Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors (23785 Views)

The Difference Is Very Clear, Dele Momodu Praises Wike Outfit (photo) / "Okowa Betrayed Us!" - Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Tackle Delta Governor / Bayelsa: Wike Says Dickson Traded Off Bayelsa To APCBut Was Blocked By Silva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by bennybuhari: 6:34pm On Sep 23, 2022
Prince Kassim Afegbua, former Commissioner for Information in Edo state on Friday accused Delta State governor, Ifeanyi Okowa of betraying his colleagues in the Southern Governors Forum by working for the presidency to remain in the North.

Speaking in an interview with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Afegbua a former chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said despite the resolution of the Southern Governors that the presidency must return to the South after President Muhammadu Buhari’s eight years, Okowa went behind and supported Atiku Abubakar in picking the PDP presidential ticket.

Afegbua also praised Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike for speaking out over the political imbalance in the PDP, saying those accusing the governor of being combative couldn't fault his claim with superior arguments.

He said "Politicians generally don't want to be told the truth. Why do you think Wike is fighting? Can anybody fault Wike’s reasoning and position on issues? They said he is garrulous, uncouth, lousy and combative. Are those the issues? What Wike is saying, has anybody been able to controvert them with superior arguments?"

"17 Southern Governors met in Asaba in what they called 'Asaba Declaration'. After that, they met in Lagos, Enugu and Umuahia to reaffirm and reemphasize their demands but the likes of Ifeanyi Okowa who hosted the first meeting was going through the backdoor to support an Atiku presidency".

"That is what I find to be very nauseating and unstatesmanly. At certain point in my life, I must be clear-headed in my objectives, vision and my mission. I wouldn't want anyone to take me for a ride. I am always driven by my convictions. If my convictions are not right for a particular project, I will rather not participate in that project than go through the backdoor and stabbing people at the back because I wanted to make an impression".

"Okowa has taken the handshake beyond the elbow and the record of history will put it very succinctly. It doesn't matter whether he becomes Vice-President tomorrow but the process leading to that VP is faulty".

"Everybody you talk to now will say Okowa is a betrayer. That is not a good narrative to leave for his family. At any point in life, don't be selfish with your political interests, rather, look at the bigger picture. . Was Okowa thinking that the South were not reasonable to be asking for the presidency after Buhari’s eight years?".

https://independent.ng/pdp-crisis-afegbua-praises-wike-says-okowa-betrayed-southern-govs/

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by Asgard73: 6:39pm On Sep 23, 2022
Afegbue is he not the fool working for Apc?

What else

Apc has been the party behind wikes noise .. they already lost Lagos and Kano to lp and NNPP

They happily wish Rivers to be Balkanized

Good is no matter pls or minus

Alpha remains PDP.. and Wike and his Apc bingos will realized This after febuAry

Being a Pdp state no be say Na Wike .. matter .. is tradition.

Power to the people
North 2023

22 Likes 12 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by Givemehope(f): 6:39pm On Sep 23, 2022
By right, Presidency had no business in the north again.

257 Likes 17 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by SadiqBabaSani: 6:42pm On Sep 23, 2022
I am an Isoko man ans I stand with wike 100%

246 Likes 16 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by SadiqBabaSani: 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2022
Asgard73:

What else

Apc has been the party behind wikes noise .. they already lost Lagos and Kano to lp and NNPP

Alpha remains PDP.. and Wike and his Apc bingos will realized This after febuAry

Power to the people
North 2023
Mr Man go and rest, tell Atiku your master, the North alone will not make him President because he has stolen the mandate of the Sourh

198 Likes 12 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by GeneralPula: 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2022
Wike is the man. I’m really proud of him. Wish I can meet him.

What he’s doing now, there’s an advantage. Even if he didn’t reap it to himself, the coming southern politicians would reap it..

260 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by Kingspin(m): 6:47pm On Sep 23, 2022
Peace is when you treat everyone FAIR

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by Dapson73(m): 6:52pm On Sep 23, 2022
Comrade Wike, kindly increase the VAWULENCE volume, we want to check something.

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by Isokiscool(m): 6:53pm On Sep 23, 2022
Okowa never betrayed any southern candidate.Those clamouring for power to return south are mostly Tinubu's urchins and this include Kazeem Afegbua.....If we are to fight for southern candidate,d best should have been peter obi but it was this same crying Wike that bullied him out of PDP...Kazeem Afegbua and Wike should go to hell

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by hisexcellency34: 7:08pm On Sep 23, 2022
Atiku doesn't believe in one Nigeria

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by ladiguy(m): 7:12pm On Sep 23, 2022
Isokiscool:
Okowa never betrayed any southern candidate.Those clamouring for power to return south are mostly Tinubu's urchins and this include Kazeem Afegbua.....If we are to fight for southern candidate,d best should have been peter obi but it was this same crying Wike that bullied him out of PDP...Kazeem Afegbua and Wike should go to hell
You no get sense

101 Likes 12 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2022
Wike ready to weak PDP
Give ur children a good name he get y

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by iCauseTrouble: 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2022
cheesy
Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by Chinjo2: 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2022
Wike is just a selfish individual. Is this the kind of man that wanted to be Nigeria's president? If he truly believes that power should come to the south why did he buy nomination form? Why didn't he support Peter Obi from South East knowing fully well that his fellow brother from the south south was the last president of PDP. Wike should Getat

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by Whothecapfits: 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2022
Fact of the matter

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by lessonotes(f): 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2022
Enough abeg
Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by Brendaniel: 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2022
As all these headlines just they roll, I just they happy, anything to make PDP and APC fail is highly welcome...

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by Winters23: 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2022
grin
Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by Wisetrue99: 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2022
bennybuhari:

Okowa went behind and supported Atiku Abubakar in picking the PDP presidential ticket.
https://independent.ng/pdp-crisis-afegbua-praises-wike-says-okowa-betrayed-southern-govs/
Truth be told, PDP is not suppose to field a northerner again

APC fielded a southern candidate but they are not supposed to fill in an old man, who could barely walk for such a rigorous task, someone who supported not too young to run bill

Honestly, how does he want to preside

Labour party fielded a younger southerner, someone whose background can be verified (all checked)

All these politicians are fighting for themselves

Nigerians through Peter Obi are fighting for the soul of Nigeria!

Can Nigeria be revived

Baba God, please help us, there is no place like home!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2022
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2022
Asgard73:

What else

Power to the people
North 2023

Let him work for APC! The only reason some of us aren’t supporting Tinubu is the Muslim-Muslim ticket and Obi. You can’t compare Atiku with Tinubu. Atiku has nothing to offer. Tinubu’s achievements means he is a better candidate by far. The only people supporting Atiku are PDP urchins and the tribalistic ones. Atiku is just buying his way, listen to him carefully and you’ll know he has nothing to offer.

Not for once has Atiku’s camp campaigned with a reasonable achievement. They call him unifier because he married women from different parts of the country and keep referring to his private business as proof that he can manage Nigeria. Are we a joke to you guys? Someone who was VP for 8 years has no achievement to campaign with.

You all keep blaming rival parties for your woes, when you gave your ticket to someone who isn’t marketable because he showed you guys bag of dollars. Do you really think Nigerians care about what’s happening in PDP, that’s strictly internal crisis.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by Didi2d(m): 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2022
Dapson73:
Comrade Wike, kindly increase the VAWULENCE volume, we want to check something.

Wike dey give them hot hot on a daily bases

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by Winters23: 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:
I am an Isoko man ans I stand with wike 100%

Blood

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by sylve11: 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2022
We are supposed to have the likes Osinbajo, Wike and that Adeboye comtesting for presidency.

I nor talk pass like that. cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by nawa4naija(m): 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2022
Wike is just blabbing

His colleagues are just stupid

They should all stand in line

To support Peter Obi

Useless politicians

3 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by excel101(m): 7:29pm On Sep 23, 2022
Asgard73:

What else

Power to the people
North 2023
The biggest fool in life is the one that deceives himself, keep receiving yourself.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors by Akinsete19(m): 7:30pm On Sep 23, 2022
Double wahala grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Governor Wike Vows To Resist "Northern Dominance" / Organisation Of Islamic Countries (OIC) Congratulates President-elect, Tinubu / Why Don't We Have BBC Igbo Or Yoruba Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.