Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,199 members, 7,822,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Is Nairaland Compromised? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Nairaland Compromised? (2439 Views)

IS NAIRALAND A NO MAN'S SITE?? / Is Nairaland Compromised? / Is Nairaland A Clique? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nairaland Compromised? by denzel2009: 4:48pm On Aug 12, 2011
Seun, What is this?

Re: Is Nairaland Compromised? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 12, 2011
@ OP

Thank you. I thought I was the only one who noticed. Check this out too: http://ww.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-730629.0.html. Someone should please notify me if the link has been fixed.
That's how it is on the homepage.
Re: Is Nairaland Compromised? by denzel2009: 6:38pm On Aug 12, 2011
omo_to_dun:

@ OP

Thank you. I thought I was the only one who noticed. Check this out too: http://ww.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-730629.0.html. Someone should please notify me if the link has been fixed.

So many users would have had their pcs infected by now.
Re: Is Nairaland Compromised? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 12, 2011
Caramba! Nairaland hacked! Mo gbe!!
Re: Is Nairaland Compromised? by denzel2009: 9:49pm On Aug 12, 2011
omo-to-dun add another www to that link.
Re: Is Nairaland Compromised? by DualCore1: 10:00pm On Aug 12, 2011
Will this make homepage?  lipsrsealed

I think this is one of those injection of javascript codes. <script></script> right before <?php
Just deleting that line will take the site back to normal. . .only until the bot/human/goat injects it again.
More has to be done like changing passwords. . . on an apache server some mod_security rulesets can help.

If this happened on a custom coded web application it may be some coding loopholes on the part of the developer. This however is SMF. Dear Nairaland, upgrade. If this should go in the news it will be that a popular forum powered by SMF was compromised. They won't go into details as to how this forum has lost its touch as pure SMF with tweaks and counter tweaks.
Re: Is Nairaland Compromised? by lagoshost(m): 11:22pm On Aug 13, 2011
Upgrade

Upgrade, this is what this forum is asking for.!
Re: Is Nairaland Compromised? by Seun(m): 11:37pm On Aug 13, 2011
You are supposed be techies, for Christ's sake.
Use your brains and think things through
We have discussed this issue before.
And there is no cause for alarm

The link you provided above is not NL purely because 'ww' is not configured and my DNS host likes to generate money from unconfigured hosts by putting up ads.  Geez. And when I visited the link, I didn't get any message about spam, so I don't know what you're getting all worked up about.

Concerning the first message, I've tried browsing on Chrome and I don't get it. I've asked the user to tell me what page he was visiting when he saw the message and he did not provide that. If you can be so kind as to tell me what page you visited when you saw that message, the whole issue will be cleared up.
Re: Is Nairaland Compromised? by denzel2009: 11:49pm On Aug 13, 2011
Re: Is Nairaland Compromised? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 13, 2011
@ Seun
I said that's how it is on the homepage. Relax and show leadership: don't just insult others.

Re: Is Nairaland Compromised? by Seun(m): 11:59pm On Aug 13, 2011
I'm sorry I asked you to "use your brains". Thank you for providing the link, but I didn't see any error there.
Re: Is Nairaland Compromised? by DualCore1: 6:39am On Aug 14, 2011
So because it was there and now its not (without any action from you), so there's nothing to worry about?!
Classic!

I'm done here, people.

Seun, you may want to "grep" that server for files containing "choc.colate". . .  if that doesn't fall under not using my brains wink.
Re: Is Nairaland Compromised? by Seun(m): 12:31pm On Aug 14, 2011
Actually, there was an action from me.  I just didn't feel the need to make a big deal of it. I did search for choc-olate.com and I found that mukina2 posted a link to the website, so I marked it as spam with the anti-spam bot. 

However, even if I did not do that, it could simply have been a mistake by Google which was corrected later.  We had an issue like that with McAfee SiteAdvior and it was resolved without anything being changed on Nairaland.

Techies on Nairaland like to knock me all the time because they feel they can do a much better job of managing Nairaland, and maybe they are right (heh), but the constant & unprovoked antagonism can be hard to bear at times.
Re: Is Nairaland Compromised? by snthesis(m): 2:55pm On Aug 18, 2011
my system got hacked into by chocolate- i used the best anti mal/smear grin- Macleans grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Covenant University Students Asked To Kneel Down After Resuming Late / Police Clearance: Pls: Help / Barcanista: A Man With Consciense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.