Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy (30503 Views)

Gbajabiamila Tops List Of Contenders For Tinubu’s Chief Of Staff / 2023 Presidency: If Atiku Wins, Southerners Will Be In Severe Trouble — Sagay / 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Peter Obi Wins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by Obinoscopy(m): 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
As a follow up to my previous thread, this thread is dedicated to the possible permutations for Senate Presidency IF Tinubu wins (and that's a big "if"wink). Tinubu is from the South West while his vice is from North East. Also both of them are Muslims. Thus the Senate Presidency has to come from either the South East or South South and has to be a Christian.

In the South East, the major contender is Orji Uzor Kalu (Abia North). Even though he did not support Tinubu during the APC primaries, he has been very vocal in his support for Tinubu. So I wouldn't be surprised if Tinubu would lobby for Orji Uzor Kalu to become the Senate President. Also I believe Kalu is a Christian and he a majority leader (Chief Whip) in the Senate, these are his strong points. However Kalu has to win his re-election into the Senate first. He has a major challenger from PDP, Mao Ohaobunwa. So I guess, Kalu's focus should be to win the Senate election first. He defeated Ohaobunwa in the last election, perhaps he can do it again. Another possible stumbling block to Kalu is Osita B. Izunaso (APC, Imo West). That Izunaso guy is an underdog who should not be overlooked. He was the one who singlehandedly retired Arthur Nzeribe from the Senate, so he could pose a stumbling block to Kalu's bid if he is also interested in being the 2023 Senate President.

In the South South, I'm going for Peter Nwaoboshi (Delta North). He is a 2 term senator and is a Christian as well. However he has to win Ned Nwoko of the PDP first before his dream of becoming a Senate President can be realised. Another contender, albeit a lightweight one, is Biobarakuma Degi (Bayelsa East).

For the Speaker House of Representative, I would say either North Central or North West gets it, but I’m tilting towards North West because they will likely priduce more APC seats than the North Central. But the permutations on who would likely be a strong contender is very complex and beyond my scope.

So, in conclusion, I'll say the major contenders for the Senate Presidency IF Tinubu wins are Orji Uzor Kalu, Osita Izunaso and Peter Nwaboshi.

Modification: I was also made to be aware that Godswill Akpabio (APC, Akwa Ibom North West) is another strong contender. I know he has some legal hurdles to surmount. If that's solved, I'll say he also is a strong contender alongside Orji Uzor Kalu.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by EzeNwaanyiMmili(f): 8:45pm On Sep 21, 2022
rubbish post

I rather see Atiku win than Tinubu

Tinubu presidency is dead before arrival.

sane Nigerians have rejected him

where will he get votes ?
SE is no go area
SW apart from his urchins , real Omoluabis and intellectuals in SW have rejected him totally.
North he'll struggle to get reasonable votes in the North because except you're living in a fools paradise you'll realise that the north is going for their brother Atiku.
Middle belt is no go area because what Middle belt saw in Apc their mouth no fit talk am.
you don't expect such people to vote the very person romancing murderous herdsmen because of their votes.
South South will be between Obi and Atiku because no reasonable southerner will want to reinforce failure called Apc through the agbado munching gorilla Tinubu.

so I ask again where and how will Tinubu win ?
which region will he sweep ?
the only hope of the agbado munching urchins is federal might because they're in power but buhari I know will not interfere in this election and it will be level battle field.

so projecting Tinubu to win is you being mischievous and propagating a paid agenda which we all know already.

Tinubu will never be president
God will not abandon Nigeria in the hands of Tinubu.

God bless igbos
God bless real Omoluabis
God bless North.
God bless other tribes in Nigeria.

thunder scatter Tinubu urchins.

344 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by MacOscar(m): 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2022
REALLY

1 Like

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by Urheadmaster(m): 8:49pm On Sep 21, 2022
EzeNwaanyiMmili:
rubbish post

Seconded

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by Great2017: 8:50pm On Sep 21, 2022
Why did you not consider Oshiomhole?

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by Richardonald(m): 8:50pm On Sep 21, 2022
Nonsense post..

Another lamba

Tinubu is deceiving those Southerners. A northerner will be senate president if he wins, anything to make him president is acceptable by tinubu, he is deceiving those southern governors, and some that are running for senate.

Screenshot this post.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by ninoha: 8:50pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ok oo
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by mcmurphy132(m): 9:15pm On Sep 21, 2022
Those LP supporter who prefer Atiku to Tinubu are still former PDP supporter.. that is PDP is of two set Atiku and obi.. they both rely on same vote... Advantage for APC.. Thats just the Truth.. 70% of Obi supporter never voted APC in 2019

68 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by duro4chang(m): 9:28pm On Sep 21, 2022
May God bless Tinubu the incoming president.

174 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by maestroferddi: 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2022
Pure fantasy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by Abdu81: 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2022
Obinoscopy:
As a follow up to my previous thread, this thread is dedicated to the possible permutations for Senate Presidency IF Tinubu wins (and that's a big "if"wink). Tinubu is from the South West while his vice is from North East. Also both of them are Muslims. Thus the Senate Presidency has to come from either the South East or South South and has to be a Christian.

In the South East, the major contender is Orji Uzor Kalu (Abia North). Even though he did not support Tinubu during the APC primaries, he has been very vocal in his support for Tinubu. So I wouldn't be surprised if Tinubu would lobby for Orji Uzor Kalu to become the Senate President. Also I believe Kalu is a Christian and he a majority leader (Chief Whip) in the Senate, these are his strong points. However Kalu has to win his re-election into the Senate first. He has a major challenger from PDP, Mao Ohaobunwa. So I guess, Kalu's focus should be to win the Senate election first. He defeated Ohaobunwa in the last election, perhaps he can do it again. Another possible stumbling block to Kalu is Osita B. Izunaso (APC, Imo West). That Izunaso guy is an underdog who should not be overlooked. He was the one who singlehandedly retired Arthur Nzeribe from the Senate, so he could pose a stumbling block to Kalu's bid if he is also interested in being the 2023 Senate President.

In the South South, I'm going for Peter Nwaoboshi (Delta North). He is a 2 term senator and is a Christian as well. However he has to win Ned Nwoko of the PDP first before his dream of becoming a Senate President can be realised. Another contender, albeit a lightweight one, is Biobarakuma Degi (Bayelsa East).

For the Speaker House of Representative, I would say either North Central or North West gets it, but I’m tilting towards North West because they will likely priduce more APC seats than the North Central. But the permutations on who would likely be a strong contender is very complex and beyond my scope.

So, in conclusion, I'll say the major contenders for the Senate Presidency IF Tinubu wins are Orji Uzor Kalu, Osita Izunaso and Peter Nwaboshi.

Thunder scatter you with that your senate president.

So you are selling this rotten thing to Nigeria.

You are useless

314 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by BeardedMeat(m): 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2022
This Op go soon enter market if una no hold am.
This one is more than malaria fever

311 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by frank14011991(m): 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2022
Its between akpabio and orji uzor kalu.they are both 2nd timers Peter nwaoboshi is also a second timer but he is not as influential as ouk and akpabio.remember akpabio also stepped down for tinubu during the primaries

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by Obinoscopy(m): 9:52pm On Sep 21, 2022
frank14011991:
Its between akpabio and orji uzor kalu.they are both 2nd timers Peter nwaoboshi is also a second timer but he is not as influential as ouk and akpabio.remember akpabio also stepped down for tinubu during the primaries
You are right about Akpabio. But the reason I didn't include him is because his candidature is still wobbly even though INEC included him on the list. Based on the Electoral Law, you can't participate in two primaries within the same electoral cycle so his opponent might use that against him. Also PDP has a very formidable candidate Chris Ekpeyong (PDP) Chris Ekpeyong defeated Akpabio twice (in the main election and in the rerun) in the last election, I don't see Akpabio upturning that.

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by Obinoscopy(m): 9:55pm On Sep 21, 2022
Great2017:
It will be Oshiomhole's first time in the Senate if he wins the Senate election thus he lacks the requisite experience to contest and win the Senate Presidency.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by famouscargo4u: 9:57pm On Sep 21, 2022
Great2017:

For you to be a senate President, you need to be a returning senator. Oshiomole would be going for the senate as a newbie.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by Florindiaz: 10:02pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kalu is a greedy and selfish man! It because they promised him senate president if he wins that’s why he’s saying that no south easterner can become president in 2023! You’re not going to return to the senate anymore

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by nazicartel(m): 10:14pm On Sep 21, 2022
Florindiaz:
Kalu is a greedy and selfish man! It because they promised him senate president if he wins that’s why he’s saying that no south easterner can become president in 2023! You’re not going to return to the senate anymore
They will still disappoint him. Is it not APC?... They didn't learn in their 8yrs. Is it now that APC Eastern politicians will learn ?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by frank14011991(m): 10:24pm On Sep 21, 2022
Obinoscopy:
You are right about Akpabio. But the reason I didn't include him is because his candidature is still wobbly even though INEC included him on the list. Based on the Electoral Law, you can't participate in two primaries within the same electoral cycle so his opponent might use that against him. Also PDP has a very formidable candidate Chris Ekpeyong (PDP) Chris Ekpeyong defeated Akpabio twice (in the main election and in the rerun) in the last election, I don't see Akpabio upturning that.
if akpabio loses out then nobody will contest against ouk. but they have to beware of tambuwal, he is a snake he has done it before against mulikat akande,as for the speaker ship it is going to northwest and ado alhassan Doguwa is the oldest among them after gbajabiamila

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by Okoroawusa: 10:32pm On Sep 21, 2022
EzeNwaanyiMmili:
rubbish post

Tinubu presidency is dead before arrival.

sane Nigerians have rejected him

where will he get votes ?
SE is no go area
SW apart from his urchins , real Omoluabis and intellectuals in SW have rejected him totally.
North he'll struggle to get reasonable votes in the North because except you're living in a fools paradise you'll realise that the north is going for their brother Atiku.
Middle belt is no go area because what Middle belt saw in Apc their mouth no fit talk am.
you don't expect such people to vote the very person romancing murderous herdsmen because of their votes.
South South will be between Obi and Atiku because no reasonable southerner will want to reinforce failure called Apc through the agbado munching gorilla Tinubu.

so I ask again where and how will Tinubu win ?
which region will he sweep ?
the only hope of the agbado munching urchins is federal might because they're in power but buhari I know will not interfere in this election and it will be level battle field.

so projecting Tinubu to win is you being mischievous and propagating a paid agenda which we all know already.

Tinubu will never be president
God will not abandon Nigeria in the hands of Tinubu.

God bless igbos
God bless real Omoluabis
God bless North.
God bless other tribes in Nigeria.

thunder scatter Tinubu urchins.
Make una hold this one o!

142 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by garfield1: 10:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
Obinoscopy:

No part of the electoral act stops one from contesting or aspiring twice.it was referring to candidates not aspirants.
Chris ekpenyong is not contesting. It is a small boy called Barr enoidem that pdp are fronting

1 Like

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by garfield1: 10:45pm On Sep 21, 2022
frank14011991:
if akpabio loses out then nobody will contest against ouk. but they have to beware of tambuwal, he is a snake he has done it before against mulikat akande,as for the speaker ship it is going to northwest and ado alhassan Doguwa is the oldest among them after gbajabiamila

Gbam.will tambuwal even win?

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by ImperialYoruba: 10:45pm On Sep 21, 2022
The following made me spread my 32 teeth. grin

Also I believe Kalu is a Christian

No, he is ibo muslim. Alhaji Kabiru Uzor Kalu.

Op,
Have you ever heard of a man called Mohammed Ali Ndume?

Let me educate you a bit. Ali was in the hat for Senate Presidency in the 8th Senate. Saraki stole the show from him because Ndume obeyed party guidelines. He was in the hat for 9th senate but party chieftains prevailed on him to yield for Lawan.

Ali Ndume is currently the most senior senator in APC. If APC wins Ndume becomes President in Senate. There is nothing party leadership can do to set him aside.

Kalu is a defector, Ohuanbuwa is a defector, Nwaoboshi is a defector. Ndume is an organic APC senator. Maybe appointing him Chief of Staff or a Minister or even Ambassador might placate him, but he is inline for 10th Senate Presidency. Kalu could become majority leader if he plays his game right. Thats about it!

Kalu should not expect Senate Presidency, he will set himself up for loss.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by Obinoscopy(m): 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2022
garfield1:

No part of the electoral act stops one from contesting or aspiring twice.it was referring to candidates not aspirants.
Chris ekpenyong is not contesting. It is a small boy called Barr enoidem that pdp are fronting
OH yeah you are right in regards to Chris Ekpenyong. In regards to the Electoral Act, I need to study it fully to ascertain if Akpabio will have legal hurdles or not.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by frank14011991(m): 10:53pm On Sep 21, 2022
ImperialYoruba:
The following made me spread my 32 teeth. grin

No, he is ibo muslim. Alhaji Kabiru Uzor Kalu.

Op,
Have you ever heard of a man called Mohammed Ali Ndume?

Let me educate you a bit. Ali was in the hat for Senate Presidency in the 8th Senate. Saraki stole the show from him because Ndume obeyed party guidelines. He was in the hat for 9th senate but party chieftains prevailed on him to yield for Lawan.

Ali Ndume is currently the most senior senator in APC. If APC wins Ndume becomes President in Senate. There is nothing party leadership can do to set him aside.

Kalu is a defector, Ohuanbuwa is a defector, Nwaoboshi is a defector. Ndume is an organic APC senator. Maybe appointing him Chief of Staff or a Minister or even Ambassador might placate him, but he is inline for 10th Senate Presidency. Kalu could become majority leader if he plays his game right. Thats about it!

Kalu should not expect Senate Presidency, he will set himself up for loss.
shettima is from the north east with ndume also the same State with ndume so it is never going to happen

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by garfield1: 10:54pm On Sep 21, 2022
Obinoscopy:
OH yeah you are right in regards to Chris Ekpenyong. In regards to the Electoral Act, I need to study it fully to ascertain if Akpabio will have legal hurdles or not.

Election is like bet,its not 100%.so give akpabio benefit of the doubt.it is between him and ouk and if it goes to nw,wamakko/bagudu has it.if it is nc,lalong,sani musa,makura will fight.but akpabio since he stepped down for buhari has the best chance

1 Like

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by frank14011991(m): 11:20pm On Sep 21, 2022
garfield1:

Election is like bet,its not 100%.so give akpabio benefit of the doubt.it is between him and ouk and if it goes to nw,wamakko/bagudu has it.if it is nc,lalong,sani musa,makura will fight.but akpabio since he stepped down for buhari has the best chance
APC are going for the PDP 1999-2007 zoning formula president sw vice president ne Senate president se speaker nw. That is what the party said

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by Symboll(f): 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2022
Okay
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by Houseofglam7(f): 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2022
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi At Lord Chosen Crusade In Mgbidi In 2020 (Throwback) / National Assembly Takes Over Power To Control CCT From Presidency / Ekiti 2018: House Of Reps Member, Others Dump PDP For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.