Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Bioethics: What's Your Take In Organ Donation. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bioethics: What's Your Take In Organ Donation. (195 Views)

3 Celestial Church Members In Court For Rape, Organ Harvesting In Lagos / Watch Tower Accepts Crypto Currencies Donation / Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bioethics: What's Your Take In Organ Donation. by Blizzy300: 9:04pm On Sep 25, 2022
Bioethics: one of the consequential topics in religion
What is Bioethics
bioethics is a branch of applied ethics that studies the philosophical, religious, social, and legal issues arising in medicine and the life sciences. It is chiefly concerned with human life and well-being, though it sometimes also treats ethical questions relating to the nonhuman biological environment.
Some difficult topics under this subject.
ABORTION
ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION
ORGAN DONATION...

ORGAN DONATION:
Organ donation is the process when a person allows an organ of their own to be removed and transplanted to another person, legally, either by consent while the donor is alive or dead with the assent of the next of kin.

Some cultures especially here in Africa value the body of the dead and solemnly require to pay their last respect to the deceased by honoring them with a befitting burial.
Nevertheless, it has been a fast-growing development in society today that specific organs like the eyes, lungs liver kidneys of the deceased could be reserved and used to save a soul in the nearest future.
What this means is that the body of the deceased will be butchered
Will this act be accepted by Africans

Even though this topic appears earmarked but we must create awareness
So today my fellow nairalanders what's your take on organ donation?
Would you certify to donate in a given situation?
Assuming an Agency is established for the certification of this donation will you grant it?

Re: Bioethics: What's Your Take In Organ Donation. by Kobojunkie: 9:11pm On Sep 25, 2022
Blizzy300:
What this means is that the body of the deceased will be butchered
Will this act be accepted by Africans

Even though this topic appears earmarked but we must create awareness
So today my fellow nairalanders what's your take on organ donation? Would you certify to donate in a given situation?
Nothing wrong with donating an organ you no longer have use of, right? undecided
Re: Bioethics: What's Your Take In Organ Donation. by Blizzy300: 9:20pm On Sep 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Nothing wrong with donating an organ you no longer have use of, right? undecided
Easier said than done
Imagine given 2 months to live and you are asked to donate ?
Nlfpm
Re: Bioethics: What's Your Take In Organ Donation. by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Sep 25, 2022
Blizzy300:

Easier said than done
Imagine given 2 months to live and you are asked to donate ?
Nlfpm
These sort of decisions are usually best made when one is less under duress. grin

I made it when I went to get my driver's license. undecided
Re: Bioethics: What's Your Take In Organ Donation. by MufasaLion: 9:30pm On Sep 25, 2022
There's nothing bad in organ donation as long as it's willingly.
Re: Bioethics: What's Your Take In Organ Donation. by Blizzy300: 9:39pm On Sep 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
These sort of decisions are usually best made when one is less under duress. grin

I made it when I went to get my driver's license. undecided
Lol
What did you donate, car keys?
Re: Bioethics: What's Your Take In Organ Donation. by Blizzy300: 9:40pm On Sep 25, 2022
MufasaLion:
There's nothing bad in organ donation as long as it's willingly.
Will you certify donation before death?
Re: Bioethics: What's Your Take In Organ Donation. by Kobojunkie: 9:45pm On Sep 25, 2022
Blizzy300:

Lol
What did you donate, car keys?
Oh, no, I simply indicated that I would like to be an organ donor. So in the case of my death, I think, the state, I believe, has my consent to harvest my organs. undecided
Re: Bioethics: What's Your Take In Organ Donation. by Blizzy300: 9:49pm On Sep 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Oh, no, I simply indicated that I would like to be an organ donor. So in the case of my death, I think, the state, I believe, has my consent to harvest my organs. undecided
Oh wow!
That's nice of you sir
Re: Bioethics: What's Your Take In Organ Donation. by Blizzy300: 9:50pm On Sep 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Will your family be ok with this decision?
Re: Bioethics: What's Your Take In Organ Donation. by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On Sep 25, 2022
Blizzy300:
Will your family be ok with this decision?
Is the body their property or mine to give? undecided

I thought my organ is mine to give to whomever i wish and the rest to be burned up to ashes and used for fertilizer, or are you saying I am wrong? undecided
Re: Bioethics: What's Your Take In Organ Donation. by MufasaLion: 9:51pm On Sep 25, 2022
Blizzy300:

Will you certify donation before death?

I don't know what is gonna be the cause of my death but however, I hope to live long and not have a terminal illness.

On the other side, I don't know if I can donate my organs or not. Most people are in my shoes also. We humans are quick to wish to be the hero until reality dawn on us. Although donating one's organs is a selfless act which depends solely on the donor.

I hope I responded to you as you had anticipated.
Re: Bioethics: What's Your Take In Organ Donation. by Blizzy300: 9:56pm On Sep 25, 2022
MufasaLion:

I don't know what is gonna be the cause of my death but however, I hope to live long and not have a terminal illness.

On the other side, I don't know if I can donate my organs or not. Most people are in my shoes also. We humans are quick to wish to be the hero until reality dawn on us. Although donating one's organs is a selfless act which depends solely on the donor.

I hope I responded to you as you had anticipated.

Yes, you really did meet my expectations but landing back to my arguments
Would it be possible down here in Africa
Re: Bioethics: What's Your Take In Organ Donation. by MufasaLion: 9:59pm On Sep 25, 2022
Blizzy300:

Yes, you really did meet my expectations but landing back to my arguments
Would it be possible down here in Africa

Yes, it's possible but very little because most people would donate because of financial returns or whatever returns, not because they want to willingly.

Poverty is the major reason most Africans would do it.
Re: Bioethics: What's Your Take In Organ Donation. by Blizzy300: 9:59pm On Sep 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Is the body their property or mine to give? undecided

I thought my organ is mine to give to whomever I wish and the rest to be burned up to ashes and used for fertilizer, or are you saying I am wrong? undecided
No sir, it's yours but...
do your people burn or bury the dead?
Re: Bioethics: What's Your Take In Organ Donation. by Blizzy300: 10:01pm On Sep 25, 2022
MufasaLion:

Yes, it's possible but very little because most people would donate because of financial returns or whatever returns, not because they want to willingly.

Poverty is the major reason most Africans would do it.
Lol
I'm more concerned about the dead donors
Re: Bioethics: What's Your Take In Organ Donation. by Kobojunkie: 10:01pm On Sep 25, 2022
Blizzy300:

No sir, it's yours but...
do your people burn or bury the dead?
I don't know what my people do. I only know what I want done in my case, and I hope to have a plan in place to ensure is done so I am not a burden to any others when I am dead and gone. undecided
Re: Bioethics: What's Your Take In Organ Donation. by Kobojunkie: 10:02pm On Sep 25, 2022
Blizzy300:

Lol
Why? Did they complain to you or something? undecided
Re: Bioethics: What's Your Take In Organ Donation. by MufasaLion: 10:12pm On Sep 25, 2022
Blizzy300:

Lol

It's gonna be difficult because of the spiritual and religious beliefs that Africans have allowed to ruined themselves. A typical African family would never give out their deceased's organs.

(1) (Reply)

Good Morning And May God Bless You Today. / Fight Your Fears With God's Word / Catholic Dating Advice : Tips For Finding The One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.