Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 (26523 Views)

Zenith Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards / GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards / Zenith Bank Suspends International ATM Withdrawals/POS Payments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by Trybes(m): 5:33pm On Sep 21, 2022
Are we going to see a further big fall of the naira. Currently trading above 700 to the USD.
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by peeps4u: 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2022
onatisi:
the first thing any government that cmes in next year will do will be to increase fuel price to like 250/300. this will first create problems and to be realistic the only reason they have postponed this fuel hike is because of elections already they have started hinting it that price may get to 400naira per litre.

Unless the next president reverses it, pumping price will 100% sure increase next year, Buhari has signed the removal of fuel subsidy which will take effect next year
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by Henix(m): 5:39pm On Sep 21, 2022
onatisi:
the first thing any government that cmes in next year will do will be to increase fuel price to like 250/300. this will first create problems and to be realistic the only reason they have postponed this fuel hike is because of elections already they have started hinting it that price may get to 400naira per litre.

Fuel subsidy is a scam that ought to have been abolished for long
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by TruthHurts100: 5:41pm On Sep 21, 2022
First bank na bank. Bank wey don dey close 1pm since like 6months now
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by tunapawizzy: 5:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
Eleken:
have you think of what APC will use as selling
points as campaign kicks off next Wednesday.

Insecurities
students are out of school due to prolong arguments.(ASUU STRIKE).

I don't want to list all.. I will leave this for APC supporters.. why you can't be ashamed mentioning APC to the poor masses?..

i hope you're buying spaghetti 150 instead of N500 current market price at Tinubu street. because he was part of the architects of this mess we are facing today?

i feel really bad.. honestly
They will use EMILOKAN
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by silverkings: 5:45pm On Sep 21, 2022
obedience4:
In Fabrizio voice.. "Here will go"

Here we go angry angry
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by 234GT(m): 5:46pm On Sep 21, 2022
Irupetepete:
Very useless bank
This stupid bank just refuse to upgrade... You can't find all these microfinance banks on their app, so many things wrong with the bank...
I deactivated sms from my account because of the bogus sms charges, you won't believe they reactivated it without giving them go ahead or consulting me

Not true Sir. Every Microfinance bank recognised by NIBSS is on FirstMobile.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by Houseofglam7(f): 5:46pm On Sep 21, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
Our country is being held ransom by foreigners. Black men are selfishly impoverishing their own selves. Black people hate each other. Imagine how this country is split into two different major religions. Amidst that, we are split into different regions, then states, then tribes, then cities, then villages, then clans. What is left?

We keep tearing each other down while Lebanese, Indians, and Chinese come here, team up as one unit and divulge on us like fools. We just want to impress our fellow poor brothers and intimidate them.

Imagine, I went to a bank last week and spoke to a cashier and they treated me so unjustly at the entrance because I spoke in an accent. They asked me to "talk well" hahaha. I wonder how my accent was supposed to remain the same after 30 years in foreign... But, they could understand an Asian lumberjack speaking cut-through jargon. When you identify as a foreigner, they understand every utterance but once you identify as Nigerian, the treatment changes. Why?

The divisiveness, the hatred, and the prejudice are entrenched. This makes me believe that no helper can be for us. Soon, what happened to Sri Lanka or Venezuela will befall us if we keep this pace.

Your fellow Nigerian will be asking you where you are from. That question is the most RACIST and TRIBAL of all. Once a Nigerian asks you, "WHERE ARE YOU FROM?", do not bother continuing that conversation. He is only trying to enclose you in that category in his putrefied head.

A sincere person who wants to know you should ask what your name is. Then, seek to know the person behind the name. My state or village does not define me. I am a human being first before anything.

Nigerians will tell you how unafrican it is to perform cunnilingusss on an African woman, but willing to perform rimming on an old Caucasian lady. A Nigerian man will hardly tell a Nigerian girl his age, but freely willing to sing it to a Caucasian.

In the east, they say that a woman is not supposed to see a certain masquerade. An Igbo lady can be flogged for stepping out when the masquerade dances. But, white women attend the festival, dance, and take pictures with the masquerade who poses like grilled chicken standing next to her.

Nigerian men will wash undies for old Caucasian ladies but cannot wash their own boxers when their African women are home.

Some men who cannot pay black young and pretty girls just 10,000 naira for sex are willing to pay 400k for old fake-white or brown girls in Abuja.

Atiku's son had to wed the daughter of a royalty in Ghana, but Oshiomole and Ned Nwoko picked random street girls from Cape Verde and Morocco with no family name or royalty.

Every tribe has evil against the other. Itsekiri and Ijaw cannot sit. Igbo and Yoruba cannot. Hausa and Igbo cannot. it feels like a microcosmic battlefield.

It is all about tribe but when an Asian shows up, it is all about friendship. These Asians care not a bit about them. In fact the new racists in the Northern American and the UK are the Asians, not even the whites.

How can you survive here when everyone is like a parasite seeking to destroy his neighbor?

This government wants you to pay the price of their negligence and thievery.
Dayummmm!!!!!!!!
Let me buy you a pint of your favorite drink!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by gimakon2(m): 5:47pm On Sep 21, 2022
Since I was born, I have never seen a country as fucked__ up as this shithole.

You banned international cards, buying dollars in the banks is a disaster, and you want people to make use of multicurrency card. How many people have that?
You ban bikes, provide buses to route people every where is an impossible impossibility
You ban crypto, to create your e-naira which is a cryptocoin

What sort of a shitty country is this?

1 Like

Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 21, 2022
Make una arrest tinubu first i want check something
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by Lama70(m): 5:52pm On Sep 21, 2022
You can suspend everything and anything. I am a trader dealing in foodstuffs. You must eat food after pressing your computer... or else you quench.

What the eye does not see the heart does not grieve about. Okay
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by gnykelly(m): 5:52pm On Sep 21, 2022
Bossose:
This rules will affect entrepreneurs trading arbitrage

Arbitrage is not entrepreneurship
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by Bizibi(m): 5:57pm On Sep 21, 2022
UnusualEmissary:

Most of them are useless! Meanwhile that's what this presently prevailing civilization has to offer. It has fashioned out a system of trade and transaction where money is mismanaged and devalued.

Don't worry. God willing, after the great reformer, the great emperor "The Unity" has emerged and established his New Era, you'll realize the true value of money and the true and proper course that should be followed in doing trade and managing money.

We await his coming.
no one should expect a Messiah next year ooo
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by Khayceeofficial(m): 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2022
Stupid fvcks like tho the cards even worked for international transactions

This country is fvcked
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by marlow1962(m): 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2022
Eleken:
have you think of what APC will use as selling
points as campaign kicks off next Wednesday.

Insecurities
students are out of school due to prolong arguments.(ASUU STRIKE).

I don't want to list all.. I will leave this for APC supporters.. why you can't be ashamed mentioning APC to the poor masses?..

i hope you're buying spaghetti 150 instead of N500 current market price at Tinubu street. because he was part of the architects of this mess we are facing today?

i feel really bad.. honestly
Omo bro am shocked too, spaghetti groom 150 to 500 ( same tin here in my area). Let’s not even talk about eggs (egg wer be 30N before, enter 50N now na H)
Meh dis country is fu#kd, what surprises me is how some ppl still love poverty (voting for someone who made dia life miserable). One idiot that hasn’t been in sch going to a year now, is here on dis platform shouting asiwaju for president (very funny). Even the ones that are jobless too. Everybody should vote their choice tho.
Mehn everything about this country is fu#kd.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by Superboss: 6:05pm On Sep 21, 2022
Buhari, Emefiele and APC destroyed this country.
Vote for Tinubu to bury the country.
The most useless idiots are the ones that will vote for APC next year.
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by Prince2324: 6:05pm On Sep 21, 2022
Does it mean that I won't order from AliExpress again
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by Sixfiguresmart(m): 6:09pm On Sep 21, 2022
Thank you, sister. Someone has to stand up for them black sisters too. I appreciate.
Houseofglam7:

Dayummmm!!!!!!!!
Let me buy you a pint of your favorite drink!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by pseudonomer: 6:19pm On Sep 21, 2022
Hanibbal:

This your English sef fit crash our Naira. shocked

Abi na grin grin
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by Cutehector(m): 6:19pm On Sep 21, 2022
Irupetepete:
most of these mfb... Kuda, palmpay, moniepoint etc are not on first bank app
they are all on firstmobile and LIT app sir.
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by socialmediaman: 6:34pm On Sep 21, 2022
Irupetepete:
Very useless bank
This stupid bank just refuse to upgrade... You can't find all these microfinance banks on their app, so many things wrong with the bank...
I deactivated sms from my account because of the bogus sms charges, you won't believe they reactivated it without giving them go ahead or consulting me

Hahahahahaha grin grin grin

So why are you still using them?
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:

Your fellow Nigerian will be asking you where you are from. That question is the most RACIST and TRIBAL of all. Once a Nigerian asks you, "WHERE ARE YOU FROM?", do not bother continuing that conversation. He is only trying to enclose you in that category in his putrefied head.

Another Luggardian slave.
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by Jeffyblaq(m): 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2022
At this juncture, let APC continue with the Mess ruined by the government under Buhari...

The Mess is huge.. No miracle can undo these...

Itz a candid advice!
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by Grandemperor(m): 6:36pm On Sep 21, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
Our country is being held ransom by foreigners. Black men are selfishly impoverishing their own selves. Black people hate each other. Imagine how this country is split into two different major religions. Amidst that, we are split into different regions, then states, then tribes, then cities, then villages, then clans. What is left?

We keep tearing each other down while Lebanese, Indians, and Chinese come here, team up as one unit and divulge on us like fools. We just want to impress our fellow poor brothers and intimidate them.

Imagine, I went to a bank last week and spoke to a cashier and they treated me so unjustly at the entrance because I spoke in an accent. They asked me to "talk well" hahaha. I wonder how my accent was supposed to remain the same after 30 years in foreign... But, they could understand an Asian lumberjack speaking cut-through jargon. When you identify as a foreigner, they understand every utterance but once you identify as Nigerian, the treatment changes. Why?

The divisiveness, the hatred, and the prejudice are entrenched. This makes me believe that no helper can be for us. Soon, what happened to Sri Lanka or Venezuela will befall us if we keep this pace.

A sincere person who wants to know you should ask what your name is. Then, seek to know the person behind the name. My state or village does not define me. I am a human being first before anything.

Nigerians will tell you how unafrican it is to perform cunnilingusss on an African woman, but willing to perform rimming on an old Caucasian lady. A Nigerian man will hardly tell a Nigerian girl his age, but freely willing to sing it to a Caucasian.

In the east, they say that a woman is not supposed to see a certain masquerade. An Igbo lady can be flogged for stepping out when the masquerade dances. But, white women attend the festival, dance, and take pictures with the masquerade who poses like grilled chicken standing next to her.

Nigerian men will wash undies for old Caucasian ladies but cannot wash their own boxers when their African women are home.

Some men who cannot pay black young and pretty girls just 10,000 naira for sex are willing to pay 400k for old fake-white or brown girls in Abuja.

Atiku's son had to wed the daughter of a royalty in Ghana, but Oshiomole and Ned Nwoko picked random street girls from Cape Verde and Morocco with no family name or royalty.

Every tribe has evil against the other. Itsekiri and Ijaw cannot sit. Igbo and Yoruba cannot. Hausa and Igbo cannot. it feels like a microcosmic battlefield.

It is all about tribe but when an Asian shows up, it is all about friendship. These Asians care not a bit about them. In fact the new racists in Northern America and the UK are the Asians, not even the whites.

How can you survive here when everyone is like a parasite seeking to destroy his neighbor?

This government wants you to pay the price of their negligence and thievery.
You have not penetrated other cultures in foreign lands. When you are opportuned, you will be exposed to indepth primitivity or raw down to earth, Margaret Mead anthropological neonderthal reality.
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by Sweetvie: 6:36pm On Sep 21, 2022
Lol.... Nigeria my country grin grin
Don't worry guys we will build this country grin grin
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by EgunMogaji2: 6:37pm On Sep 21, 2022
Super Bike Owners can always order goodies through me. Amazon + small percentage + HeroShe cost gets your stuff delivered in 10 days

Pay in Naira at HeroShe rate on date of order.

WhatsApp for a quote today.
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by HAYWHYBAM(m): 6:38pm On Sep 21, 2022
God will never forgive those voted for Buhari.
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by AngelicBeing: 6:39pm On Sep 21, 2022
NwaNimo1:
[img]https://giffiles./217/217063.gif[/img]
Hian, Nekwa alias NwaNimo again shocked
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by AngelicBeing: 6:41pm On Sep 21, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
Super Bike Owners can always order goodies through me. Amazon + small percentage + HeroShe cost gets your stuff delivered in 10 days

Pay in Naira at HeroShe rate on date of order.

WhatsApp for a quote today.
tongue

1 Like

Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by TheOgaBoss: 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2022
Prince2324:
Does it mean that I won't order from AliExpress again
yes , unless u source for ur own dollars
Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by Orenike: 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2022
May God restore everything in double folds and May his rest in Heavenly Peace cry
abobote:
I think this has happened before.
Around late early 2016, when Buhari was newly sworn, I travel to one Africa country, and I was called that my son was sick, I tried to withdraw with my Nigeria card, but couldn't. I tried several Banks to no avail.

I lost the boy unfortunately, I'm so sorry David, I regretted leaving you to your faith

1 Like

Re: First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 by Graciousnaija: 7:31pm On Sep 21, 2022
It is appalling that this is happening. How much does anyone spend online on this debits cards that warrant total banning of using them for basic online purchases? Is it from transactions on these cards that forex is in scarcity? How about the bigguns hoarding the dollars in their various accounts? How about those who starched these dollars for election purposes? How about those who get from banks and still go behind to selling in black markets? Which way Nigeria? Anyway, nothing with a beginning is without an end...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan / Wheelbarrow Shopping: Shopping With A Difference / First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.