Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,735 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Islam And Christianity Compared By 20 Points - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam And Christianity Compared By 20 Points (486 Views)

Ahmad Amadi, Muslims Leader Denounces Islam, Converts To Christianity (Photos) / Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons / Abdulrahman Yahaya Threatens Kadaria Ahmed For Converting To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam And Christianity Compared By 20 Points by faithsurvey: 7:29pm On Sep 18, 2022
Islam And Christianity compared by 20 points

1- Belief of God:
Islam: Only one God (monotheism). God is the Creator of all things that existed, existing or would exist. God has always existed and would never die. None of His creations resemble Him, He cannot be seen in the present life, but He sees all. He alone controls all things and affairs.

Christianity: Trinity : Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Claimed god died and rose from death after 3 days
-------------------------------------------------------------------

2- Mode of worship:
Islam: Five pillars: Strong believe that there is one God and Muhammad is His messenger (shahadah); prayer five times daily; fast during Ramadan; charity to the poor ones(zakat); pilgrimage, constant remembrance of God and to always try to please Him.

Christianity: Prayer of requests and delivery, weekly Sunday church attendance, Sacrament, (some branches),reading of the Bible, singing, dancing, drumming in the church, giving of tilt, communion.

3- Means of salvation:
Islam: Belief in one God and not to make anyone or anything equal to Him. Observing all the 5 pillars of Islam, (faith in oneness of God, 5 daily prayer, fast during Ramadan; charity to the poor ones(zakat); pilgrimage), remembrance of God, repentance, fear of God, hope in God's mercy and to refrain from all evil, forbiden and unlawful acts.

Christianity: Through Christ's Passion, Death, and Resurrection of Jesus. Following religious laws is not biding.

4- Belief about Jesus:
Islam: Muslims believe Jesus to be a perfect, sinless, highly revered Prophet and a messenger of God. His name in Arabic is Isa ibn Mariam (Jesus the son of Mary). Jesus was immaculately conceived through God, but is not God or the son of God

Christianity: Son Of God. Second person of the Trinity. God the Son.

5- Ressurection of Jesus:
Islam: Denied because God raised Jesus to him and he will return before end of time to finish his life, correct any confusion about his teachings and restore order to the world.

Christianity: Affirmed

6- Day of worship:
Islam: Prayer five times daily is obligatory. Friday is the day of congregational prayer, obligatory for men, but not for women.

Christianity: Sunday (most denominations), Saturday (Seventh-Day Adventist, Seventh-Day Baptist)

7-Belief:
Islam: Belief in one God, who has sent messengers with revelation and guidance for humanity so they may be guided to good & who have came with both good news and a warning, the last & final messenger being Muhammad.(SAW)

Christianity: The Nicene Creed sums up Christian belief in the Holy Trinity.

8- On Clothing;
Islam: Women must present themselves modestly to cover hair and body shape. Men must be modestly dressed and covered from waist to knee. In most Muslim culture, women wear a form of the hijab; in some, they must wear the full-body cover known as the burqa.

Christianity: Conservative Christians dress modestly; women may wear long skirts or dresses; men may wear dress clothes that do not show the chest, legs, and arms. More moderate or liberal Christians generally reject such clothing restrictions.

9- Belief about Jesus:
Islam: Muslims believe Jesus to be a perfect, sinless, highly revered Prophet and a messenger of God. His name in Arabic is Isa ibn Mariam (Jesus the son of Mary). Jesus was immaculately conceived through God, but is not God or the son of God

Christianity: Christianity belive jesus as son of god. Second person of the Trinity. god the Son.

10- Human Nature:
Islam: Humans are born pure, innocent and without any sin. However, upon reaching adolescence, you are responsible for what you do, and must choose right from wrong. Islam also teaches that faith and action go hand-in-hand.

Christianity: Man has inherited "original sin" from Adam. Mankind then is inherently evil and is in need of forgiveness of sin through the believe in the blood of Jesus. By knowing right and wrong Christians choose their actions. Humans are a fallen, broken race in need of salvation and repair by God.

11- Position of Mary:
Islam: Mary (Mariam/Miriam) receives significant admiration from Muslims. She is mentioned many times in the Holy Quran. She is said by the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW) to be one of the four best women that God created. She is free of sin as the mother of Jesus.

Christianity: Mother Of Jesus. Revered in all denominations. Degree of reverence varies from denomination.

12- View of Jesus:
Islam: Jesus was a perfect, sinless, highly revered Prophet and a messenger of God. Jesus was immaculately conceived through God, but is not God or the son of God. Jesus did not die but ascended to heaven. So there was no resurrection.

Christianity: Christian believe in god in human form, "Son of god, " savior. Death by crucifixion. Christians believe Jesus rose from the dead, was taken up into heaven, and will return during the Apocalypse.

13- Life after death:
Islam: All beings created with reason will be accountable to God Almighty on the Day of Judgement. They will be rewarded for every atom's weight of good, and either forgiven or punished for evil deeds.

Christianity: Eternity in Heaven or Hell, in some cases temporal Purgatory.

14- On Afterlife:
Islam: Eternal life in heaven (paradise) for the true believers and hell (torment) for the disbelievers. All believer sinners who were not forgiven will later be forgiven and admitted into the paradise.

Christianity: Eternal life in heaven (paradise) or hell (torment). Some Catholics believe in purgatory (limbo, temporary punishment).

15- Religious Law:
Islam: Shariah law (derived from Quran and Hadith) governs prayers, business transactions, and individual rights, as well as criminal and governmental laws. Religious debate, or 'Shura' is utilized for practical solutions to contemporary issues

Christianity: Varies among denominations. Has existed among Catholics in the form of canon law.

16- Prophets:
Islam: God sent thousands of divinely inspired messengers to guide mankind. These include Prophets Adam, Solomon, David, Noah, Abraham, Ismail, Issac, Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad(SAW) There are 124,000 prophets, who were sent to all the world's nations.

Christianity: Prophets in the Bible are venerated.

17- Marriage:
Islam: slam is totally opposed to monasticism and celibacy. Marriage is an act of Sunnah in Islam and is strongly recommended. Men can only marry the "people of the book" i.e., Abrahamic religions. Women can only marry a Muslim Man.

Christianity: A Holy Sacrament.

18- About the Religion:
Islam: Islam consists of individuals who believe in Allah as the only one true God and that no other God beside Him. Worshiping other false gods beside Him makes one an unbeliever who deserve Eternal punishment if he/she died in that state. Muslims believe that the One God who created all things is the only true God and none else is God.

Christianity: Christianity broadly consists of individuals who believe in the "deity" Jesus Christ. Its followers, called Christians, often believe Christ is "the Son" of the Holy Trinity and walked the earth as the incarnate form of god ("the Father"wink

19- Important Tenets:
Islam: The Five Pillars of Islam plus other moral obligations

Christianity: The Ten Commandments, The Beatitudes.

20- Concept of Deity:
Islam: God (Allah) is the only God and is all-powerful and all knowing.

Christianity: 1 God, in 3 Divine Persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

ALSO WATCH A FORMER PASTOR WHO CONVERTED MORE THAN 1,000 PASTORS INTO ISLAM. SEE VIDEO BELOW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV_voGtH5pA
Re: Islam And Christianity Compared By 20 Points by bnadam21: 2:36am On Sep 20, 2022
I'm not happy being a Muslim, I hated Islam with all my soul, I just pray and attend mosque out of the fear of stigmatization or death, the truth is, there's no love, understanding and tolerance in Islam, just so much hate and are quick to get judgemental, God please help me, I really want out.

1 Like

Re: Islam And Christianity Compared By 20 Points by ANTllSLAAM: 8:29pm On Sep 21, 2022
Why can't you Muslims believe in Muhammad to be sinless and perfect rather than believing in Jesus Christ to be a perfect, sinless and highly revered Prophet?
Re: Islam And Christianity Compared By 20 Points by motayoayinde: 8:24pm On Sep 22, 2022
bnadam21:
I'm not happy being a Muslim, I hated Islam with all my soul, I just pray and attend mosque out of the fear of stigmatization or death, the truth is, there's no love, understanding and tolerance in Islam, just so much hate and are quick to get judgemental, God please help me, I really want out.

OF COURSE THERE'S LOVE FAIRNESS, UNDERSTANDING AND TOLERANCE IN ISLAM.

FOLLOW WHAT ISLAM TEACHES.
DON'T FOLLOW WHAT MUSLIMS DO.

THERE'S A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE IN THE TWO.
Re: Islam And Christianity Compared By 20 Points by bnadam21: 8:42pm On Sep 22, 2022
This is very unlike an average Muslim, I was expecting a crude and harsh response from my Muslim brothers, you really showed maturity and tolerance, how I wish all Muslims are like you, the actions of many Muslims have taken the desire to continue being a Muslim out of my heart, the truth is, the way we treat people with contrary opinions is repulsive.
motayoayinde:

OF COURSE THERE'S LOVE FAIRNESS, UNDERSTANDING AND TOLERANCE IN ISLAM.

FOLLOW WHAT ISLAM TEACHES.
DON'T FOLLOW WHAT MUSLIMS DO.

THERE'S A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE IN THE TWO.
Re: Islam And Christianity Compared By 20 Points by motayoayinde: 7:47am On Sep 23, 2022
bnadam21:
This is very unlike an average Muslim, I was expecting a crude and harsh response from my Muslim brothers, you really showed maturity and tolerance, how I wish all Muslims are like you, the actions of many Muslims have taken the desire to continue being a Muslim out of my heart, the truth is, the way we treat people with contrary opinions is repulsive.

YOU'RE RIGHT BROTHER.

LOTS OF EXTREMISTS AND HARSH PEOPLE IN OUR FOLD WHO ARE MOSTLY IGNORANT.
THEY TOO FOLLOW WHAT OTHER PEOPLE (like them) SAY.

WHEREAS THE QURAN AND THE PROPHET'S SUNNAH ARE FULL OF COMMANDMENTS ON KINDNESS, CHARITY, GOOD NEIGHBOURLINESS etc ALL IN THE SERVICE OF THE ONE TRUE EVERLASTING GOD (ALLAH).

PLEASE SEEK AND STICK TO WHAT HE AND HIS PROPHET SAY AS YOU WILL ACCOUNT ONLY FOR YOUR OWN DEEDS.

SALAAM BROTHER.

(1) (Reply)

. / Still Don't Know / Ramadan Preparation: Ten Tips To Prepare Your Family For Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.