Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Money Generated From The Sale Of Land Always Leads To Business Failure... - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Money Generated From The Sale Of Land Always Leads To Business Failure... (439 Views)

5 Common Mistakes Relators Make That Costs Them The Sale / Freelancers Needed For The Sale Of Generators, Diesel Tank, ABB Transformer / Pix: Urgent Sale Of An Uncompleted 2 Units Of 3 bdrm apmt @ Seaside Estate, Ajah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Money Generated From The Sale Of Land Always Leads To Business Failure... by Slynation(m): 9:15am On Sep 24, 2022
Just when I thought I have heard it all, I just heard something for the first time that I need to clarify, so I was having this discussion with a friend of mine, and I made mention of selling some plots of lands solely for business purposes and he told me...

Let me quote in verbatim... "Money generated from the sale of land and used for business purposes will result to business failure and collapse of any business"

I tried arguing with him while applying logic and he told me to ask around...

So please who can confirm this statement or who has a long time business whose capital was generated from the sale of land...!!

Please mods, I need wild opinions on this matter...

Mynd44
Re: Money Generated From The Sale Of Land Always Leads To Business Failure... by Godisgreatest1: 9:23am On Sep 24, 2022
If you're selling a land or landed property, just make sure you are replacing it with another.

1 Like

Re: Money Generated From The Sale Of Land Always Leads To Business Failure... by Tokskob2008: 9:46am On Sep 24, 2022
He is talking thrash abeg. Maybe one or two people he knew had such bad experience but is that enough to generalize

3 Likes

Re: Money Generated From The Sale Of Land Always Leads To Business Failure... by Slynation(m): 9:55am On Sep 24, 2022
Godisgreatest1:
If you're selling a land or landed property, just make sure you are replacing it with another.
meaning there is atom of truth in what he said...??
Re: Money Generated From The Sale Of Land Always Leads To Business Failure... by Slynation(m): 9:57am On Sep 24, 2022
Tokskob2008:
He is talking thrash abeg. Maybe one or two people he knew had such bad experience but is that enough to generalize
Yea I guess so, but I just need someone who has an experience in such dealings either position or negative...
Re: Money Generated From The Sale Of Land Always Leads To Business Failure... by Dgoz(m): 11:01am On Sep 24, 2022
What I think he meant was selling inherited land (land gotten through inheritance) and using it for business, the proceeds from the sale can only be used for buying another piece of land, building or marrying a wife. If the money is used for anything business......Sorry for that business. I don't think it applies to land bought for investment, that is land you bought your self with your money and later you sell it.

1 Like

Re: Money Generated From The Sale Of Land Always Leads To Business Failure... by Godisgreatest1: 11:09am On Sep 24, 2022
Dgoz:
What I think he meant was selling inherited land (land gotten through inheritance) and using it for business, the proceeds from the sale can only be used for buying another piece of land, building or marrying a wife. If the money is used for anything business......Sorry for that business. I don't think it applies to land bought for investment, that is land you bought your self with your money and later you sell it.

Including land 'given to you as a member of a community'.

1 Like

Re: Money Generated From The Sale Of Land Always Leads To Business Failure... by Dgoz(m): 11:35am On Sep 24, 2022
Yes, you are correct. I forgot to mention this too.
Godisgreatest1:

Including land 'given to you as a member of a community'.
Re: Money Generated From The Sale Of Land Always Leads To Business Failure... by Slynation(m): 9:28pm On Sep 24, 2022
Dgoz:
Wow...thanks bro!! meaning he's kinda correct tho!! But no much awareness regarding this... Indeed, Land is very powerful...
Re: Money Generated From The Sale Of Land Always Leads To Business Failure... by HopeVictor(m): 10:51pm On Jan 13, 2023
Big lie

(1) (Reply)

Off Plan Apartments For Smart Investors In Abuja, Up To 30% ROI / Returning Nairalander Project In Lagos / A Room In A Flat Needed In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.