Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others (28706 Views)

FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I / Bashir El-rufai: Atiku Paid For A Waiver To Travel to USA / APC Confirms Jonathan’s Membership In Bayelsa, Awaits NWC Waiver To Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by RepoMan007: 9:44am On Sep 19, 2022
RZArecta:
Yet ordinary Nigerians have to cope with increased calls and data tariffs, multiple electricity tariffs increases every year, fuel price increments every year even after the govt has told us severally that subsidy has been reduced. We have not even spoken about the multiple taxations various states terrorise their residents with. Nigerians need tax reliefs too
They make us believe the waivers are too enable employers employ more hands but these guys go for the most advanced technology that bypasses the need for more hands often.
They prefer to tax the voiceless masses and lie to us to get votes. Consider the fact that these waivers hardly reflect in good prices and you see the error in such waivers.

2 Likes

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by stanluiz(m): 9:46am On Sep 19, 2022
Temptee101:
Just imagine !

SA earned $107 billion
Nigeria - $15 billion

Yet they keep giving waivers to the likes of dangote, bua, dantata and co...all from one region

While import duty affecting the common man was increased from $402 to $422

What a country ?

The thing tire me my brother shocked Nigeria is a sick that is run by Lunatics! That's why the Nation is retrogressing every single day.

I don't know if Someone place Dangerous curse of bad leadership in Nigeria ? It is terrible

1 Like

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by brandsoncharlie: 9:48am On Sep 19, 2022
omowolewa:
So they tax poor to pay the rich
There’s even a deficit in the national budget workers need increase in salaries and ASUU yet the government is giving a tax waiver.
Africa will never get better.
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by RepoMan007: 9:49am On Sep 19, 2022
havenz:
16 trillion grant to one part of the country, Buhari is evil and full of nepotistic character.

I can't wait for Buhari administration and the whole of APC to rest in exile.
This is asides the allocation of oil prospecting licences that were secretly handled o. By the time these people finish with us, Nigeria will be look like they were under PDP for 64 years and not 16 years.
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by brandsoncharlie: 9:55am On Sep 19, 2022
AsawanaDgreat:
This kind of huge amount for a country that is Brooke later they will go and borrow
Na mumu country na, there’s a colossal deficit in the national budget, they proposed to go balance it by borrowing yet they’re giving waivers.

1 Like

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by RepoMan007: 9:56am On Sep 19, 2022
Moh247:
cool

We really need more minds like Dangote

America keeps protecting their investors all around the world but Africans won't

Innosun , Dangote , Allen Onyeama , Rabiu of Biu group

The sensible thing to consider is, at whose expense is that interest being protected? How many people can Dangote employ? You waive his own tax but expect a small kiosk cooking and serving noodles (indomie), bread and and tea to remain in business and grow then pay tax. How is that going to ever happen? Dangote imports wheat to produce spaghetti, same wheat in noodles and bread. The kiosk is in almost direct competition with Dangote going by the fact that spaghetti, noodles and bread are substitute foods and have wheat in common, but(the kiosk) has no waivers because she has no voice again unlike Dangote.
The only advantage the kiosk holds at the end of the day is the preparation of the indomie and bread. No wonder spaghetti is relatively cheaper.

1 Like

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by tctrills: 10:03am On Sep 19, 2022
INTEGRITYA1:
Area of interest.

“The whole idea of incentives is to grow the economy. When you are growing the economy, you are not only looking at revenue, you are looking at employment and multiplier effects. In the medium to long term, you will get this revenue by the time you are able to grow these investments.

If we have significant impact of all these are the main concern.
You give Waivers to the biggest and richest companies and forget the small and medium enterprise. Any economy that picks winners and losers is bound to fail. If you want to give tax breaks, let it be across board and not a few selected companies.

1 Like

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 19, 2022
Temptee101:
Just imagine !

SA earned $107 billion
Nigeria - $15 billion

Yet they keep giving waivers to the likes of dangote, bua, dantata and co...all from one region

While import duty affecting the common man was increased from $402 to $422

What a country ?

Okay, let us raise the tax income in Nigeria.

And people like you would call government oppressive then

Recall when government tried to get MTN to pay up taxes, you guys were opposed? You guys were accusing government of trying to drive out MTN.

Anytime government tries to raise tax income, you will complain of raised prices and of people coming to chop your money or that we are too poor to pay tax.

Even South Africa that you are praising, most SA don't pay taxes. Less than 7 million pay tax for the rest of the population. In Nigeria , less than 30% of the taxable population pays taxes. Most people do not.

And in both countries a huge chunk of the tax is collected from, you guessed it, big coprorations

1 Like

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 19, 2022
havenz:
16 trillion grant to one part of the country, Buhari is evil and full of nepotistic character.

I can't wait for Buhari administration and the whole of APC to rest in exile.

Is Honeywell and Lafarge owned by Fulanis?
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 19, 2022
stanluiz:
The thing tire me my brother shocked Nigeria is a sick that is run by Lunatics! That's why the Nation is retrogressing every single day.

I don't know if Someone place Dangerous curse of bad leadership in Nigeria ? It is terrible

Yet when it was time for government to collect taxes from MTN, you people were protesting and complaining!

Dangote by the way is still paying tax. All his salaried workers are probably paying taxes on their salary, plus the taxes they still pay to state governments where they operate and the countries where he has factories. Waiver only works in Nigeria, not Ethiopia or drc.
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Temptee101(m): 10:11am On Sep 19, 2022
Kasssandra:

Okay, let us raise the tax income in Nigeria.

And people like you would call government oppressive then

Recall when government tried to get MTN to pay up taxes, you guys were opposed? You guys were accusing government of trying to drive out MTN.

Anytime government tries to raise tax income, you will complain of raised prices and of people coming to chop your money or that we are too poor to pay tax.

Even South Africa that you are praising, most SA don't pay taxes. Less than 7 million pay tax for the rest of the population. In Nigeria , less than 30% of the taxable population pays taxes. Most people do not.

And in both countries a huge chunk of the tax is collected from, you guessed it, big coprorations

How is the comparison I gave so difficult for you to understand.

You increase taxes of the average Nigerian while giving tax waivers to the super wealthy businessmen.
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Spanki(f): 10:18am On Sep 19, 2022
Islie:
• S’Africa earned $107bn tax revenue in 2021, Nigeria $15bn, behind Kenya, Angola

https://punchng.com/fg-grants-n16tn-waiver-to-dangote-honeywell-others/?amp

Why not deduct the money for ASUU from this amount of money and waive the balance? Why is the educational sector of this country not taken as a priority? Why??
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by RepoMan007: 10:28am On Sep 19, 2022
Blackfire:
The FG should give dangote more free hand ... he deserves it
See this one.
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by HRMK: 10:32am On Sep 19, 2022
and same government cant afford #1.1trn for ASUU?GOD DEY OOOH!
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Killermamba: 10:46am On Sep 19, 2022
Islie:
• S’Africa earned $107bn tax revenue in 2021, Nigeria $15bn, behind Kenya, Angola

https://punchng.com/fg-grants-n16tn-waiver-to-dangote-honeywell-others/?amp
How will this help the common man
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 19, 2022
Temptee101:

How is the comparison I gave so difficult for you to understand.

You increase taxes of the average Nigerian while giving tax waivers to the super wealthy businessmen.

No, you increase taxes for everyone...because every Nigerian, rich and poor , does not pay enough taxes.

And my comment is to point out a fallacy Nigerians make. You guys complain about how bad things are, yet when told how the bad things are to be fixed, you start a new round of complaints.

The fact is, we don't earn enough income from taxes in Nigeria.....period. Our tax to gdp ratio is too low, and a big reason is because......most of the population, RICH AND POOR AND MIDDLE....do not pay taxes to the federal coffers.

Fix that problem, and we might get somewhere.

But no, you are too interested in playing oppressors and sufferers....with you as the sufferer. Until your side wins.

Modifed...Here ist source of my informantion

In 2018, 19 million Nigerians paid into federal or state coffers, according to government data.

A World Bank report in that year put the country's economically active population at 65 million - so even with rising numbers of taxpayers in recent years, that is still less than 30% paying tax

The government has been going after individuals that it believes are liable for tax and have not been paying.

Two years ago, the country offered a 12-month amnesty for Nigerians to declare and pay taxes on all previously undeclared income and assets to avoid penalty payments and possible prosecution.

A World Bank report last year said this was only partly successful with just 8% of the target achieved by the end of the amnesty period.

However, many Nigerians will be reluctant to pay taxes because of concerns the money raised may be siphoned off instead of being spent on health, education and other public services.
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Lungdick: 10:56am On Sep 19, 2022
16 trillion? And they said no money to pay ASUU. I'm pained l swear grin

If the judge order them to resume may the almighty God pu nish him greatly and all those related to him. He'll suffer loss upon loss.
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by freemanq(m): 11:27am On Sep 19, 2022
Waste of time and data no surprised duo
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by deflover(m): 11:42am On Sep 19, 2022
Blackfire:

Yes yes he deserves even ur kidney to be used as sun glasses grin

1 Like

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Temptee101(m): 11:49am On Sep 19, 2022
Kasssandra:

No, you increase taxes for everyone...because every Nigerian, rich and poor , does not pay enough taxes.

And my comment is to point out a fallacy Nigerians make. You guys complain about how bad things are, yet when told how the bad things are to be fixed, you start a new round of complaints.

The fact is, we don't earn enough income from taxes in Nigeria.....period. Our tax to gdp ratio is too low, and a big reason is because......most of the population, RICH AND POOR AND MIDDLE....do not pay taxes to the federal coffers.

Fix that problem, and we might get somewhere.

But no, you are too interested in playing oppressors and sufferers....with you as the sufferer. Until your side wins.

Modifed...Here ist source of my informantion

Here yourself out !

How can you say Nigerians aren't taxed enough? Is it until the air we breathe is taxed?

Is it that we aren't taxed enough or the inability to properly account for these taxes?

What has Nigerians benefited from the tax they paid over the years?

Our taxes keep increasing on a daily basis, last week FG increased import duty from $402 to $422, telecoms 5% increase on calls and data, 7.5% on VAT, electricity tariff etc, yet the income of an average Nigerian remains the same.

Unemployment and inflation are at the highest peak.

Compare the income per capital of Nigeria to other countries or their minimum wage to ours that is less than $50 or even their infrastructure.

All the govt talks about is tax, tax and more tax. What are Nigerians getting as dividends?

They same tax collected is looted by them.

The same tax payers money was used to build railway to Niger republic and over 1.4B given to their govt

If you still don't get my point then I can't help you. Keep worshipping and empowering your oppressors.

1 Like

Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by samcolee(m): 11:50am On Sep 19, 2022
franchasofficia:
Hahahaha

"The Making of Aliko Dangote by Various Nigerian Presidents" an expository book written by yours Franchasng.

Excerpt from my book, chapter 3, page 56:

Aliko Dangote gets FOREX waivers every year for over 20 years running now. That FOREX waiver he gets from Nigerian government alone can make a bicycle repairer in Ifetumodu a billionaire in few years.

Imagine dollar is sold for 450 at the black market, and CBN gives you a waiver to obtain dollar from CBN at 280, you then buy dollar worth 10billion and resell to black market at 430, change your profit margin. And sometimes you obtain this dollar at this ridiculous rate and move it abroad to acquire goods, raw materials and equipment and bring back to Nigeria to compete with fellow entrepreneurs and industrialists that bought same dollar at 470, tell me why won't you be the richest man?

Nigerian government is the reason so many Nigerians are extremely poor while few favored Nigerians are extremely rich.

South Korea was one of the poorest countries in the 1970s but today they are among the 15th richest countries on earth, and one of the technology hubs of the world exporting no natural mineral resources, just technology, expertise and culture.

Where can I get a copy
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 19, 2022
Temptee101:

Here yourself out !

How can you say Nigerians aren't taxed enough? Is it until the air we breathe is taxed?

Is it that we aren't taxed enough or the inability to properly account for these taxes?

What has Nigerians benefited from the tax they paid over the years?

Our taxes keep increasing on a daily basis, last week FG increased import duty from $402 to $422, telecoms 5% increase on calls and data, 7.5% on VAT, electricity tariff etc, yet the income of an average Nigerian remains the same.

Unemployment and inflation are at the highest peak.

Compare the income per capital of Nigeria to other countries or their minimum wage to ours that is less than $50 or even their infrastructure.

All the govt talks about is tax, tax and more tax. What are Nigerians getting as dividends?

They same tax collected is looted by them.

The same tax payers money was used to build railway to Niger republic and over 1.4B given to their govt

If you still don't get my point then I can't help you. Keep worshipping and empowering your oppressors.

I gave you the proof, but you refused to consider it.

Good am to you.
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Lawalemi(m): 12:47pm On Sep 19, 2022
Mr. Failure has now reversed to the old way od running economy after all his tactics failed.
He threw away old tactics while he never had one except to mouth anticorruption.
Now he knows that you don't condenm other when you have no idea to make things better
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by caye(m): 12:47pm On Sep 19, 2022
Blackfire:

You goofed and made a big mistake.
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Cromagnon: 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2022
omowolewa:
So they tax poor to pay the rich
rich provide jobs for the poor otherwise there's nothing to tax
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Cromagnon: 1:12pm On Sep 19, 2022
RZArecta:
Yet ordinary Nigerians have to cope with increased calls and data tariffs, multiple electricity tariffs increases every year, fuel price increments every year even after the govt has told us severally that subsidy has been reduced. We have not even spoken about the multiple taxations various states terrorise their residents with. Nigerians need tax reliefs too
ordinary Nigerians get jobs that they would otherwise not
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by Yankee101: 1:17pm On Sep 19, 2022
This is nonsense
You’re entire budget was N4trillion under Jonathan and you’re dashing X4 to individuals already rich?
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by olagunte4divine: 1:17pm On Sep 19, 2022
Government wan use dangote cash outGovernment wan use dangote cash out...
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by caye(m): 1:21pm On Sep 19, 2022
Cromagnon:
rich provide jobs for the poor otherwise there's nothing to tax

I recommend a book for you.
An old book for that matter: A tale of two cities by Charles Dickens.

Here, the poor of France were taxed beyond existence, for the continuation of splendour and enjoyment of the ruling classes.

When told that the masses had no bread to ear, the queen said , with disdain (?) and complete ignorance, " ...but why can't they eat cake?!".

Not until one poor man's son was crushed under the chariots of a wealthy politician, and the same politician flung some miserable coins to the man, to bury his son, while wondering if his horses were hurt. The dead boy's father, in revenge, crept overnight into the politicians castle, plunging a dagger into his heart, while he was sleeping comfortably at night; igniting what was called the French Revolution.

That revolution , the ruling King and all his family members, lost their life, and France became a republic , ( at least facially).

Nigeria is on same path.
But the path would be one of destruction, that would alter the course of this nation.
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by t2luv1: 3:35pm On Sep 19, 2022
Corridon:
All northerners.

Were you expecting anything different? They control that country as long as the southerners keep fighting among themselves. Ijebu can't get along with Abeokuta goddammit just two tribes in the same state. Lawd have mercy
Re: FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others by CheapHomes1: 3:50pm On Sep 19, 2022
Nwaotu10:
All northerners. Nepotism has destroyed this kwontri. cry

Is Honeywell owned by a northerner?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates / Emir Sanusi Pictured With His Beautiful Daughters / FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.