Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,592 members, 7,816,460 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick (33685 Views)

Otti Warns As Thieves Damage Public Gutters In Aba, Sell Off Rods As Scraps / 3 Nigerian Governors Using Made-in-nigeria Vehicles As Official Cars (pics) / Lagos Government Releases Impounded Vehicles To Their Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by 7arrows: 6:52am On Sep 20, 2022
deeptechcool:

Not saying Lagis auctioning is legal. What baffles is the amount the customs gave the vehicles as giveaways.

All na arrangement. We know the level. There are laws guiding public auctions. They didn't follow it
Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by Ben404040: 7:10am On Sep 20, 2022
The level of stinking corruption in this govt is over the board. The level of nepotism can kill a bird.
Systemic failures and neglect everywhere.
You direct auction cars for 20k in Kano and the north whereas in the south you hide under website auction. Judgement shall come one day
Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by Akorlism(m): 7:16am On Sep 20, 2022
Where is my own na
Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by seunmsg(m): 7:26am On Sep 20, 2022
Empredboy:
I am not getting it. How can you auction goods that are banned? If they are banned they ought not to be sold or auction to the public because of the reason why it was banned.
Example you banned frozen food and rice because they are not good for consumption as claimed why then do you have to auction it to people for what ? Eating or to store in achieve? We are not sincere in this country

Frozen foods are not auditioned by customs. They are destroyed immediately after seizure.

Foreign rice are not outrightly banned in Nigeria. You can import foreign rice only through the seaports. Importing/smuggling foreign rice through land borders is what is banned. Even at that, seized rice are not auctioned. They are simply donated to IDPS, victims of banditry or as palliative to indigent Nigerians.

What customs regularly auction are vehicles. The vehicles are seized for various importation offenses and not that they are all outrightly banned from being imported into Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by seunmsg(m): 7:31am On Sep 20, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
The custom today is run by Atiku and his boys. Atiku is the biggest importer of generators. He owns that business. He was the former boss of customs. All these in operation today are his boys. These people hold our nation to a standstill. Everyone has put in loyalists in place to serve their personal interests. Mind you, these boys in charge of all these ministries have family relations with either the president, or an Emir or sultan. They are all locked in by blood or by marriage.

Tinubu is in charge of all the logistics in maritime. Anytime you pay any tax, you are paying Tinubu. These men run this country like my bowel runs me.

Davido was telling you all what he spent 100m naira just to clear his Rolls Royce. No one paid attention to that. You all were looking Davido. it will get to your turn. Why on earth would a human spend such amount just to clear his car? There should have been a probe right away. But imagine 100m Naira into the pocket of these

There should be an established policy that certain standards of cars cannot come through and there should be an alternative to that.

Is it not time that the government stepped in to see how to subsidize the cost of vehicles for Nigerian citizens with Innoson? A government that does not manufacture car is legislating the type of car that you should buy when it does not provide good roads and employment for you. That is bullying. And, you are the one paying this government.

There is no iota of truth in this post. Absolute nonsense from beginning to the end. The way people spew nonsense confidently on social media is just insane.

2 Likes

Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by Oluwaseunomo: 7:35am On Sep 20, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
The custom today is run by Atiku and his boys. Atiku is the biggest importer of generators. He owns that business. He was the former boss of customs. All these in operation today are his boys. These people hold our nation to a standstill. Everyone has put in loyalists in place to serve their personal interests. Mind you, these boys in charge of all these ministries have family relations with either the president, or an Emir or sultan. They are all locked in by blood or by marriage.

Tinubu is in charge of all the logistics in maritime. Anytime you pay any tax, you are paying Tinubu. These men run this country like my bowel runs me.

Davido was telling you all what he spent 100m naira just to clear his Rolls Royce. No one paid attention to that. You all were looking Davido. it will get to your turn. Why on earth would a human spend such amount just to clear his car? There should have been a probe right away. But imagine 100m Naira into the pocket of these

There should be an established policy that certain standards of cars cannot come through and there should be an alternative to that.

Is it not time that the government stepped in to see how to subsidize the cost of vehicles for Nigerian citizens with Innoson? A government that does not manufacture car is legislating the type of car that you should buy when it does not provide good roads and employment for you. That is bullying. And, you are the one paying this government.
And the solution and messiah to this problem is Peter obi abi, make we dey whine ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by seunmsg(m): 7:37am On Sep 20, 2022
halima83:
Examples of such allocation lette5s

You’re a beneficiary of the auction?

1 Like

Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by Sixfiguresmart(m): 7:44am On Sep 20, 2022
Oluwaseunomo:

And the solution and messiah to this problem is Peter obi abi, make we dey whine ourselves.
I am not proposing or campaigning for anyone. The one that I would have done that for is Osinbajo. I am Yoruba and I am not going to vote for anyone of them. I will not waste one minute of my time voting for anyone. What I can do is label the truth so that the young man growing up can build his history based on fact and not sophistry.

I am not paid by anyone and I have never known or met Peter Obi. I live in Abuja and I don't know where he lives. My knowledge is based on facts.

You cannot contest it cos fact trumps BAT. Speak the truth, my brothet. This isn't about tribe, it is the future of your children that you are trading because you are swoon by sentiment and prejudice.

2 Likes

Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by buzorcharles(m): 7:45am On Sep 20, 2022
Buhari will never address this so cosof this I will not vote for APC this time around. We need a leader that gats to ask question and demand explanation and act
Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by Sixfiguresmart(m): 7:45am On Sep 20, 2022
seunmsg:

There is no iota of truth in this post. Absolute nonsense from beginning to the end. The way people spew nonsense confidently on social media is just insane.
Bring your evidence and I will bring mine. Dare to try?
Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by Agbebakun22: 7:52am On Sep 20, 2022
TheWolfen:
Thieves
#60,000 or $60k. Get back to me asap
Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by seunmsg(m): 7:56am On Sep 20, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
Bring your evidence and I will bring mine. Dare to try?

Which evidence? When Atiku left customs in 1991 or so, most of the current crop of customs officers have not even been employed. Hameed Ali is the one running customs and he doesn’t give a shit about Atiku. Atiku has no control or whatever over customs as at today.

The auctioning you’re reading about was actually done by a serving Brigadier General who was brought into customs by Ali and the chairman of the auction committee, one guy called Sanusi. Stop talking about what you know nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by malvisguy212: 7:57am On Sep 20, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Lazy youth who can not read yet filled with hate, envy and bigotry is even a danger to himself. You can not amount to anything worthwhile in life if you are like this wink

I am sure you did not read the report but just typed wink

I do not see corruption here . The issues are that they could have been sold hire and ncs should use the the auctioneers instead of their portal.

This is the first time a govt agency will be confidently challenging the media to go fish out the facts and go ahead and use it to embarrass them so they can answer for it.

There is an auction and the law never insisted that they must use autioneers who will add to the cost. If you are interested, just go to their website and bid. That ncs henchman is a no nonsense incorruptible man so I understand why he would like less engagement of his officers with auctioneers to avoid more problems.

I am not saying there may be no issues according to the last paragraph where some folks bring in cars but do not have funds to clear it. I honestly do not see the incentive buying those junks, I will rather buy car from a dealer than take these nonsense scraps that have been flooded and wrecked before shipping them and abandoned in ncs warehouses for long.
idiot. gerrout
Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by ModCaller: 7:58am On Sep 20, 2022
This country stinks
Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by akbonus: 8:00am On Sep 20, 2022
CheapHomes1:

When was atiku the former boss of cudtoms?

Can you provide evidence of atiku importing generators and being the biggest importer of generators?

YES ATIKFKU IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST IMPORTER OF GENERATORS AND HE RUNS CUSTOMS AT A TIME AND HE IS STILL RUNNING IT,WHILE TIFNUBU CONTROLS THE PORT TAXES THAT IS WHY THEY ARE SO CLOSE IN BUSINESS,BOTH OF THEM WILL NEVER SMELL THE PRESIDENCY BECAUSE THEY BIG THIEVES.
Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by Chucks1989(m): 8:01am On Sep 20, 2022
You don't have money but you are always online begging
Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by seunmsg(m): 8:05am On Sep 20, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
I am not proposing or campaigning for anyone. The one that I would have done that for is Osinbajo. I am Yoruba and I am not going to vote for anyone of them. I will not waste one minute of my time voting for anyone. What I can do is label the truth so that the young man growing up can build his history based on fact and not sophistry.

I am not paid by anyone and I have never known or met Peter Obi. I live in Abuja and I don't know where he lives. My knowledge is based on facts.

You cannot contest it cos fact trumps BAT. Speak the truth, my brothet. This isn't about tribe, it is the future of your children that you are trading because you are swoon by sentiment and prejudice.

Are you not tired of speaking rubbish. What happened to the children of those that voted for Peter Obi twice as Anambra governor? Where are they now? Are they enjoying a better life than the children of those that voted Bola Ahmed Tinubu twice as governor of Lagos State?

2 Likes

Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by Sixfiguresmart(m): 8:09am On Sep 20, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Can you provide evidence of atiku importing generators and being the biggest importer of generators?
If you don't even know the answer to the first question, then no need to engage with you.

Who was the former boss of customs in the 80ies?
Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by lailo: 8:13am On Sep 20, 2022
Igbos would still prefer this action to what Lagos state government did recently just because of their hatred for Tinubu grin grin
Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by IcedMusk1995(m): 8:19am On Sep 20, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Are you a learner? Atiku was the comptroller of customs long before 1999
Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 20, 2022
That is what they are meant for undecided
Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by Belleful: 8:44am On Sep 20, 2022
See as them they turn car dealers to millionaire's.
Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by halima83: 8:46am On Sep 20, 2022
seunmsg:

You’re a beneficiary of the auction?
no
Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by noble2faith(m): 9:26am On Sep 20, 2022
I Neva come across any uniform person's child wey dey balance. I am yet to see one. This is because the money spent on the welfarism of their children is cursed money.

1 Like

Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by IamAsiri: 9:28am On Sep 20, 2022
seunmsg:

Are you not tired of speaking rubbish. What happened to the children of those that voted for Peter Obi twice as Anambra governor? Where are they now? Are they enjoying a better life than the children of those that voted Bola Ahmed Tinubu twice as governor of Lagos State?

Are you not also tired of typing rubbish? Where did you see the guy say he was campaigning for Peter Obi? He said his best candidate would have been Osinbajo, but here you are typing incomprehensibly. It is not about "Emilokan" or what's not, but about the future of this nation and our kids. Stop attacking people who are speaking the truth. At least, admit it in your heart if the person is right. Let's stop being psychophants.

1 Like

Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by lynonice: 9:43am On Sep 20, 2022
I lost the 2 cars I imported, these Cars are worth over 7 million. I'm sure it's been sold for 100k, I wasn't informed when the vessel arrived and it' stayed for a Year. Now I took steps to clear them and I was told it's been Gazetted and Auctioned, but the Car is still there, my Agent sent me pictures of the Cars still parked at the LOT. I'm looking at the list of allocations mostly to Fulani companies.. This Country has never been of help to the citizens instead find ways to rip you. Wicked !! wicked people!
Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by VULCAN(m): 9:46am On Sep 20, 2022
Never has Nigerian been overrun with corrupt beasts as the last 7yrs of APC government.

Never Again

2 Likes

Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by CheapHomes1: 10:04am On Sep 20, 2022
akbonus:

YES ATIKFKU IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST IMPORTER OF GENERATORS AND HE RUNS CUSTOMS AT A TIME AND HE IS STILL RUNNING IT,WHILE TIFNUBU CONTROLS THE PORT TAXES THAT IS WHY THEY ARE SO CLOSE IN BUSINESS,BOTH OF THEM WILL NEVER SMELL THE PRESIDENCY BECAUSE THEY BIG THIEVES.

You haven't answered the questions.

Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by seunmsg(m): 10:10am On Sep 20, 2022
IcedMusk1995:

Are you a learner? Atiku was the president of customs long before 1999

Read them no go read. Still, they will come online to spew nonsense confidently. Smh!

1 Like

Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by mkoabiola: 10:11am On Sep 20, 2022
Rub me i rub ur back
Na mostly Northerners e d beneficiary of ds auction
Na dem dem
Re: Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick by CheapHomes1: 10:15am On Sep 20, 2022
IcedMusk1995:

Are you a learner? Atiku was the president of customs long before 1999

You are calling someone a learner and you are saying Atiku was "president of customs". Pls where did you get the title of "president of customs"? Are you the one that invented and created that job title and gave to Atiku?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly / Ganduje Laments In Leaked Audio: Tinubu, Unfair To Me For Meeting Kwankwaso / Dapo Abiodun: Dollar Will Soon Crash Following Meeting We Had

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.