Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,773 members, 7,813,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

I Am Innocent, Promise Ogumu Denies Allegations Of $37, 350 Fraud Against Him By - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Innocent, Promise Ogumu Denies Allegations Of $37, 350 Fraud Against Him By (356 Views)

Ahmed Idris: EFCC Uncovers Another ₦90b ‘Fraud’ Against Accountant-General / How Osinbajo Detected P&ID Fraud Against Nigeria - UK Judge Explains / I Am Innocent Of All Charges Take Me To Court, Fayose Tells efcc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am Innocent, Promise Ogumu Denies Allegations Of $37, 350 Fraud Against Him By by Details0987: 3:33am On Sep 26, 2022
I Am Innocent, Promise Ogumu Denies Allegations Of $37, 350 Fraud Against Him By Anti-graft Agency.

The former All Progressive Congress (APC) house of assembly candidate for Ika north east Mr Promise Ogumu, has given a detailed response to the allegations leveled against him.

In a press statement obtained by point blank magazine on Monday. Ogumu, denied all the claims as untrue and a calculated attempt to tarnish his name.

He insisted that not a dime of anyone's funds was fraudulently converted for his personal use and challenged the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission his accusers to produce evidence of such fraudulent transaction specifically for them to come forward with the complainant and any other evidence as relate to their fabricated falsehood that was orchestrated by political jealousy.

Ogumu claimed that some powerful toes he stepped on in Ika north east for decamping from people's democratic party (PDP) to the All Progressive Congress (APC) while pursuing his political career were out to tarnish his image and destroy his reputation at all course because of his fast rasing political acceptance by the people as they approach the 2023 election.

He said his traducers were out there publishing false information about him on social media platforms. Am a legitimate business man I have been running a successful registered property company since 2015, those perpetuating this fabricated storyline because of politics are enemies of progress.

He Called on news outlets to call their reporters to order warning that “falsehood and disinformation will not win election.

Urged bloggers, social media users and news outlets to caution their staffs specifically those overzealous busybody ones who don't carryout investigation before spreading falsehood as ignorance is not an excuse in law and to allow the election circle be about issues that will advance the growth, progress and stability of the country.

He admonished social media politicians from Ika north east to desist from spreading lies, malice and denigrating other politicians who refused to align with their primitive and uncivilized political ideology that will add no value to the wellbeing of the people

Further states that Nigeria will be better for it and the electoral process will be enriched if the 2023 presidential campaign sticks to issues of good governance that will lift millions of Nigerians out of poverty rather than being dominated by falsehood and ravings of guttersnipes, who do not wish the country well,” the statement added.

Ogumu noted that he saw the need to appeal to social media users, specifically bloggers, news outlets and political media aides after investigating the origin/root of those behind the scene that is spreading the Efcc bunch of lies on social media claiming that he defrauded someone that doesn't exist.

His lawyers are already doing the needful and any person or outfit found spreading this fake story to rubbish is hard earned reputation will face the consequences of their actions as the matter is already in court and we are going to follow it up to logical conclusion. the statement concluded.

Meanwhile the Benin Zonal Command of the EFCC on Tuesday, September 20, 2022 arraigned Promise Ogumo (a.k.a James Simpson, Brain Walker) before Justice F.A. Olubanjo of the Federal High Court sitting in Asaba, Delta State.

Ogumo was arraigned on six -count charges, bordering on fraudulent impersonation, obtaining by false pretence and possession of fraudulent documents. He is alleged to have sometime in 2019 and 202 obtained an aggregate sum of Thirty Seven Thousand Three Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($37, 350) under false pretence of a lottery investment.

Re: I Am Innocent, Promise Ogumu Denies Allegations Of $37, 350 Fraud Against Him By by expertman(m): 4:00am On Sep 26, 2022
Ok

(1) (Reply)

FG To Confer National Honour On Umahi / 2023: Why We Decide To Support Peter Obi – Ayo Adebanjo / Get Well Soon Tinubu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.