Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,035 members, 7,810,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

How To Get A Money Lenders License In Nigeria - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How To Get A Money Lenders License In Nigeria (2350 Views)

Microfinance Bank With Unit License In Abuja For Sale / Chaka Receives SEC License For Stock Trading In Nigeria / Private Money Lenders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get A Money Lenders License In Nigeria by KUDINAIRA: 8:20am On Sep 26, 2022
INTRODUCTION
All over the word Individuals and Businesses require money to meet needs and run business operations and this need for funding has led people to seek loans from various sources especially from commercial banks. In Nigeria, the lending industry has recently blossomed because of the general difficulty in accessing loans from commercial banks and this has led to the increase of private lenders.

However, in order to operate legally, these private lenders must obtain a money lending license in the state where they do their lending business. Each state in Nigeria has a legislation governing lending that also regulates the activities of money lenders. This article explains how to get a money lender’s license in Lagos and Abuja.

REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING A MONEY LENDERS LICENSE IN LAGOS
There are certain requirements in Lagos State for Obtaining a Money Lender’s License and they are listed as follows:

In Lagos state, the applicant must register as a Limited Liability Company with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) with at least two directors.
An application is made in the appropriate format, to the Chief Magistrate of the Magisterial District where the lending company is located .
A Money Lenders Certificate (Form B) and a letter addressed to the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Home Affairs are given to the applicant after a successful application, verifying due diligence and suggesting the issuing of a Money Lenders License.
An application is then made to the Police for a Clearance report on the directors of the Money lending Company.
The applicant would then make an application to the Lagos State Ministry of Home Affairs and attach the following supporting documents:
3 years (TCC) Tax Clearance Certificate for the Company and at least two directors
Office address of the company or the individual.
(CAC) Corporate Affairs Commission incorporation documents
Police Clearance Certificate for two directors of the company
A reference letter from a commercial bank in Nigeria
Proof of payment of Application of application and processing fees
Upon submission of the application, the Ministry will carry out a Physical inspection of the place of business and the license will subsequently be issued once the applicant is deemed to be fit and proper to act as a money lender. The certificate is valid for one year and subject to renewal.

Requirements For Obtaining A Money Lenders License In Abuja

These are the requirements for obtaining Money Lenders License in Abuja:

1. Application letter to the Chief Magistrate accompanied by the following:

a. The CAC Incorporation documents of the company.
b. Tax Clearance Certificate of the Company.
c. Police Clearance and thumbprint (For one or two of the company’s directors)
d. Reference Letter from the Company’s bank
e. Application letter for money lenders
f. Means of identification of the Directors (Photocopy of National I.D)
g. Affidavit of fact from of the Directors (this can be obtained from the Customary Court)
h. Proof of payment of Application fees

Upon submission of these documents and payment of the prescribed fees, the application will be assigned to any Magistrate within the jurisdiction. If the application succeeds, the Money Lenders Certificate and License is issued to the Applicant by the assigned Magistrate for a period of one (1) year and shall be renewable at the expiration of the license.

CONCLUSION
The acquisition of a money lenders license is crucial for any business planning to offer money lending services. This is done to establish the company’s legitimacy. The only organizations recognized and allowed to operate a money lending business in Nigeria are those with a government license. Only licensed money lenders have the power to file a lawsuit in court against a defaulting borrower in the case of a default by the borrower.

We Are A Team Of Legal & Compliance Consultants.
We Can Help You Process Your Money Lenders Permit In Lagos & Abuja
We Make The Process Easier & Affordable
100% Refund If You Are Not Satisfied.

Read More Here:
https://kudikonsult.com/how-to-get-a-money-lenders-license-in-nigeria/

Re: How To Get A Money Lenders License In Nigeria by jerrykc22(m): 8:27am On Sep 26, 2022
These are the things Nnamdi Kanu pointed out long ago. But, just like evil humanity did to Jesus Christ, they also said, "crucify him".

Igboho stood up for the Yoruba while Tinubu was taking sides with the oppressors, asking "where are the cows?" Today, Igboho is in prison while Tinubu is warming up to the presidency - supported by many of the same Yoruba whose lives Tinubu cares not about!

To be able to win votes in the North, Atiku had to delete his condemnation of the murder of a Northernern Christian girl Deborah. Now, same Atiku is using Mahdi to get the votes of Northern Christians whose lives he doesn't care about. And many Northern Christians are cheering him!

Today, many Nigerians tend to condemn Peter Obi for not criticising Kanu as if Kanu was not saying the truth all along.

Listen to me Nigerians, until you arise to openly defend Kanu for speaking up for you when it was very inconvenient to do so, YOU WILL FOREVER BE UNDER THE CURSE OF FULANI OPPRESSION.

Please oh, I used to wonder why some Nigerian youths support these evil people enslaving their future. I have understood it now from my recent personal experiences. They have weaponized poverty against us and it's working for them. Here is my story...

For many months now, I have been passing through hell. Joblessness is killing me gradually so much that I almost decided to work for the Atiku campaign. I was surviving by getting writing gigs but now every client is demanding the use of premium software that are very costly. Please, I'm ashamed having to tell these long stories but I don't know what else to do. Please, anyone who can help me with any amount of money at all, please do. UBA 2085743995 or with a remote job that I can do without any premium software. God bless you. Kindly understand please.
Re: How To Get A Money Lenders License In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2022
KUDINAIRA:
INTRODUCTION
All over the word Individuals and Businesses require money to meet needs and run business operations and this need for funding has led people to seek loans from various sources especially from commercial banks. In Nigeria, the lending industry has recently blossomed because of the general difficulty in accessing loans from commercial banks and this has led to the increase of private lenders.

However, in order to operate legally, these private lenders must obtain a money lending license in the state where they do their lending business. Each state in Nigeria has a legislation governing lending that also regulates the activities of money lenders. This article explains how to get a money lender’s license in Lagos and Abuja.

REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING A MONEY LENDERS LICENSE IN LAGOS
There are certain requirements in Lagos State for Obtaining a Money Lender’s License and they are listed as follows:

In Lagos state, the applicant must register as a Limited Liability Company with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) with at least two directors.
An application is made in the appropriate format, to the Chief Magistrate of the Magisterial District where the lending company is located .
A Money Lenders Certificate (Form B) and a letter addressed to the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Home Affairs are given to the applicant after a successful application, verifying due diligence and suggesting the issuing of a Money Lenders License.
An application is then made to the Police for a Clearance report on the directors of the Money lending Company.
The applicant would then make an application to the Lagos State Ministry of Home Affairs and attach the following supporting documents:
3 years (TCC) Tax Clearance Certificate for the Company and at least two directors
Office address of the company or the individual.
(CAC) Corporate Affairs Commission incorporation documents
Police Clearance Certificate for two directors of the company
A reference letter from a commercial bank in Nigeria
Proof of payment of Application of application and processing fees
Upon submission of the application, the Ministry will carry out a Physical inspection of the place of business and the license will subsequently be issued once the applicant is deemed to be fit and proper to act as a money lender. The certificate is valid for one year and subject to renewal.

Requirements For Obtaining A Money Lenders License In Abuja

These are the requirements for obtaining Money Lenders License in Abuja:

1. Application letter to the Chief Magistrate accompanied by the following:

a. The CAC Incorporation documents of the company.
b. Tax Clearance Certificate of the Company.
c. Police Clearance and thumbprint (For one or two of the company’s directors)
d. Reference Letter from the Company’s bank
e. Application letter for money lenders
f. Means of identification of the Directors (Photocopy of National I.D)
g. Affidavit of fact from of the Directors (this can be obtained from the Customary Court)
h. Proof of payment of Application fees

Upon submission of these documents and payment of the prescribed fees, the application will be assigned to any Magistrate within the jurisdiction. If the application succeeds, the Money Lenders Certificate and License is issued to the Applicant by the assigned Magistrate for a period of one (1) year and shall be renewable at the expiration of the license.

CONCLUSION
The acquisition of a money lenders license is crucial for any business planning to offer money lending services. This is done to establish the company’s legitimacy. The only organizations recognized and allowed to operate a money lending business in Nigeria are those with a government license. Only licensed money lenders have the power to file a lawsuit in court against a defaulting borrower in the case of a default by the borrower.

We Are A Team Of Legal & Compliance Consultants.
We Can Help You Process Your Money Lenders Permit In Lagos & Abuja
We Make The Process Easier & Affordable
100% Refund If You Are Not Satisfied.

Read More Here:
https://kudikonsult.com/how-to-get-a-money-lenders-license-in-nigeria/

How much will all of this cost ?
Re: How To Get A Money Lenders License In Nigeria by KUDINAIRA: 4:58pm On Oct 11, 2022
@ibechris The cost of and requirements for obtaining a money lenders'permit varies with state. Please kindly chat our personnel in-charge (Busayo) on 09124286877 for more details and advice on getting with the process.
Re: How To Get A Money Lenders License In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 6:07pm On Oct 11, 2022
KUDINAIRA:
@ibechris The cost of and requirements for obtaining a money lenders'permit varies with state. Please kindly chat our personnel in-charge (Busayo) on 09124286877 for more details and advice on getting with the process.

Ok,I will call then.

(1) (Reply)

Ponzi Scheme: Drama As Widow Who Lost N2.9m, Others Storm Benue Police Command / 4 Methods To Make Money With Quora.com / How To Become A Billionaire In Naija. New Ideas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.