Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding (13962 Views)

Mercy Johnson And Her Kids Play In The Snow(photo) / Mercy Johnson Is Wanted By Nigerian Police / Hugh Hefner's Playmate Fiancee Calls Off Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by natasha: 7:59pm On Aug 13, 2011
http://nigeriafilms.com/news/13130/1/breaking-newsactress-mercy-johnson-finally-calls-o.html
according to the link above. I do have to say i feel deeply for her. It must be heartbreaking after all the time, effort, money, planning, shopping for the wedding. The plans and visions of how she'd want her married life to be, Such is life, if only there was a crystal ball, Life goes on.
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by Misbee(f): 8:41pm On Aug 13, 2011
Eyaah,atlast.pity her situation.Wat an embarrasement.chei!Eyaah,atlast.pity her situation.Wat an embarrasement.chei!
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 13, 2011
Eeya, messy Mercy. Shebi na she wan marry Edo 'prince' by fire by force. I can't help but pity the poor thing. All her detractors and enemies would be ecstatic in their schadenfreude. I hope she doesn't commit suicide.
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by rovders: 11:08pm On Aug 13, 2011
Nollywood actresses and their love for married men, pathetic
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 14, 2011
If it's true, she did the right thing.
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by Outstrip(f): 2:12am On Aug 14, 2011
Smart girl
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by tpia5: 2:20am On Aug 14, 2011
probably because the church was too embarassed to go ahead.

it would be nice if life were like one of those movies where when the groom for whatever reason is written out of the script during the wedding ceremony, a SINGLE another man immediately steps in and marries the woman. No need for a change of clothes, rescheduling or anything like that. The guests are already there, the food is ready, and no need to panic.

if only life were a fairytale. undecided
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by tpia5: 2:21am On Aug 14, 2011
anyway!!

we'll see sha.

nigerian women have to seriously consider dating non-nigerian men more.

dont limit yourself.

if you feel you're missing out by settling down with a non-nigerian, then just raise the kids to know something about nigerian culture and food. They can still be nigerian if their mother is one.

let me hear anybody try to argue differently.
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by An0nimus: 5:45am On Aug 14, 2011
proO1:

Eeya, messy Mercy. Shebi na she wan marry Edo 'prince' by fire by force. I can't help but pity the poor thing. All her detractors and enemies would be ecstatic in their schadenfreude. I hope she doesn't commit suicide.
I need carry dictionary for this grammar.
@Topic
feel really bad for her.and when I thought I'd be expectin more 'decent scenes' from her.now it can only get worse.
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by jamace(m): 5:54am On Aug 14, 2011
anyway!!

we'll see sha.

nigerian women have to seriously consider dating non-nigerian men more.
dont limit yourself.

if you feel you're missing out by settling down with a non-nigerian, then just raise the kids to know something about nigerian culture and food. They can still be nigerian if their mother is one.

let me hear anybody try to argue differently.

Wake up, my friend! This is just one in a million incident. More over, it happens all over the world. Note that every choice has a dilemma.

Well, for Mercy, cheer up. This should not be the end of the road. It's unfortunate your dream did not materialise. Don't fail to try again. Cheers.
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by tpia5: 6:01am On Aug 14, 2011
Wake up, my friend! This is just one in a million incident. More over, it happens all over the world. Note that every choice has a dilemma

1. It isnt a one in a million incident. She just happens to be a public figure and also broadcast the wedding, hence the huge shock to find out the guy is already married.

but it happens a bit more frequently than people want to admit.

2. no one said it doesnt happen in other parts of the world.

3. yes, every choice comes with a dilemma. But this particular dilemma is very destructive to the other people involved. Anyway!! That's water under the bridge now. They'll survive, by God's grace.

4. yes, she should try again, but broaden her options, unless she feels she absolutely cannot hook a single man who meets her requirements for dating.  undecided

dont know where they all ran to, anyway. So much for their drooling, admiration and other blah blah blah.
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by berepiki(m): 6:05am On Aug 14, 2011
Outstrip:

Smart girl
i agree wit u. It shows dat she's nt dat desperate as haters may think, she can aford a thousand men dat wil take her 2 d alter in a second. 9ice decision my ikebe super mercy, God wil surely reward al ur enemies of progress braaaaa
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 14, 2011
i support mercy on dis one, if bros can lie at dis stage,one shud only xpect wonders wen he's finanlly joined wit mercy.
proO1:

dis is one reason i love nairaland, it affords me d opportunity to learn. @Prof. I'm loyal.
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by StObaino2(m): 6:47am On Aug 14, 2011
The just took the best option,
Else woulda been up with a disgrace of her life,
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by juman(m): 6:51am On Aug 14, 2011
I think the marriage should go on.

We her fans are still with her.

Mama, let the marriage happen joor joor joor joor. grin

I wish them happy married life in advance.
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by Amya(f): 6:58am On Aug 14, 2011
The options were actually too limited for her. she just had two options. . .
1. Continue with the wedding at the risk of being criticized, maligned and disapproved of by the public or
2. Call off the wedding and save face.
She chose the later because that was the most reasonable option.
I actually feel sorry for whether or not she actually knew of the guy's previous marriage. It's quite embarrassing with all the attention and hype this attracted.
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by clearlaw: 7:02am On Aug 14, 2011
Why is it dat most actress have challenges in time marriage? She should take heart,
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by clearlaw: 7:02am On Aug 14, 2011
Why is it dat most actress have challenges in time marriage? She should take heart,
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by clearlaw: 7:03am On Aug 14, 2011
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by clearlaw: 7:03am On Aug 14, 2011
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by clearlaw: 7:04am On Aug 14, 2011
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by clearlaw: 7:05am On Aug 14, 2011
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by clearlaw: 7:05am On Aug 14, 2011
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by clearlaw: 7:06am On Aug 14, 2011
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by clearlaw: 7:07am On Aug 14, 2011
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by udbyron1(m): 7:23am On Aug 14, 2011
can someone kindly tell me the name of this movie?
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by Sike(m): 7:26am On Aug 14, 2011
Ehya! I pity her o. But wait!  Is it true she is pregnant
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by Machux2010(m): 7:29am On Aug 14, 2011
That was a smart decision by Mercy Johnson, it's better to live with that embarrassment for now than the whole of your marital life because your would-be step kids will one day rise against your happiness. It is just a matter of some time, you will come over. Bravo to MJ.
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by udbyron1(m): 7:31am On Aug 14, 2011
@clearlaw wats happening to your multiple post?
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by Achieverbb(m): 7:54am On Aug 14, 2011
I'm single and available for pick up for her, lolz
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by LoveKing(m): 8:05am On Aug 14, 2011
wetin concern me
Re: Mercy Johnson Calls Off Wedding by jaytime(m): 8:08am On Aug 14, 2011
I saw it coming. It's a pity. She should just dust her self and move on. It's one of the prices of stardom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dj TTB And His Wife Welcome A Baby Girl (Photos) / Uche Ogbodo Shimmers In New Makeover Photos / Ay Show Live:Lady Bares Her N!pples To Ay Comedian Show In Atlanta(Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.