Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise (673 Views)

Ben Akabueze’s Wife Delivers Baby Boy At Over 50 (Photos) / Tinubu Has The Vision, Political Sagacity To Move Nigeria Forward – APC / President Buhari Renews Ben Akabueze's Tenure As DG, Budget Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by Kewtt: 9:41pm On Sep 22, 2022
“I not only use the brains I have – I use all the brains I can borrow.” – Woodrow Wilson, 28th President of USA.

By John Ekundayo on August 14, 2022

The second term of the administration of Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN, as the Governor of Lagos State, was winding up in May 2015 and this columnist was privileged to be part of the invitees to a special send off event of the then Honourable Commissioner of Budget and Economic Planning, Mr. Ben Akabueze (now Director General, Budget Office of the Federation (BOF)).

It was towards the tail end of the fun-filled fellowship that Akabueze, in response to tributes, rose to speak. He started by paying glowing tribute to Asiwaju Bola Tinubu for the opportunity to serve in Lagos State.

According to him, he was already in high-level talk with a notable personality in Nigeria then and the arrangement was for him to be part of the Anambra State cabinet.

However, in a twist and turn of fate, Tinubu was swift and savvy in approaching him having known him while working in the banking sector earlier on. This was how he got appointed to the cabinet of Lagos State, an Igbo man, originally from Anambra.

Such was the hunger and longing in Tinubu for cerebral, competent and capable men and women who can hold their own as he desires result-oriented leadership. This same trait was visible in Steve Jobs, co-founder, chief executive and chairman of Apple Computer, who opinionated thus: “the secret of my success is that we have gone to exceptional lengths to hire the best people in the world.”

This columnist believes that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (BAT), if he eventually wins at the presidential polls of February 2023 and becomes the President of Nigeria, will still go the same route to hire the best to move the country forward irrespective of the region or religion of the personae involved.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by Kewtt: 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2022
Be BATified

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by Throwback: 9:43pm On Sep 22, 2022
Tinubu is the true unifier.

While Anambra was sacking Igbos from Abia and Imo, Lagos was employing Igbos from all over the SouthEast and making an Anambra man a member of the cabinet.

Today that man is the DG of the Federal Budget Office.

Tinubu is the maker of men.

A 1st class brain who built a working and growing Lagos that has provided jobs for many youths all over the country.

He pioneered local government restructuring in Nigeria.
He pioneered IPP for state-private electricity generation in Nigeria.

He partnered with private experts to develop the Eko Atlantic project to fight coastal erosion, and the Lekki Free Trade Zone that is housing the Dangote refinery.

He set up new agencies to better manage the chaos of Lagos traffic (LASTMA) and waste (LAWMA), and other states have since copied.

1st state Government to employ Oracle ERP to serve as the backbone of the civil service personnel data management.

Pioneered the return of missionary schools to their founders. Other states copied such policy.

Tinubu is the candidate of we the Nigerian youths.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by specialmati(m): 9:47pm On Sep 22, 2022
Kewtt:
Be BATified
grin grin grin grin grin grin so with your brain intact you choose batified over Obident. Just like you choose buhari over Goodluck. Chai na wa no wonder the country is a mess

1 Like

Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by Kewtt: 9:47pm On Sep 22, 2022
The All Progressives Congress (APC) North-west Youth Leader, Abdulhamid Mohammad, has urged Igbos in Nigeria to vote for the presidential candidate of the ruling party, Bola Tinubu, in the 2023 general elections.

Mr Mohammad made the appeal on Tuesday while speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kaduna.

He said the call became necessary considering what the APC presidential candidate did for the Igbos in Nigeria.

According to him, no other presidential candidate has done what Mr Tinubu did for the Igbos.

“It is time for them to pay back by voting massively for him in the upcoming general elections,” he said.

Mr Mohammad described Mr Tinubu as a “detribalised” leader, adding that when the Igbos “left the South-east in droves, they were welcomed into Lagos” by Mr Tinubu, who was then the state governor.

The APC youth leader added that the APC presidential flag bearer gave the Igbos “an avenue to flourish” in their various businesses.

“Unlike in the South-east where traders are forced to sit at home by hoodlums, the blueprint laid by Tinubu made Lagos a conducive atmosphere for the Igbos to conduct their businesses without any hindrance.

“Tinubu ran an inclusive government and was among the pioneer governors who started appointing non-indigenes as state executives, as many Igbos have benefited from such administrative initiatives

He appointed an Igbo man from Anambra State, Ben Akabueze, as the key special adviser for Economic Planning and Budget for eight years from 1999 to 2007,” Mr Mohammad said.

His importance to Lagos

Although Ben Akabueze did not hold a cabinet level position during the administration of Bola Tinubu, he was his key Adviser on Budget and planning. This period, Ben Akabueze was the CEO of NAL Bank Plc (now Sterling Bank Plc ).

But in 2007, Governor Babatunde Fashola named him as the Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget, making him the only Igbo official in the State Executive Council.

1 Like

Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by Peterobi90: 9:49pm On Sep 22, 2022
Ben Akabueze should go with his family and relatives to thank Tinubu having turned down same cabinet Job in Anambra...

But for Nigeria 2023, we cant gamble with out lives when we have better options of stronger, more sound, integrity tested, verifiable track record individuals over an aged leader with failing health, we have been down this road before and we whom are left alive are barely hanging on.

1 Like

Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by Okoroawusa: 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2022
I am BATified

1 Like

Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by Kewtt: 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2022
Okoroawusa:
I am BATified
Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by specialmati(m): 9:51pm On Sep 22, 2022
Throwback:

While Anambra was sacking Igbos from Abia and Imo, Lagos was employing Igbos from all over the SouthEast and making an Anambra man a member of the cabinet.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin yes ooh. He made buhari too. As you are praising him for this one, praise him also for Buhari. The buhari he made has messed the country ooh. Dollar from 200 to 700. What will Nigerians do to a man that gave them calamity

Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by Kewtt: 9:54pm On Sep 22, 2022
Why Igbo should be led by Tinubu.
Why should anyone be led by Tinubu?
By Babs Olugbemi on March 10, 2022

In April 2019, I wrote an article titled the job is for Asiwaju Tinubu, where I admonished the APC national leader to establish the Generational Leadership Transition Scheme (GLTS).

The GLTS will be a centre of leadership excellence where people who have shown leadership traces in careers or businesses are trained to transit into public office leaders with Nigeria’s prosperity as the core objective of the initiative. My motive is to encourage more technocrats to be involved in public affairs rather than sitting on the side chasing personal comfort at the cost of general progress.

Last month, I made a promise to my esteem readers and followers to revise my 2019 article calling for Tinubu to deepen his leadership influence based on recent development amid his intention to be the president of Nigeria.

A leader who takes responsibility for his people get advanced. It is a law of leadership. The more you invest in people, the more your influence increases

As a leadership coach and consultant, leaders who had transformed their societies had done so developing people, creating enabling environments and, above all is, the determination to be selfless in approach. The leader, the led and the leadership environment must align for any leader to be effective. Leadership anywhere in the world is simply about the result and the relationship developed while achieving the outcome.

No one can over flogged the impacts on generational leaders like Harry Lee Kuan Yew, Nelson Mandela, Roosevelt Franklin and Mahatma Gandhi, to mention a few. The difference between Nigeria and Singapore if you analyse their histories and records of progress is Lee Kuan Yew. He discovered leaders, invested in people’s capacity. He created the enabling environment that transformed his country and continued the transformation after his death. He created a culture of continuous progress with his leadership approach.

Whenever I speak on leadership and institutional development anywhere in the world, I make a profound but controversial statement that at first seems to be illogical. I have caused uproars in different top-level engagements whenever I unequivocally tell my audience that leaders are not primarily responsible for the result they produce. Leaders are accountable for the outcome they are expected to deliver.

However, leaders’ primary responsibility isn’t to create the result. They are to ensure those who produce results are identified, equipped, motivated, enabled and rewarded for the outcome. Take a football coach as an example. He is not likely to score goals and defend the goalkeeper. Howbeit, his forte ensures the players do what is expected to deliver results based on the agreed pattern of play and with an unwavering commitment to the team. Let’s put logic before emotion and not emotions before logic, as our subconscious mind is conditioned to behave.

Igbo Why should you be led by Tinubu?

Ahmed Tinubu became the governor of Lagos State in 1999. That is equivalent to being the governor of Nigeria. No state in Nigeria is more cosmopolitan than Lagos. There is no place in the world with the highest concentration and representation of Nigerians in her different ethnicity and religious composition than Lagos. Being a governor of Lagos State should be a platform for leadership advancement saves for our tenacious inclination for ethnic affiliation. Suppose you can succeed in Lagos as a political leader or governor. In that case, you should have built the required governance capacity for a complex Nigeria.

Read also: Tinubu meets APC Reps over presidential ambition next Wednesday

What did Tinubu do with Lagos, a rare platform to showcase leadership in a multi-ethnic society like Nigeria? I will limit my submission to people (identifying and developing others) leaving the environment and other factors for another day.

Let’s take a clue from Tinubu’s team as a governor and focus on how diversified the group was and why leaders that focused on people that can deliver value will consistently outperform those with a bias for ethnicity above competence.

In Tinubu’s eight-year reign as the governor of Lagos, he identified and developed people like Rauf Aregbesola, Yemi Osinbajo, Wale Edun, Lai Mohammed, Arthur Worrey, Dele Alake, Ben Akabueze, and many others. The names I have mentioned are not indigenes of Lagos State before and after they made it to Tinubu’s cabinets as commissioners.

Arthur Worrey, the first commissioner for lands, is from Delta State. The Vice-President, Yemi Osinbajo, once claimed he never met with Tinubu before being appointed a commissioner for justice and the Lagos State’s attorney general. Under Tinubu, many justices were appointed as judges of Lagos State’s court without considering their states of origin. As long as you can do the job and have a profile that can achieve results, Tinubu doesn’t have a problem with where you come from. After all, they are Nigerians.
Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by Kewtt: 9:55pm On Sep 22, 2022
angry
Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by walefresh3(m): 9:58pm On Sep 22, 2022
Kewtt:

“I not only use the brains I have – I use all the brains I can borrow.” – Woodrow Wilson, 28th President of USA.

The second term of the administration of Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN, as the Governor of Lagos State, was winding up in May 2015 and this columnist was privileged to be part of the invitees to a special send off event of the then Honourable Commissioner of Budget and Economic Planning, Mr. Ben Akabueze (now Director General, Budget Office of the Federation (BOF)).

It was towards the tail end of the fun-filled fellowship that Akabueze, in response to tributes, rose to speak. He started by paying glowing tribute to Asiwaju Bola Tinubu for the opportunity to serve in Lagos State.

According to him, he was already in high-level talk with a notable personality in Nigeria then and the arrangement was for him to be part of the Anambra State cabinet.

However, in a twist and turn of fate, Tinubu was swift and savvy in approaching him having known him while working in the banking sector earlier on. This was how he got appointed to the cabinet of Lagos State, an Igbo man, originally from Anambra.

Such was the hunger and longing in Tinubu for cerebral, competent and capable men and women who can hold their own as he desires result-oriented leadership. This same trait was visible in Steve Jobs, co-founder, chief executive and chairman of Apple Computer, who opinionated thus: “the secret of my success is that we have gone to exceptional lengths to hire the best people in the world.”

This columnist believes that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (BAT), if he eventually wins at the presidential polls of February 2023 and becomes the President of Nigeria, will still go the same route to hire the best to move the country forward irrespective of the region or religion of the personae involved.

“Market your candidate” You only post Peter” yen yen…Initially we were jejely promoting Tinubu and minding our business.

But Peter’s do.gs were insulting anybody anyhow and they were proud, they call them selves vawlence supporters thjkjiibgfffhuubji.

We gave them room to change but the insults and lies became more on our candidate.

We knew the only way to tame a madd man is to also act madd. We dropped our crowns and went into the mud with them.

We became the attacker, they’re now crying and begging us to stop.

Every where in my comment section are obidents begging Jewel to sell Tinubu and leave Peter…

You say what? Free Peter, we will apply breaks after my candidate is declared winner.

Some are even begging me to attack Atiku and leave Peter. Well Atiku supporters are courteous, we will do issue based argument with them.

But you see you obituaries, it’s fire for fire till Election Day.

Wawu, so you people can be this humble? I thought you guys had the monopoly for uncouthness.

Same people that said Tinubu’s certificates were fake can’t take quarter of the heat.

They have been crying and begging us to stop since we discovered pita’s forged certificate.

You see this election eeh, na war.

Like I said b!le for b!le

Bigotry for bigotry

Lie for lie

Insult for insult

Vawlence for Vawlence

Propaganda for propaganda

S!ap for s!ap

Let the better team win
Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by Kewtt: 10:00pm On Sep 22, 2022
Shun violence. Save Nigeria. Vote Bola Tinubu.
Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by wingmanIII: 10:00pm On Sep 22, 2022
Dumb and silly thread.
Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by tishbite42: 10:02pm On Sep 22, 2022
Throwback:

A 1st class brain who built a working and growing Lagos that has provided jobs for many youths all over the country.

He pioneered local government restructuring in Nigeria.
He pioneered IPP for state-private electricity generation in Nigeria.

He partnered with private experts to develop the Eko Atlantic project to fight coastal erosion, and the Lekki Free Trade Zone that is housing the Dangote refinery.

He set up new agencies to better manage the chaos of Lagos traffic (LASTMA) and waste (LAWMA), and other states have since copied.

1st state Government to employ Oracle ERP to serve as the backbone of the civil service personnel data management.

Pioneered the return of missionary schools to their founders. Other states copied such policy.

Tinubu is the candidate of we the Nigerian youths.
Missionary school wey Ambrose Alli return tey tey
Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by paramakina202: 10:04pm On Sep 22, 2022
Kewtt:

What have Ben Akabueze done for Igboland that we should desire more Tinubu servants from 2023 as our reward?
Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by Kewtt: 10:04pm On Sep 22, 2022
For emphasis, the direct beneficiaries of Tinubu’s benevolence include the following men and women (on the list of politicians and technocrats published by Jumi Rhodes in nairaland Forum of 24th November, 2015): Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (Nigeria’s Vice-President, was Tinubu’s Commissioner for Justice); Mr. Babatunde Fashola,SAN (Minister of Power, Works & Housing, was Tinubu’s Chief of Staff); Dr. Babatunde Fowler (Former Lagos Tax Chief now Chairman, Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS);Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode (Lagos State Governor); Engr.Rauf Aregbesola (Osun State Governor; Ex-Lagos Commissioner for Works); Alhaji Lai Muhammed (Minister of Information, was Chief of Staff – Governor’s Office – during Tinubu’s 1st term); Mr. Dele Alake (One-time Special Adviser, Information & Strategy, for Tinubu); Dr. Muiz Banire, SAN (Ex-Lagos Commissioner, Special Duties); Dr. Kayode Fayemi (Minister of Solid Minerals; Former Ekiti State Governor); Senator Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun State Governor); Senator Olorunnimbe Mamora; Senator Ganiu Solomon; Senator Solomon Adeola(former House of Representatives member now Senator);Senator Gbenga Ashafa; Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila (House of Representatives member); Mrs. Kemi Nelson; Senator Babajide Omoworare; Mr. Ade Ipaye and Mr. Wale Edun.

The galaxy of stars who got their groove from Tinubu is unending, including people like Hon. Bamidele Opeyemi, through whom Fayemi got into the Tinubu kingdom; Mr. Ben Akabueze; Joe Igbokwe; Mr. Sasore; Femi Pedro and Senator Musiliu Obanikoro
Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by Kewtt: 10:04pm On Sep 22, 2022
paramakina202:

What have Ben Akabueze done for Igboland that we should desire more Tinubu servants from 2023 as our reward?

You may recall that at the time Tinubu was sworn in as Governor of Lagos State in 1999 the following were also sworn in as Governors of their respective states: Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State; Boni Haruna of Adamawa State; Victor Attah of Akwa Ibom State; Chinwoke Mbadinuju of Anambra State; Adamu Mu’azu of Bauchi State; Diepreye Alamieyeseigha of Bayelsa State; George Akume of Benue State; Mala Kachalla of Borno State; Donald Duke of Cross River State; James Ibori of Delta State; Sam Egwu of Ebonyi State; Lucky Igbinedion of Edo State; Niyi Adebayo of Ekiti State; Chimaroke Nnamani of Enugu State; Abubakar Habu Hashidu of Gombe State; Achike Udenwa of Imo State; Ibrahim Saminu Turaki of Jigawa State; Ahmed Makarfi of Kaduna State; Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of Kano State; Umaru Musa Yar’ Adua of Katsina State; Muhammad Adamu Aliero of Kebbi State; Abubakar Audu of Kogi State; Mohammed Lawal of Kwara State; Abdullahi Adamu of Nasarawa; Abdul Kadir Kure of Niger State; Olusegun Osoba of Ogun State; Adebayo Adefarati of Ondo State; Adebisi Akande of Osun State; Lam Adesina of Oyo State; Joshua Dariye of Plateau State; Peter Odili of Rivers State; Attahiru Bafarawa of Sokoto State; Jolly Nyame of Taraba State; Bukar Abba Ibrahim of Yobe State; and Ahmad Sani Yerima of Zamfara State.

Tinubu survived. He's thriving. Ask for your former governors. This is why you must vote Tinubu. He's a visionary leader par excellence
Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by Kewtt: 10:09pm On Sep 22, 2022
Senate President Bukola Saraki is a friend of his who knows him to his bedroom and village, and the relationship between Kwara and his state is one that foists on him a duty to act even in spite of himself.

He's a political Jagaban without borders.
Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by paramakina202: 10:11pm On Sep 22, 2022
Kewtt:

You may recall that at the time Tinubu was sworn in as Governor of Lagos State in 1999 the following were also sworn in as Governors of their respective states: Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State; Boni Haruna of Adamawa State; Victor Attah of Akwa Ibom State; Chinwoke Mbadinuju of Anambra State; Adamu Mu’azu of Bauchi State; Diepreye Alamieyeseigha of Bayelsa State; George Akume of Benue State; Mala Kachalla of Borno State; Donald Duke of Cross River State; James Ibori of Delta State; Sam Egwu of Ebonyi State; Lucky Igbinedion of Edo State; Niyi Adebayo of Ekiti State; Chimaroke Nnamani of Enugu State; Abubakar Habu Hashidu of Gombe State; Achike Udenwa of Imo State; Ibrahim Saminu Turaki of Jigawa State; Ahmed Makarfi of Kaduna State; Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of Kano State; Umaru Musa Yar’ Adua of Katsina State; Muhammad Adamu Aliero of Kebbi State; Abubakar Audu of Kogi State; Mohammed Lawal of Kwara State; Abdullahi Adamu of Nasarawa; Abdul Kadir Kure of Niger State; Olusegun Osoba of Ogun State; Adebayo Adefarati of Ondo State; Adebisi Akande of Osun State; Lam Adesina of Oyo State; Joshua Dariye of Plateau State; Peter Odili of Rivers State; Attahiru Bafarawa of Sokoto State; Jolly Nyame of Taraba State; Bukar Abba Ibrahim of Yobe State; and Ahmad Sani Yerima of Zamfara State.

Tinubu survived. He's thriving. Ask for your former governors. This is why you must vote Tinubu. He's a visionary leader par excellence

Under gun point I won't vote for Tinubu he is not my choice.He should go and take a deserved rest like others.He survived over the years doing what exactly?Looting Lagos state treasury abi.
Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by Kewtt: 10:13pm On Sep 22, 2022
paramakina202:

Under gun point I won't vote for Tinubu he is not my choice.He should go and take a deserved rest like others.He survived over the years doing what exactly?Looting Lagos state treasury abi.

Allegations and mere allegations. It's your right. But quit casting unproven aspersions

On Tinubu's Mandate We Stand
Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by Kewtt: 10:26pm On Sep 22, 2022
datribune:

Check his antecedents, Utomi is not brilliant, it's just hype. dis guy as economic adviser kept giving wrong advice to d utterly corrupt & disastrous Shagari govt which ran our economy aground & brought great grief to our nation.
All companies ran by him - Bank PHB, Baywood continental, Volkswagen of Nigeria etc ar all moribund.
He was also quizzed by d EFCC 4 collecting a 2.7b naira loan frm his Bank PHB which he also ran aground & is yet to refund. I wish d govt will re-visit his case.

You mean pat Utomi
paramakina202:

Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by techWriter3: 1:10am On Sep 23, 2022
Be BATified
Re: Mr Ben Akabueze: A Product Of Tinubu's Sagacity. Igbo Be Wise by datribune: 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2022
Kewtt:

You mean pat Utomi
Yes, Pat Utomi

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ibadan Set For Solidarity Walk For Tinubu/Shettima (Pictures) / Video: MC Sings Obi Kererenke Obi In PDP Campaign Rally In Akwa Ibom State / Leaders Of Pdp Support Group In Sokoto Join Apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.