Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN (21585 Views)

Police Plan Posting Of Kolo Yusuf To Kano - Daily Nigerian / Jangebe Abductions: 24-Hour Curfew Imposed As Violence Mar Schoolgirls' Reunion / Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by dre11(m): 4:34am On Sep 23, 2022
Presidency planning to ‘impose’ Yusuf Buhari’s doctor as CMD of National Hospital

By Umar Audu

Forces at the Presidency are making frantic efforts to compromise the process of appointing a substantive Chief Medical Director, CMD, of the National Hospital, Abuja, DAILY NIGERIAN gathered.

The Aso Rock forces, it was gathered, are planning to influence the appointment of Dr. Mahmud Raji, as the CMD of the hospital despite his disqualification by the selection board.

Mr Raji is the doctor who treated the son of the president, Yusuf Buhari, after suffering life-threatening injuries in a motorbike accident in Abuja in 2017.

On March 8, 2022, the Board of National hospital had placed an advertisement in some national dailies, calling on suitably qualified candidates to apply for the post of the CMD.

Part of the requirements, as announced by the Director of Administration and Secretary of the Board, Dr Peter Ekwagkhide, included registration with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria not less than 15 years post qualification.

The advert stipulated that a candidate “must be a fellow of either the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West Africa Postgraduate Medical College or its equivalent registrable by the medical and Dental Council of Nigeria”.

Another requirement is that the candidate must have been a consultant for a minimum of 10 years.

DAILY NIGERIAN gathered that 19 applicants applied for the number-one job in the hospital but only six candidates were shortlisted for an oral/written interview.

Thirteen other applicants, including Mr Raji, were disqualified.

Those shortlisted are Dr Oluwole Olaomi, South West; Dr Oniyangi, North Central; Dr Yau Gagarawa, North West; Prof Abdulkadir Ayanniyi, South West; Dr Dike Obalum, South-South and; Prof. Muhammad Danfulani, North West.

DAILY NIGERIAN learnt that a date was earlier set for the conduct of the interview but the board suddenly postponed the final interview indefinitely, due to alleged “orders from the above”.

An email dated September 6 and signed by the Director of Administration and Secretary of the Board, Peter Ekwagkhide, notified the shortlisted candidates about the postponement.

“Further to our letter of Invitation Ref. No: NHA/ADMIN/ 563/V.I dated 6th September 2022, I regret to inform you that the date for the conduct of the written Examination and Oral Interview for the position of CMD has been postponed indefinitely and a new date shall be communicated to you. Please acknowledge the receipt of this email,” the email read.

A source familiar with the leadership tussle however told DAILY NIGERIAN that the postponement was part of the game plan of the Villa forces to appoint Mr Raji through the back door.

The source noted that Mr Raji, who is a neurologist at the Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital Zaria, lacked requisite administrative experience stipulated by the board.

Dr Mahmud Raji does not have any administrative experience. He has never been a head of a department. So he does not qualify to be the CMD of the National hospital.

The Presidency is only out to reward him for treating the president’s son,” the source added.

Reacting to the allegations, Mr Raji said as a Nigerian citizen he had the right to apply for any position he deemed suitable.

He denied knowledge of his disqualification by the selection board, saying he had not seen the list.

I’m a Nigerian and I can apply for any post. I applied just like anybody else, and then I’m qualified. I have not seen the list and I don’t know anything about it. If I am invited for an interview I will attend, that just what I can tell you,” he said.

When contacted for comment, the Director of Administration and Secretary of the hospital board, Peter Ekwagkhide, initially declined to comment on the matter.

But when asked further by our correspondent, he said he was not aware of the imposition plans, and that the process was still ongoing.

“To my knowledge, I don’t know anything of that nature. At the same time I’m not in a good position to speak on this. But what I can tell you is that the process is ongoing,” he said.

Mr Ekwagkhide did not reveal when the board would resume the selection process.

https://dailynigerian.com/exclusive-presidency-planning/

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by lalstaffvs: 4:35am On Sep 23, 2022
Oh
Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by Moh247: 4:37am On Sep 23, 2022
cool

Doctors should not be CMD of an hospital, it's a managerial role... Babangida started this absolute nonsense

Almost all best hospitals in the world have Managers and executive with management skills not Medical skills

hospital administrators, patient care managers, and practice are all qualified professionals

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by Anigreat: 4:44am On Sep 23, 2022
shocked

Most uselèss administration of all time and nothing so hurtful than instead of trying to salvage the ruins of this administration by voting in someone who's driven by passion to serve, inconsequential beings want to vote in someone who literally has nothing to offer rather than shouting "It's my turn" with age no longer on his side . so shameful and urchins are shameless

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by Nobody: 4:48am On Sep 23, 2022
Anything wrong with that? Most people that are so quick at condemning people in power will do worse if they have same opportunity.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by Racoon(m): 4:48am On Sep 23, 2022
Another nepotic appointment being schemed up by the government and its cabal. The trademark zero tolerance for merit and competence under the Buhari regime

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by Racoon(m): 4:51am On Sep 23, 2022
Rozross:
Anything wrong with that? Most people that are so quick at condemning people in power will do worse if they have same opportunity.
Two wrongs does not make a right. Many medical doctors and healthcare workers have left and many will still leave this country. For the few remaining, let things be done right. Nigeria have suffered enough.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by ValCon888: 5:41am On Sep 23, 2022
Nothing about this Buhari's government surprises me anymore. If he likes let him appoint bandit leader as head of the Nigerian army that's his business.

Nigerians will still outlive and outlast him and his family.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by Fkmodhi: 6:01am On Sep 23, 2022
Na wa oooo another Fulani

1 Like

Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by slivertongue: 6:08am On Sep 23, 2022
Family matter
Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by tishbite42: 6:29am On Sep 23, 2022
Zombies must have sense
Afonjas think sey na dem and Fulani go rule Nigeria
Dem no know sey Gambari see them as willing tools

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by Maxymilliano(m): 6:45am On Sep 23, 2022
shocked Nepotism at the highest level

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by Allison012: 7:01am On Sep 23, 2022
Make buhari kuku appoint himself as the CMD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by Xbobtage: 7:18am On Sep 23, 2022
Extreme Nepotism was how this President threw our economy into this botomless pit by putting his tribesmen into leadership position that they were not qualified to be in. God will judge you and everyone still campaigning for APC.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by GeneralOjukwu: 8:01am On Sep 23, 2022
tishbite42:
Zombies must have sense
Afonjas think sey na dem and Fulani go rule Nigeria
Dem no know sey Gambari see them as willing tools

.... and yeebos as ? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by GeneralOjukwu: 8:02am On Sep 23, 2022
Buhari and nepotism are 5 & 6. Useless!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by StrongAlphMale: 8:04am On Sep 23, 2022
This is exactly why Nigeria urgently needs Peter obi so that all these nonsense will stop.

A vote for peter Obi is a vote for better Nigeria. Vote wisely

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by Kingozymandias(m): 8:10am On Sep 23, 2022
GeneralOjukwu:

Stop quoting Sarki with that old tweet. He has since apologized for this. Stop vilifying him this way angry
Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by tishbite42: 9:11am On Sep 23, 2022
GeneralOjukwu:

Rebels since 1914

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by Period007(m): 9:29am On Sep 23, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Doctors should not be CMD of an hospital, it's a managerial role... Babangida started this absolute nonsense

Almost all best hospitals in the world have Managers and executive with management skills not Medical skills

hospital administrators, patient care managers, and practice are all qualified professionals

Normally you are a very intelligent fellow buh your only shortcomings is religion and tribalism.
Work on that,and the sky will be your limits

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by detectivejones: 9:44am On Sep 23, 2022
Last minute favours, it will soon end.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by Green3x3: 11:00am On Sep 23, 2022
Checkout my signature to learn hacking
PayPal hacking
Instagram hacking
Facebook hacking
Wifi hacking
Phone hacking
Etc
Like, subscribe and follow the channel for more content
Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by Mrmanability: 11:00am On Sep 23, 2022
An just eager to see this tenure have come to an end..
So disgusting set of people.

PDP all the way
Atiku is a sure bet
The unfier
Just be Atikulated.

Everly na PDP I de vote for..
Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by IMASTEX: 11:00am On Sep 23, 2022
Okay
Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 23, 2022
Also Rick canals n scandals
Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by Hopepe(m): 11:00am On Sep 23, 2022
Moh247:
cool

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by Kisscharo: 11:01am On Sep 23, 2022
tongue
Re: Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN by seunny4lif(m): 11:01am On Sep 23, 2022
By the time Buhari is done with Nigerians, una go vote wisely next time

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How President Goodluck Jonathan Unwinds / Amaechi’s Brother Hospitalised After Machete Attack By Thugs / Video: Watch President Jonathan's BBC Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.