alternatively apply for being my biographer, from the online aspect, 'cause I am convinced I need one at this point, lmao.

So where were we, leaving the drags aside?

Peter Obi has spoken extensively on making policing a state affairs. Both ASUU (striking) and SARS are federal government issues turn rotten. There was so only much PO could do... if those matters were within his control, he would definitely not have allowed them gotten to that stage of inhumane killings and life-derailing strikes.

SARS was out of Obi's executive powers as a governor.

Read and purge your heart of bile and ignorance.

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1312670649190617089?t=n11w0IxE2wWTC6EcWiuazA&s=19

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theeagleonline.com.ng/notorious-ex-sars-officer-speaks-on-alleged-connection-of-peter-obi-with-ezu-river-killings/%3famp=1

I guess I fall within Generation Y age range grin.

I was so sure you'd bring up the generation z spectrum crap like I'm not in my early 20s. When your life is controlled by social media feeds and your most "credible sources" are screenshots of retweets , a freethinker can predict your robotic response 9/10 times.

Do you think the traditional ASUU industrial actions are just because of investment in tertiary education only? One of the demands of ASUU is that IPPIS should be suspended as their payment framework and UTAS adopted instead. IPPIS is used by the bulk of Federal Government employees, why should there be a special treatment for ASUU? How will other employees feel?

Let me teach you today, the only lasting solution to ASUU strike is to increase fees of tertiary institutions by at least 100% for a start. It is called "The Problem of Dirty Hands".

No Federal Public University in Nigeria pays above $200 which is low for even qualitative basic studies anywhere in the world. It is very low to provide standard education in a bankrupt country.
The sessional fees of a good private secondary school in any Nigerian town is more than the cumulative fees for an undergraduate course in Federal Universities across the country.

Whenever there was regime change as far as the 80s, successive military governments never failed with the reassurance that ASUU strike would never occur. When democracy came in 1999, the leaders of the new republic swore to bring a permanent end to ASUU strikes.

Your candidate proposes that trillions should just be released to ASUU grin

Do you know how much previous governments have given to ASUU?

Nigerians want welfarism with the privileges available to capitalist societies. The only bad thing Buhari has done regarding ASUU is letting the strike endure longer than it has ever in the last 40 years!

Below , national dailies from 1981.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by yyba: 12:05am On Sep 19, 2022
Announcement nairalanders , don't bother reading it. It is full of thrash and senseless imaginations . Thank you
Magnoliaa:
So I read this beautiful, beautiful story posted by a Twitter user, Iruefi XXL (@IruefiNG), and it was a great read cheesy.

I am sharing it here for others to read and enjoy, and maybe think on too:

cc: nlfpmod
Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by RingRoadMafia: 5:48pm On Nov 07, 2022
Nlfpmod Mukina2 Seun this satire deserves FP

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by Searchingvictor: 2:39pm On Apr 05, 2023
No p
Re: A Tale Of Three Pilots And A Plane by Mantul: 10:52pm On Nov 15, 2023
Magnoliaa:
Neutron abi Nutri-C or whatever you call yourself, I am joining no issue with you anymore.

Wo... night have night. I have given you your token of attention, so have a good REM sleep.

Have you read The Name of the Wind

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brazil Cannot Field Pele In Today's Match .obi On His Comment On Tinubu Health / ' No Northerner Will Leave Their Brother And Vote Any Southerner' Opinion. / Tinubu Whatsapp Group - Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.