Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,506 members, 7,865,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:44 PM

One Feared Dead, Several Injured As Acn Supporters Clash In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Feared Dead, Several Injured As Acn Supporters Clash In Lagos (561 Views)

PDP & APC Supporters Clash In Akwa Ibom, 1 killed, Several Injured / Enugu Market Explosion: One Feared Dead, Sevearl Injured / Police, MASSOB Clash In Onitsha Leaves One Person Dead, Several Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Feared Dead, Several Injured As Acn Supporters Clash In Lagos by Beaf: 1:12am On Aug 14, 2011
[size=14pt]One feared dead, several injured as ACN supporters clash in Lagos [/size]
Written by Olalekan Olabulo, Lagos Sunday, 14 August 2011

There was tension on Saturday morning around Sari Iganmu in Apapa- Iganmu  Area of Lagos State as one person was  killed and several others severely injured when two factions of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) clashed.

The two warring factions had, in the last few days, been at  loggerheads over the choice of the party’s chairmanship candidate for the forthcoming local government election in the state.

A faction opposed to the emergence  of the incumbent chairman of Apapa–Iganmu Local Council Development Area, Samuel Adesola, had on Friday protested at the party secretariat.

Sunday Tribune gathered that the problem started on Saturday morning when some party loyalists, who are supporters of the incumbent chairman,  mobilised support for the chairman.

According to an eyewitness, the  supporters  had barely mobilised themselves for the protest when  members of the opposing faction attacked them,  leaving some of them critically injured.

The early morning attack was said to have led to massive  mobilisation  of supporters from the two camps, which aggravated the situation and left a yet- to-be-identified person dead.

Several people were also severely injured in the drama  that followed the clash as hoodlums  joined both parties and used all sorts of  dangerous weapons against one another.

The intervention of the men of the Rapid Response  Squad  (RRS )and other policemen prevented the clash from spreading to  other parts  of the  community.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/news/4773-one-feared-dead-several-injured-as-acn-supporters-clash-in-lagos
Re: One Feared Dead, Several Injured As Acn Supporters Clash In Lagos by Beaf: 1:13am On Aug 14, 2011
May the souls of the dead RIP.
Re: One Feared Dead, Several Injured As Acn Supporters Clash In Lagos by AndreUweh(m): 1:58am On Aug 14, 2011
I have changed my mind. I will not attempt to join ACN again.
Re: One Feared Dead, Several Injured As Acn Supporters Clash In Lagos by Obiagu1(m): 2:35am On Aug 14, 2011
ACN and thuggery.
Remember Akwa Ibom.
I hope Ngige relocates permanently to Lagos and take his Anambra ACN with him.
Re: One Feared Dead, Several Injured As Acn Supporters Clash In Lagos by NegroNtns(m): 2:46am On Aug 14, 2011
Where are the Ibos that want to be elected into government posts in Lagos?

Operation "wet e" don dey show hin head small small. This is good time to put your name on the ballot.
Re: One Feared Dead, Several Injured As Acn Supporters Clash In Lagos by Johndoe100(m): 3:22am On Aug 14, 2011
ACN is a thugs party. Everyone from Tinubu down is a thug.
Re: One Feared Dead, Several Injured As Acn Supporters Clash In Lagos by ektbear: 4:50am On Aug 14, 2011
Andre Uweh:

I have changed my mind. I will not attempt to join ACN again.

lmao

(1) (Reply)

Jos: Jonathan Orders Defence Chief To Take Charge Of Security / Fuel Subsidy - Northern Senators, Reps Move Against FG / Nigeria Places 159 Out Of 178 Countries In Human Quality Of Life Index

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.