Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? (743 Views)

Entire Labour Party Structure In Jigawa Collapses Into APC / Buhari’s CPC Seizes Control Of APC Party Structure - ThisDay / David Mark, Gabriel Suswam Hand Over PDP Party Structure To Gov. Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by N3TRAL: 5:02pm On Sep 23, 2022
Are APC and PDP structures in Nigeria a myth or reality?

There are 176846 (One Hundred Seventy Six Thousand Eight Hundred and Forty Six ) polling units across Nigeria.

As it stands today, APC and PDP have at least one agent in each of the polling units.

If that agent brings just "5" (five ) people who may be his friends, community neighbour, or family member, it would be 6 people to vote for either APC or PDP in those places.

176846 * 6 = 1,061,076

As it stands today, if INEC announces this evening that there will be Presidential Election across Nigeria by 8AM tomorrow morning, APC and PDP are sure of at least 1 million votes each without campaign, preparation or even buying votes.

That is what party structure means.

This is not a permutation. It is a straightforward analysis. Counter it with superior arguments.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by PresidObi: 5:03pm On Sep 23, 2022
Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 23, 2022
Myth
Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by NotBeenPaid: 5:05pm On Sep 23, 2022

A myth. It's what you've been made to believe. The people are the structure.

1 Like

Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by N3TRAL: 5:10pm On Sep 23, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

A myth. It's what you've been made to believe. The people are the structure.

Are the party agents and their immediate family members I mentioned above robots, goats or birds?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by Coolbreezz: 5:11pm On Sep 23, 2022
Myths
Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by Softmirror: 5:12pm On Sep 23, 2022
N3TRAL:

Are the party agents and their immediate family members I mentioned above robots, goats or birds?

grin
Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by NotBeenPaid: 5:12pm On Sep 23, 2022
N3TRAL:

Riggers and ballot box snatchers!
Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by KingKO22: 5:17pm On Sep 23, 2022
The people that never won presidential election would start countering it now grin

Even in US, UK and other developed countries. Political structure play pivotal role for political party.

Then why do we have major opposition party if all opposition parties can boost of the required structure ?

APC became a ruling party as a result of available structures by the marged parties.
Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by Aiel123: 5:18pm On Sep 23, 2022
Structures are realities...
Anyone that consider it a myth is living in Dreamland.
Nice point you raised Op
Waiting for those "obidients" to come and counter
Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by AdamuKD: 5:30pm On Sep 23, 2022
It's all about sharing of money and rigging election but next year's own will be different
Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by Asgard73: 5:37pm On Sep 23, 2022
Obidiwnys will disappear from this thread grin

But that’s the reality..

They keep saying the people are the structure.. simply because they just don’t understand what party structure is

And why no state house or anything decamped to Labour in anambra state .. or obi region of influence

Talk more south south

Wetin we know

Maybe Na Wike go decamp las las grin

Power to the people
North 2023
Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by Scribx: 5:39pm On Sep 23, 2022
Op, has agent(s) of any political party mobilised you to show interest in voting before? Or influenced you on who to vote for? If so, how often? We can contest the reality of what you believe from there.

In all the election seasons I have witnessed, neither has happened to me, I'm sure many are like that too. Political machinery is overrated.
Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by Mikeloo: 6:02pm On Sep 23, 2022
N3TRAL:

There are 176846 (One Hundred Seventy Six Thousand Eight Hundred and Forty Six ) polling units across Nigeria.

As it stands today, APC and PDP have at least one agent in each of the polling units.

If that agent brings just "5" (five ) people who may be his friends, community neighbour, or family member, it would be 6 people to vote for either APC or PDP in those places.

176846 * 6 = 1,061,076

As it stands today, if INEC announces this evening that there will be Presidential Election across Nigeria by 8AM tomorrow morning, APC and PDP are sure of at least 1 million votes each without campaign, preparation or even buying votes.

This is not a permutation. It is a straightforward analysis. Counter it with superior arguments.

I think your analysis is based on a two-horse race election. But as it seems we may have a four-horse race presidential election next year and the language from everyone is to defend your vote i.e. vote and stay for the count. Social media has help a lot to reduce any mago mago from the election officials

I believe when the campaign start proper and any party that can maintain the momentum till 25th February, 2023 for campaign and sensitization as well as good policy will naturally build a structure without any agent.

As it stands, we have over 96m registered voters. If half of these come out to vote with an average of 200 voters per PU, any party that garners one-third vote from each PU with or without agent is sure to go for runoff election or win out rightly.

Next year Presidential election likely to be a replica of 1979 election
Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by PandoraObi: 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2022
Hehehehehe nlfpmod seun lalasticlala mynd44, this will nice on front-page
Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by N3TRAL: 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2022
Mikeloo:

I think your analysis is based on a two-horse race election. But as it seems we may have a four-horse race presidential election next year and the language from everyone is to defend your vote i.e. vote and stay for the count. Social media has help a lot to reduce any mago mago from the election officials

I believe when the campaign start proper and any party that can maintain the momentum till 25th February, 2023 for campaign and sensitization as well as good policy will naturally build a structure without any agent.

As it stands, we have over 96m registered voters. If half of these come out to vote with an average of 200 voters per PU, any party that garners one-third vote from each PU with or without agent is sure to go for runoff election or win out rightly.

Next year Presidential election likely to be a replica of 1979 election

You're missing the point. The post does not talk about new voters or even ordinary voters. It talks about APC and PDP card carrying members and their immediate family or friends.
Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by Mikeloo: 6:18pm On Sep 23, 2022
N3TRAL:

You're missing the point. The post does not talk about new voters or even ordinary voters. It talks about APC and PDP card carrying members and their immediate family or friends.

I understand your analysis which is simple and straightforward. But it is not a sure-bet that APC or PDP will have over a million votes from the agents. Do you think all card carrying members including agents will actually be loyal on that election day? I would expect you build an assumption like half of the agent are able to do their work well to get voters on their side

1 Like

Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by N3TRAL: 6:27pm On Sep 23, 2022
Mikeloo:

I understand your analysis which is simple and straightforward. But it is not a sure-bet that APC or PDP will have over a million votes from the agents. Do you think all card carrying members including agents will actually be loyal on that election day? I would expect you build an assumption like half of the agent are able to do their work well to get voters on their side

Who is more likely to be loyal on election day ?

A Card carrying member who worked for the Party for 10 years, invested everything in the party? Stepped down on one instance for an older member to be awarded the office of ward councillor in 2020 and has been promised to become a ward councillor in 2024 during local government elections.

Or

a 21 year old who has subscribed for Netflix and is not sure of going out if it rains?

There are hundreds of thousands of career politicians across Nigeria's grassroot politics whose entire hope of getting their next meal, building a house and feeding their children depends on returning their party's candidate.

Betraying their political party is like dropping out of school of medicine for no reason at 600 level.

3 Likes

Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by Tochi3(m): 6:30pm On Sep 23, 2022
My dear friend I do not understand your calculations, opinion, views,statistics, or whatever it may be... The times have changed drastically.. poo'hari is the culprit..

My take is you should find you first a nearest or the nearest beer parlour... have a chilled beer..

when you finish sleep and after waking up read what you wrote ...come back and let's gist about it... Not the beer parlour kind of gist ...

My 2 cents
Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by Tenses: 6:41pm On Sep 23, 2022
Structure in Nigeria is not a myth but it is built on lies.

Lie that it's the political class that are the structure reason for the crosscarpeting we see in every election year by politicians. For long we the people have allowed this selfish politicians to think for us. To detect for us who to vote using tribalism, ethnicity and region but their little game is up!! The people are wiser now. They have realise that the people are the structure.

The people in 2023 are voting wisely.
Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by Mikeloo: 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2022
N3TRAL:

A Card carrying member who worked for the Party for 10 years, invested everything in the party? Stepped down on one instance for an older member to be awarded the office of ward councillor in 2020 and has been promised to become a ward councillor in 2024 during local government elections.

Or

a 21 year old who has subscribed for Netflix and is not sure of going out if it rains?

There are hundreds of thousands of career politicians across Nigeria's grassroot politics whose entire hope of getting their next meal, building a house and feeding their children depends on returning their party's candidate.

Betraying their political party is like dropping out of school of medicine for no reason at 600 level.

Answer to your question: NONE. I disagree on the bolded except you prove with statistics. Times have changed. Many Nigerians now demand accountability over gratification. If you have been to the Northern part of the country recently you will understand this

1 Like

Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by Davidganna10: 6:56pm On Sep 23, 2022
N3TRAL:

Or

This is the truth, that is why keep on saying obi will need very bug miracle to win.

1 Like

Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by yemmit90: 7:10pm On Sep 23, 2022
Only the dunce and kids will say it is a myth.

Op even forgot, Senators, Reps, their state counterparts, governors, party leaders and stakeholders.

These people have families, friends, workers and larger supporters who are feeding off them. Failure to do their bid will result in losing of their daily bread or favour. Besides, an average poor Nigerian on the street would rather collect his/her 5k/10k to vote the old orders than to follow a new trend.

We might be force to chose between candidates from the two biggest political parties at the end of the day.

God save Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by N3TRAL: 7:12pm On Sep 23, 2022
Mikeloo:

Answer to your question: NONE. I disagree on the bolded except you prove with statistics. Times have changed. Many Nigerians now demand accountability over gratification. If you have been to the Northern part of the country recently you will understand this

Lol, you're still emotional.

For example, below is a delegate donating what he made from this years PDP convention to his community. He has paid school fees for them. Even if its a cup of rice, his community knows he has given them something.

There are indigent families in his community that are hoping that he will buy JAMB forms for their children by March 2023 or April.

They've never seen their Governor or even Local Government Chairman before. This ordinary PDP delegate there is their own government and know that their happiness lies in helping him return pdp in his community.

Bro, fvck it, there's no grammar on earth you'll speak to make those loyal to him vote another party. Same happens in the case of APC.

Call this man by 11pm this evening to give you 500 young people from his community before 8am tomorrow morning and He will deliver.

Politics is local.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/pdp-delegate-donates-proceeds-to-community-members-pays-sch-fees-for-students/amp/

1 Like

Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by techWriter3: 7:12pm On Sep 23, 2022
not the party operatives and their immediate family members I mentioned above robots, goats or birds
Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by N3TRAL: 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2022
techWriter3:
not the party operatives and their immediate family members I mentioned above robots, goats or birds

Are you a bot?
Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by Michelle70(m): 8:47pm On Sep 23, 2022
N3TRAL:

176846 * 6 = 1,061,076

some polling units have only 8voters o
Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by yemex04(m): 5:56am On Sep 24, 2022
Please add councilors who will have at least 30-50 loyalists.. LG Chairmen, HOA Members, HOR members, Senators, Governors, Ministers, Commioners etc... all these mentioned have networks of loyalists in millions put together who would naturally do their biddings irrespective of any other consideration & this is how elections are won in Nigeria... Who ever wants to win an election in Nigeria need the backings of these people to do so & that will not change in 2023 at least. This is just the simple truth.
Re: Political Party Structure In Nigeria: A Myth Or Reality? by ezegold4we: 6:21am On Sep 24, 2022
Pete Obi is brand New engine

Atiku is used engine

Tinubu is abandoned engine,

Dear Nigerian voter, Which engine will u take as your choice come 2023 presidential election?

Drop your tribal and religious mindset and make good use of your Brain and Sense for once,,

You Have been voting for criminal's and Destiny killier's in the name of my tribe and my religion, where has it lead you and your Future to? No nation has ever developed by playing religious and tribal politics, It's Time to vote for competency, capacity and credibility,

Vote wisely, vote for Obi/Datti.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Helping And Rescuing Flood Victimes While Obi Pose For Pictures. / Breaking: Nnamdi Kanu Files Notice Of Appeal Before S/court / Lake Chad: How Tinubu Exposed Ignorance Of Peter Obi’s Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.