Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

- Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / (694 Views)

/ ££##456&#@@@#£ / (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by akwesenana: 6:12pm On Sep 18, 2022
Re: by cokeryusuf09(m): 7:36pm On Sep 18, 2022
akwesenana:
Ok. I'm 21 now, I had admission in 2017 to study Architecture at the University of Uyo. For some reasons, I dropped out after my first year. I'm now stable and I want to pursue a career in IT. Is it worth going to start allover again (writing JAMB and all that considering the strike has created a vacuum in the education system) or I should learn IT on my own?

I need advice please.
if you aim is to go to school, how affordable and pleasant is it to combine your current work with school, if no go tonational open university

1 Like

Re: by akwesenana: 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2022
cokeryusuf09:

if you aim is to go to school, how affordable and pleasant is it to combine your current work with school, if no go tonational open university
Thanks, could you shed more light on NOUN? I've heard about it.
Re: by PoliteActivist: 2:02am On Sep 19, 2022
Of course learn IT skills is much better, BUT do you have the DISCIPLINE to actually do it?? I very seriously doubt it. That's why it is always best to go to school - at Ieast you are FORCED to make some progress. Or you can wake up 4 years from now and find you neither went to school nor studied IT

2 Likes

Re: by akwesenana: 2:08am On Sep 19, 2022
PoliteActivist:
Of course learn IT skills is much better, BUT do you have the DISCIPLINE to actually do it?? I very seriously doubt it. That's why it is always best to go to school - at Ieast you are FORCED to make some progress. Or you can wake up 4 years from now and find you neither went to school nor studied IT
Thanks for your input sir.
Re: by dangoteinlaw: 6:24am On Sep 19, 2022
Go to which school if I may ask, the ones that are on strike?
For your building project, Dm me for your architectural and structural drawings. WhatsApp me via number on my signature.

1 Like

Re: by akwesenana: 6:38am On Sep 19, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
Go to which school if I may ask, the ones that are on strike?
For your building project, Dm me for your architectural and structural drawings. WhatsApp me via number on my signature.
Strike should end before the turn of next year.
Re: by dangoteinlaw: 6:48am On Sep 19, 2022
akwesenana:

I pray so
Re: by sageb: 6:54am On Sep 19, 2022
akwesenana:
Ok. I'm 21 now, I had admission in 2017 to study Architecture at the University of Uyo. For some reasons, I dropped out after my first year. I would like to pursue a career in IT now. Is it worth going to start allover again (writing JAMB and all that considering the strike has created a vacuum in the education system) or I should learn IT on my own?

I need advice please.

You made me remember those days in Annex campus. Architecture boys are always busy in the studio.
why did you leave?
Re: by akwesenana: 7:27am On Sep 19, 2022
sageb:

You made me remember those days in Annex campus. Architecture boys are always busy in the studio.
why did you leave?
Family issues.

Lol. Mr Essien no still well for any body. grin
Re: by Sucre6: 8:39am On Sep 19, 2022
akwesenana:
Ok. I'm 21 now, I had admission in 2017 to study Architecture at the University of Uyo. For some reasons, I dropped out after my first year. I would like to pursue a career in IT now. Is it worth going to start allover again (writing JAMB and all that considering the strike has created a vacuum in the education system) or I should learn IT on my own?

I need advice please.

You have chosen a right part, go back to school but make sure u engage in your IT alongside, sky is only your starting point cool

1 Like

Re: by akwesenana: 8:39am On Sep 19, 2022
Sucre6:

You have chosen a right part, go back to school but make sure u engage in your IT alongside, sky is only your starting point cool
I appreciate boss.
Re: by sageb: 10:18am On Sep 19, 2022
akwesenana:
Family issues.
Lol. Mr Essien no still well for any body. grin
Alas! sorry for that. IT is so broad, which aspect do you have a flair for? Have you left Uyo or you still reside in Uyo?
Your answer will enable me advice you.
Re: by cooooooks(m): 10:29am On Sep 19, 2022
Lol. Don't bet on it.
akwesenana:

Re: by akwesenana: 10:29am On Sep 19, 2022
sageb:

Alas! sorry for that.
IT is so broad, which aspect do you have a flair for?
Have you left Uyo or you still reside in Uyo?

Your answer will enable me advice you.
Stiil in Uyo sir. Planning on leaving though.
Re: by akwesenana: 10:30am On Sep 19, 2022
cooooooks:
Lol. Don't bet on it.
Ok. I meant end though.
Re: by HarlequinLekex: 12:37pm On Sep 19, 2022
What this ASUU strike is doing me is not good at all?
Re: by sageb: 11:49am On Sep 20, 2022
akwesenana:
Stiil in Uyo sir. Planning on leaving though.
IT is broad, which aspect of IT are you interested in?
Re: by akwesenana: 8:30pm On Sep 20, 2022
sageb:

IT is broad, which aspect of IT are you interested in?
Web development sir

Sorry for the late replies.
Re: by sageb: 7:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
akwesenana:
Web development sir
Sorry for the late replies.
Go to Aptech and enroll for their web dev course training. or Go to start innovation hub
These are reputable institutes in Uyo
Re: by akwesenana: 7:37pm On Sep 22, 2022
sageb:

Go to Aptech and enroll for their web dev course training.
or
Go to start innovation hub

These are reputable institutes in Uyo
Ok. Thanks.
Re: by Eleyigidgan: 10:43pm On Sep 22, 2022
sageb:

why did you leave?
had one babe then that year studying the course.
that was far back 2007.

1 Like

Re: by CakesToolsOvens(f): 9:11am On Sep 23, 2022
Go to school.

I can't stress it enough.
Go to school and get a degree.

Go back to school Mr poster.
Re: by akwesenana: 9:37am On Sep 23, 2022
CakesToolsOvens:
Go to school.

I can't stress it enough.
Go to school and get a degree.

Go back to school Mr poster.
Ok Ma

Thanks for your input.

(1) (Reply)

US Supreme Court Outlaws Affirmative Action In University Admission, Says Race C / Phd POF For Student Visa In Quebec Canada / Msc Engineering Schorlarship In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.