Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,467 members, 7,850,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:10 AM

Why Can't Live Google Map Be Used To Locate Criminals Hideouts - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Can't Live Google Map Be Used To Locate Criminals Hideouts (615 Views)

Security Operatives Raid Criminal Hideouts In Ibadan, Recover 23 Stolen iPhones / EFCC Raids Yahoo Boys’ Hideouts In Ekiti, Arrests 37 (photos) / 39 Suspected Yahoo Boys Arrested In Hideouts In Osun And Ogun (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't Live Google Map Be Used To Locate Criminals Hideouts by TruthinAction: 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2022
The thought just occurred to me unless I am not well informed. I thought there is Google map that can be used to show places in real time. So, why can't it be used to trace criminals hideouts in the forests. At least forests in the North are not as dense as those in the south.

Can someone please educate me. I am willing to learn.
Re: Why Can't Live Google Map Be Used To Locate Criminals Hideouts by iamwilliamsfx(m): 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2022
TruthinAction:
The thought just occurred to me unless I am not well informed. I thought there is Google map that can be used to show places in real time. So, why can't it be used to trace criminals hideouts in the forests. At least forests in the North are not as dense as those in the south.

Can someone please educate me. I am willing to learn.

Because they are the ones sponsoring them

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Live Google Map Be Used To Locate Criminals Hideouts by Nukilia: 5:35pm On Sep 18, 2022
It won't happen when the terrorists are busy watching DSTV in DSS cells grin
Re: Why Can't Live Google Map Be Used To Locate Criminals Hideouts by faruqa97: 5:48pm On Sep 18, 2022
There is nothing as such, Google map uses pre-captured data or images, they are not real time, it would even be impossible for satellite to do so as it takes weeks to arrange the data.

You'll be shocked that some Google map images are captured by airplane or drones (you can even contribute images), I hope it is clear now.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Live Google Map Be Used To Locate Criminals Hideouts by holluwizzy: 6:18pm On Sep 18, 2022
There are other means of tracking...

The bandits or kidnappers do call the family members, 30secs is enough to know the location with adequate software.
Re: Why Can't Live Google Map Be Used To Locate Criminals Hideouts by TruthinAction: 10:54pm On Sep 18, 2022
iamwilliamsfx:

Because they are the ones sponsoring them

So, why can't human right groups take it up with the government?

Why don't Nigerians in diaspora protest against this evil. They are too quiet for my liking. If they think what is happening in Nigeria doesn't concern them because of the comfort they are enjoying abroad, they may not have a country to return to if these wicked people succeed in their plans.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Live Google Map Be Used To Locate Criminals Hideouts by NNTR: 10:54am On Sep 19, 2022
TruthinAction:

Why don't Nigerians in diaspora protest against this evil. They are too quiet for my liking. If they think what is happening in Nigeria doesn't concern them because of the comfort they are enjoying abroad, they may not have a country to return to if these wicked people succeed in their plans.

You clearly have identified a deviant and social ill behaviour problem, so why not take this further as a crusade, to bring awareness to using Global Positioning System technology (i.e. GPS), similar to GPS tracking system installed on cars.

Read link below:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/she-didn-t-know-her-kidnapper-he-was-using-google-n1252472

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Why Can't Live Google Map Be Used To Locate Criminals Hideouts by HarlequinLekex: 11:00am On Sep 19, 2022
TruthinAction:

They should talk and get killed within hours and no one would know where they bury their bodies
Re: Why Can't Live Google Map Be Used To Locate Criminals Hideouts by TruthinAction: 12:42pm On Sep 19, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
They should talk and get killed within hours and no one would know where they bury their bodies

I understand.
Re: Why Can't Live Google Map Be Used To Locate Criminals Hideouts by TruthinAction: 8:03pm On Sep 25, 2022
HarlequinLekex:

The death they are afraid to die will still catch up with them sooner or later. An average Nigeria is a coward. If we were South Africa that was oppressed with apartheid regime, we would never have been free.

(1) (Reply)

Like Delta, Ibadan Youths Stage Protest Against EFCC (photos) / Father Imprison, Beat, And Starve His Daughter For Refusing Arranged Marriage / President Elect Bola Tinubu Thank Nigerians For Voting Him As Governor Of Nigeri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.