Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,985 members, 7,866,707 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:08 AM

FG Contract To Ex- Militant To Curb Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Contract To Ex- Militant To Curb Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria. (126 Views)

New Amnesty Boss, Otuaro Launches Restaurant Built By Ex Militant, Egberi Papa / Asari Dokubo Accuses Military, Cabal Of Oil Theft In Nigeria / Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Contract To Ex- Militant To Curb Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria. by Thepointer: 11:12pm On Sep 23, 2022
In the early 2000 there was armed resistance in the Niger Delta. Staged by the youths in the niger delta. The events of the Era now seem as those days to many of us. The armed attack against the Nigerian state in the crude oil infrastructure and facility, almost leading to an absolute shut down of the sector and facilities were quite a legion almost leading to an absolute shut down of the sector. As the nation arouse solely a mono economy, something had to give, and something gave.

The young men operated militia groups during the struggle, who became enemies of state whilst the insurgency was live, accepted amnesty. The Kingpins became heroes as it were, on the roll call you have got Asari dokubo who was incarcerated for some months leading the list. Tompolo, Ateke tom, Saboma George , just to mention a few. These Kingpins have remained the go to guys by successive government on issues that bother on community relations and sundry issues between the three legged stool which include the federal government, the Oil companies and the communities.

However, lately another leg has been added to the stool which is the security of the oil pipelines. One of the kingpins of the Militia group known as Movement for the emancipation of the Niger Delta ( MEND), was recently awarded a contract worth 4.8 billion monthly to secure the crude oil pipelines, due to the escalation of the crude oil theft which is on an all time high currently, with the country losing in billions of naira to that innit. That is a no brainer really, innit? If we're going to pay N4.8 billion to secure the pipelines you got to be losing billions of naira to that.

So calm down if you think the contract sum was a bit is too much. As Asari dokubo who used to be Tompolo's comrade and arm during the niger delta struggle is entirely adverse to the contract given to tompolo, spitting fire, crying foul and not holding back at all. He dares even the authorities.

According to Dokubo “ Tompolo carry urhobo people own, carry itsekiri own, carry Benin people own even all the bayelsa own. Tell him not to carry Kalabari own for rivers I don't mean the state but Kalabari na im I talk”

A current affairs commentator renowned social critic, activists and President of one love foundation, Chief Dr Osagie Eholor said he has no scruples with the contract, but he requires some clarification. according to him
“ I have no personal issue with tompolo, I know that he has also suffered pains. And whatever he gets I'm not worried about what he's getting or what's coming to him. But I also care about my people. He said he will carry everybody along. We also have pipelines running through Edo state. Therefore, our people are also unemployed, I look at this as a welfare package, and if he's cooperating with us, I will also work with him, but, nobody has a monopoly to violence.

“ I have written him and he is yet to respond to me but I have also approached the court with the Freedom of Information Act (FOI ) I want to know who are the beneficiaries and signatories of the contract.
Tompolo is more of a Gentleman than Asari Dokubo. Asari dokubo’s excesses are getting too much in this country.
I have condemned some his unacceptable acts too. Like the other time when he was parading himself as a king with rifles and Gun, He doesn't have the right to do that.” Dr. Patrick Concluded.

However, Government Epemupolo also known as Tompolo however says he is ready to spread the butter around insisting he is not eating it all.
In his remarks: “ Saturday, Sunday and Monday we are going to move into serious action, where We'll stop all illegal activities in the Niger Delta very soon. We'll still employ the press to support the process, because we don't have any-other place to our country than Nigeria so we need to the do everything within our power to see that we protect out environment, country and nation.

“ My plan for Niger Delta for peace to reign, is to carry every body along. You know People who try to do illegal bunkering usually referred as blow fire., because there's no other means to survive. This is destroying our environment, more than what they are benefiting. So we are now working together with everybody to ensure we follow the right path .”

Those traditional rulers were filled with admiration for their boy and young man and spoke kin glowing terms of him and of course about him. Truth be told in this country, we are far from getting it right with the oil sector. The minister of petroleum resources, who is also the president of Nigeria-President Mohammed Buhari, has done a terrible job in the oil sector.

In the early 2000 there was armed resistance in the Niger Delta. Staged by the youths in the niger delta. The events of the Era now seem as those days to many of us. The armed attack against the Nigerian state in the crude oil infrastructure and facility, almost leading to an absolute shut down of the sector and facilities were quite a legion almost leading to an absolute shut down of the sector. As the nation arouse solely a mono economy, something had to give, and something gave.

The young men operated militia groups during the struggle, who became enemies of state whilst the insurgency was live, accepted amnesty. The Kingpins became heroes as it were, on the roll call you have got Asari dokubo who was incarcerated for some months leading the list. Tompolo, Ateke tom, Saboma George , just to mention a few. These Kingpins have remained the go to guys by successive government on issues that bother on community relations and sundry issues between the three legged stool which include the federal government, the Oil companies and the communities.

However, lately another leg has been added to the stool which is the security of the oil pipelines. One of the kingpins of the Militia group known as Movement for the emancipation of the Niger Delta ( MEND), was recently awarded a contract worth 4.8 billion monthly to secure the crude oil pipelines, due to the escalation of the crude oil theft which is on an all time high currently, with the country losing in billions of naira to that innit. That is a no brainer really, innit? If we're going to pay N4.8 billion to secure the pipelines you got to be losing billions of naira to that.

So calm down if you think the contract sum was a bit is too much. As Asari dokubo who used to be Tompolo's comrade and arm during the niger delta struggle is entirely adverse to the contract given to tompolo, spitting fire, crying foul and not holding back at all. He dares even the authorities.

According to Dokubo “ Tompolo carry urhobo people own, carry itsekiri own, carry Benin people own even all the bayelsa own. Tell him not to carry Kalabari own for rivers I don't mean the state but Kalabari na im I talk”

A current affairs commentator renowned social critic, activists and President of one love foundation, Chief Dr Osagie Eholor said he has no scruples with the contract, but he requires some clarification. according to him
“ I have no personal issue with tompolo, I know that he has also suffered pains. And whatever he gets I'm not worried about what he's getting or what's coming to him. But I also care about my people. He said he will carry everybody along. We also have pipelines running through Edo state. Therefore, our people are also unemployed, I look at this as a welfare package, and if he's cooperating with us, I will also work with him, but, nobody has a monopoly to violence.

“ I have written him and he is yet to respond to me but I have also approached the court with the Freedom of Information Act (FOI ) I want to know who are the beneficiaries and signatories of the contract.
Tompolo is more of a Gentleman than Asari Dokubo. Asari dokubo’s excesses are getting too much in this country.
I have condemned some his unacceptable acts too. Like the other time when he was parading himself as a king with rifles and Gun, He doesn't have the right to do that.” Dr. Patrick Concluded.

However, Government Epemupolo also known as Tompolo however says he is ready to spread the butter around insisting he is not eating it all.
In his remarks: “ Saturday, Sunday and Monday we are going to move into serious action, where We'll stop all illegal activities in the Niger Delta very soon. We'll still employ the press to support the process, because we don't have any-other place to our country than Nigeria so we need to the do everything within our power to see that we protect out environment, country and nation.

“ My plan for Niger Delta for peace to reign, is to carry every body along. You know People who try to do illegal bunkering usually referred as blow fire., because there's no other means to survive. This is destroying our environment, more than what they are benefiting. So we are now working together with everybody to ensure we follow the right path .”

Those traditional rulers were filled with admiration for their boy and young man and spoke kin glowing terms of him and of course about him. Truth be told in this country, we are far from getting it right with the oil sector. The minister of petroleum resources, who is also the president of Nigeria-President Mohammed Buhari, has done a terrible job in the oil sector.

Re: FG Contract To Ex- Militant To Curb Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria. by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:14pm On Sep 23, 2022
another crazy fellow

rubbish
Re: FG Contract To Ex- Militant To Curb Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria. by gaby(m): 11:33pm On Sep 23, 2022
The stage is pleasantly set to reciprocate the same gesture to the Northern version of the militants a.k.a repentant Boko Haram terrorists in a Federal character way.

How una wan take complain.

A joke of a country.

Na this country Zelenski the comedian suppose dey preside over because we are indeed the comedy central of the world...
Re: FG Contract To Ex- Militant To Curb Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 24, 2022
Criminals cry cry
Re: FG Contract To Ex- Militant To Curb Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 24, 2022
Thief

(1) (Reply)

The Man, The Myth,the Legend / Peter Obi's Enviable Qualifications And Achievements. / By The End Of Buhari's Tenure Next Year, Nigeria Will Be Safer And More Secured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.