Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,071 members, 7,867,062 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:20 AM

Government Can't Do All But Let Them Try To Create Enabling Environment For Job - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Government Can't Do All But Let Them Try To Create Enabling Environment For Job (123 Views)

Oyebanji Assures Investors Of Enabling Environment In Ekiti / Looters Beg Soldiers To Let Them Loot Peacefully / We Will Provide Enabling Environment For Tech Growth In Lagos - Sanwo-olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Government Can't Do All But Let Them Try To Create Enabling Environment For Job by Alozie21(m): 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2022
The last time I traveled home, the Keke rider that took me from Nnewi to Amichi was lamenting of the tax imposed on them by Soludo government. He said the money is too much to be paid and that he can't afford to pay monthly unless daily.

I asked him if he had paid any tax to the state government since 7 months ago and he answered NO! I now told him if Government has not collected tax money from him since 7 months ago, why can't he save up money from now and be ready to pay once the government is ready to collect the money?

The Keke rider and all the occupants didn't support my argument. They even queried me on why the state government that has not done anything for them should even have a plan to collect tax from them in the first instance. I was surprised and dumbfounded in their thinking. They want good road, security and development but they don't want to assist Government by paying their taxes.

They wanted to be paying daily. But that is not what the state government wants because Government can't employ people to go round Anambra state to be enforcing daily #500 tax collection from the Keke riders of which many of them will device a means to dodge the tax collectors. Collecting the money monthly in a bulk is quite easy for the government but our people are against that. Government wanted to eliminate Agbero from Anambra parks hence its plans to be collecting the money monthly from the transporters.

These same Anambra Keke riders will travel to Lagos and pay whatever Oluomo and his goons tells them to pay but the only difference here is that Lagos state government employs thousands of Agbero to be collecting the money on their behalf but Anambra state government want a digital tax collection system to make sure that all the money enters into state government purse unlike Lagos where about only 20% of the money collected goes into Lagos state government purse while 80% goes into different pockets of individuals.

It is too sad that our people in Anambra doesn't want a sane society. But they will sit down at the comfort of their homes and admires sane societies like Europe and America yet they can't sacrifice to pay their taxes as demanded by the state government in order for their homeland to be like Europe and America.

Today they are protesting in Awka just to make sure they frustrates Soludo Government. I suggest that Soludo Government should ban them and immediately float Government owned transport systems in Anambra. Then any of them that wants to continue in transport business should come for employment. Enough of demanding from your fatherland without looking for what to do for your fatherland.

Re: Government Can't Do All But Let Them Try To Create Enabling Environment For Job by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 23, 2022
Abi ooo
Re: Government Can't Do All But Let Them Try To Create Enabling Environment For Job by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 23, 2022
Fact
Re: Government Can't Do All But Let Them Try To Create Enabling Environment For Job by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 23, 2022
Enabling environment for job/employment/business e.t.c.

Yes!!!

(1) (Reply)

2023: APM Governorship Candidate In Enugu State Promises A Better Deal / Every Village Benefited From Tradermoni, Marketmoni, N-power - Buhari / Buhari Defends FG's Borrowing, Says Debt For Infrastructure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.