Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,675 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Atiku And PDP Should Adopt LP's OBI For President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku And PDP Should Adopt LP's OBI For President (348 Views)

25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu / INEC To LP/Obi: Stop blaming Us For Your Failure In Court / Court Admits Electoral Documents Tendered By LP, Obi - Punch.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku And PDP Should Adopt LP's OBI For President by Validated: 11:05pm On Sep 24, 2022
With what is happening in the PDP, ir is obvious that Wike and his co-conspirators are not going to support Atiku. It is also clear that they cannot support APC. Here are my reasons.

Wike, Makinde, Ikpeazu and Ortom knows that supporting APC is a political suicide. It happened to AD governors in 2003. Before the 2003 elections, AD was in control of all SW states and Lagos. Towards 2003 elections, OBJ made a deal with the AD governors to support him in PDP so that he would in turn support the governors during the governorship and house of assembly elections. Immediately OBJ got re-elected, he used his re-election status to boot out all 5 AD governors. AD never survived that deadly blow. This same scenario is what Wike and co are avoiding by not working for Tinubu. They know that if Tinubu and APC gets hold of their states, that is the end of their political careers. Makinde would be the first victim of such a reckless political move.
If the governorship and state assembly elections were to be held before presidential, the analogy would have been different.

With this knowledge the Wike group would be more confortable supporting Peter Obi and LP. With the latter showing considerable tractions in the last several weeks, a Peter Obi presidency is imminent. Hence a fertile ground to sow into by aggrieved PDP chieftains. With Obi winning the presidency, LP does not in anyway pose any danger to PDP retaning their states, hence Wike, Ortom, Ikpeazu and most importantly Makinde would not face any political threats from Peter OBI. Rather the OBIDIENT movement would gladly return the favour shown to LP at presidential elections.

As things stand now Atiku is in a dilemma. With SE and SS rooting for OBI, the PDP's natural bloc votes are gone. North Central is heaving a sigh of relief and looking to breath fresh air within Peter Obi's presidency. This leaves Atiku with just his deeply fragmented NE and a North West that still largely believes APC is their party. Although Atiku has made substantial in-roads into NW, that would not guarrantee him a win. Here is my solution to solve Atiku's present political dilemma.

Drop out of the race and support Peter Obi. This is the hard truth. Not just fact, but the TRUTH. It is bitter, but it saves pains and lives.
Here is why.

From Wike's press conference or interview, it is clear that even if Iyorcha Ayu resgns today, Wike and co would be reluctant to support Atiku wholeheartedly. Even so, what are the implication of Ayu's resignation? A greater than Wike's problems would emerge that would destroy PDP on an election year.
This is Atiku's fifth or so attempt at the presidency. This looked like it about a year ago, but not anymore. Especially with the emergence of Peter Obi and the Wike palava. An astute political giant would know that if this is happening now, perhaps providence has not chosen Atiku to rule. So, if the heavenlies have ruled Atiku out, he (Atiku) could make himself a National Hero by stepping down and ask his supporters to vote for Peter Obi. This is my one kobo on this matter.

May God shine His face on Nigeria and breath fresh air on us all, including the hateful and bitter agbadorians. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku And PDP Should Adopt LP's OBI For President by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 24, 2022
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Atiku And PDP Should Adopt LP's OBI For President by Graysons: 11:22pm On Sep 24, 2022
Atiku is not in any dilemma he still has his chances in the south south 50% if I'm not wrong so. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Atiku And PDP Should Adopt LP's OBI For President by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:24pm On Sep 24, 2022
Graysons:
Atiku is not in any dilemma he still has his chances in the south south 50% if I'm not wrong so. undecided
50% in your dreams

After all the Fulani herdsmen menace?

Hisses in every dialect of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Atiku And PDP Should Adopt LP's OBI For President by Validated: 11:24pm On Sep 24, 2022
Graysons:
Very, very wrong. Atiku cannot muster 25%. Where will he get that? Tell me which state?
Re: Atiku And PDP Should Adopt LP's OBI For President by Graysons: 11:26pm On Sep 24, 2022
Validated:

Very, very wrong. Atiku cannot muster 25%. Where will he get that? Tell me which state?
Atiku will get more than 70% in Baysela and that is my oow state,so know what you saying nigga.
Re: Atiku And PDP Should Adopt LP's OBI For President by Graysons: 11:29pm On Sep 24, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

50% in your dreams

After all the Fulani herdsmen menace?

Hisses in every dialect of Nigeria
Atiku is getting 50% in the south south when the time comes,you will know if I'm dreaming or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku And PDP Should Adopt LP's OBI For President by Validated: 11:31pm On Sep 24, 2022
Graysons:
Atiku will get more than 70% in Baysela and that is my oow state,so know what you saying nigga.
Atiku cannot get 40% in Bayelsa. In any case, Bayelsa is not upto 10% of SS. So, let's assume he gets 40% of 10%, that leaves him at 4% of SS. Where will he get the rest 20%? Rivers or Delta or Edo? I laugh in vernacular.
Re: Atiku And PDP Should Adopt LP's OBI For President by N3TRAL: 11:47pm On Sep 24, 2022
Validated:

Lol, Obi won't get 25% in Bayelsa, Cross River State and Akwa Ibom State.

Obi will not win Delta State and River State as it stands today.

Graysons is a son of the soil telling you the whole truth.

1 Like

Re: Atiku And PDP Should Adopt LP's OBI For President by Ruggedniggaone: 12:02am On Sep 25, 2022
Validated:
With what is happening in the PDP, ir is obvious that Wike and his co-conspirators are not going to support Atiku. It is also clear that they cannot support APC. Here are my reasons.

Wike, Makinde, Ikpeazu and Ortom knows that supporting APC is a political suicide. It happened to AD governors in 2003. Before the 2003 elections, AD was in control of all SW states and Lagos. Towards 2003 elections, OBJ made a deal with the AD governors to support him in PDP so that he would in turn support the governors during the governorship and house of assembly elections. Immediately OBJ got re-elected, he used his re-election status to boot out all 5 AD governors. AD never survived that deadly blow. This same scenario is what Wike and co are avoiding by not working for Tinubu. They know that if Tinubu and APC gets hold of their states, that is the end of their political careers. Makinde would be the first victim of such a reckless political move.
If the governorship and state assembly elections were to be held before presidential, the analogy would have been different.

With this knowledge the Wike group would be more confortable supporting Peter Obi and LP. With the latter showing considerable tractions in the last several weeks, a Peter Obi presidency is imminent. Hence a fertile ground to sow into by aggrieved PDP chieftains. With Obi winning the presidency, LP does not in anyway pose any danger to PDP retaning their states, hence Wike, Ortom, Ikpeazu and most importantly Makinde would not face any political threats from Peter OBI. Rather the OBIDIENT movement would gladly return the favour shown to LP at presidential elections.

As things stand now Atiku is in a dilemma. With SE and SS rooting for OBI, the PDP's natural bloc votes are gone. North Central is heaving a sigh of relief and looking to breath fresh air within Peter Obi's presidency. This leaves Atiku with just his deeply fragmented NE and a North West that still largely believes APC is their party. Although Atiku has made substantial in-roads into NW, that would not guarrantee him a win. Here is my solution to solve Atiku's present political dilemma.

Drop out of the race and support Peter Obi. This is the hard truth. Not just fact, but the TRUTH. It is bitter, but it saves pains and lives.
Here is why.

From Wike's press conference or interview, it is clear that even if Iyorcha Ayu resgns today, Wike and co would be reluctant to support Atiku wholeheartedly. Even so, what are the implication of Ayu's resignation? A greater than Wike's problems would emerge that would destroy PDP on an election year.
This is Atiku's fifth or so attempt at the presidency. This looked like it about a year ago, but not anymore. Especially with the emergence of Peter Obi and the Wike palava. An astute political giant would know that if this is happening now, perhaps providence has not chosen Atiku to rule. So, if the heavenlies have ruled Atiku out, he (Atiku) could make himself a National Hero by stepping down and ask his supporters to vote for Peter Obi. This is my one kobo on this matter.

May God shine His face on Nigeria and breath fresh air on us all, including the hateful and bitter agbadorians. grin grin grin
gibberish!!! Obi will struggle to win any zone outside South East and ipob no election in biafra land directive will reduce what he suppose to get and it will also lead to low turnout and even if wike decided to work for obi some people from his camp will still work for Atiku because they stand to gain alot from Atiku victory than Tinubu or obi voctory perhaps only wike can not change his mind because for him it's personal but for others they will go for what will serve their interests and dump wike

1 Like

Re: Atiku And PDP Should Adopt LP's OBI For President by Validated: 7:34am On Sep 25, 2022
Like ostritches, I see some people hiding their heads in the sand.

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of Orji Ụzọ Kalu Kneeling Down Is From This Video / Oct. 1st: Nigerian Paratrooper Soldiers Crash Into Trees, Building, Car / How True Is This Picture Of Obi,atiku And Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.